Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Markeyh, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

It will not happen!

2. JayFin327

JayFin327 Well-Known Member Donator

....And so would drafting a Heisman winning RB with a bad knee and a OG/C that can't snap the ball without hitting some part of his leg.....who do you suggest we draft then?? I would gamble on Mallet given his intangibles alone.

3. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

If they would draft a QB in round one and reach I would take Colin Kaepernick over Mallett

4. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

But if it were me I would play it safe and take the player of need and the position of need and it so happens he is ranked somewhere about where we will draft and that is Ingram. Yes, I would draft him.

5. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

I would stay away from drafting a QB if I were Jeff, because if he does draft a QB early it would instantly polarize the team. All next year the media and these unbalanced fans (CK) would be foaming at the mouth and throw the management under the bus….

What Miami has lacked over the years is stability and I for one do not want to see this good young GM roasted by impatient fans that can't discern that this management team has done a pretty good job and deserve the time needed to complete the job.

I also feel the same for Henne, he deserves a chance to complete his contract with Miami too.....His play has not been as bad as many (who want change) claim.

6. REAL DEAL

REAL DEAL Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP Donator

No, I would not take him at 15. Now if you trade down and he is there at say 20 to 25 then I take another look.

7. state06

state06 A True Fan

and what do you think will happen if we didnt draft a QB and Henne performs like he did last year?

8. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

I didn't say I would not bring in a QB for competition. I would bring in a FA Veteran QB when all is said and done and open up the job for competition...

9. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

If I were Jeff and Sparano, I would draft a QB because that pretty much guarantees you another year with a job.

10. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

Really? R U Serious?........

Get real!

They draft a rookie QB early and they are done!

11. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

But if they keep the team they have in tact, add more talent and speed on offense. Maintain the defense or improve it. They will make the playoffs.....If not they still would have fewer pieces to fill next year......if they survive the onslaught.

But making the playoffs would assure them more time to complete the job.

12. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Stability is nothing when it leads to consistent mediocrity.

I want the team polarized. I want the locker room tense. I want people speaking through the media. I want Marshall to inevitably say something foolish on the subject(we all know it would happen eventually). I want the problem San Diego, Philly, and New England had: to many good quarterbacks. Because im sick and tired of not having a single decent one.

We've been playing it safe for over 10 years. How has it turned out?

13. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 Perennial All-Pro

if he is a bust yes, but if he is dan marino that would suck

14. finfan75

finfan75 Starter

What makes you an expert? Come on even the so called experts get it wrong...

15. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

"Stability is nothing when it leads to consistent mediocrity"

Miami is not a mediocre team, they are one of the upcoming young teams in the NFL and the youngest in our division, they have fixed our Defense in the past few Drafts and Now it's time to focus on offense.....They have good WR's a good TE', the Best LT in the game, a very good RT, a very good veteran RB who is a FA (they should bring back)... so I do not see our offense that far away from being very good to hopefully great.

As soon as they get close you impatient fans demand change. And we start all over again.

16. noworries

noworries Rookie

They're gonna do whatever they can to trade down from #15. My gut tells me this is all to entice a QB hungry team to trade up to 15 for a QB. I just don't think they'll pul the trigger on QB at 15. JMO

17. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

Not sure if this is directed to me, but if so....

I do not claim to be an expert, I am a diehard fan just like most of us here....

Just giving you my opinion on the subject at hand....

18. state06

state06 A True Fan

there are some slim pickings in FA at QB. IMO the best way to open up a competition would be to bring in a rookie with a big arm. there is value at RB all through the draft, but there is a serious QB drop off after round 1.

19. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Why do we care what Markeyh thinks the Dolphins should or shouldn't do again? Someone remind me.

20. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

Ahhh...my nemesis chimes in!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I can ask the same of you CK......

21. CNNChris

CNNChris Well-Known Member

sounds like CK (above) is upset at markeyh's comment about him like an angry middle schooler lol. Grow up dude.

Why do we care what anyone thinks? Because this is a FORUM, this is what people DO, they give their opinions. If you dont want to listen to others, dont be on a forum. Thats what we're here for. Give and take constructive criticism; CK and Boomer write some good posts, but god forbid if you ever criticize either of the guys, they turn into angry little girls.

Its a forum! Grow up.

22. RockyMtnPhinfan

RockyMtnPhinfan A True Fan Donator

Henne isn't the answer. Draft Mallett. Hell our team is very likely the one's trying to drive his stock down so that we can get him. Henne doesn't have the vision or moxy to be the leader this team needs. Ross told our front office to think of long term gains when they draft. This signals that they don't have to try and win the whole things next year, but he wants to set this team up for success down the road.
    Let me ask you this: What FA QB do you think will put this team over the top? Orton will not be available because Denver knows Tebow isn't the one. Kolb has too high of an asking price and the Bengals are not letting Palmer walk for cheap. So who is your golden goose?

23. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

You are what your record says you are. 7-9 is mediocre. Picking 12th and 15th in a draft of 32 is mediocre.

We find a franchise quarterback, its not starting over. Its finishing the puzzle.

24. ckparrothead

Whose nemesis?

25. ckparrothead

What a bunch of powder puff nonsense from an ignorant malcontent. You come out of the woodwork just to take shots at people? LOL. Really?

26. RockyMtnPhinfan

Well honestly we can start by saying that CK backs up his opinions with hours worth of work breaking down film and explaining his point of view within each video. CK garners respect here because he puts the time in. You think that badge of "best poster of the year" comes easy? I can promise you it does not.
    How about SHOW us why Henne is the one, or why Mallett is not. CK has done this time and time again.
    You are an apple, he is an orange............get my drift?

Comparing yourself to CK is like throwing a whale a tic tac

27. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

Most ROOKIE QB's take years to develop; Miami’s already invested two years of starting in Henne.
    It just seems to me the wise choice would be to allow him his 3rd year of starting (most say that is when a young QB starts to show dividends) rather than scarp him out for some unproved College QB who the odds say most likely will not do any better……
    To me it would set the team back two years. That is why I would seek out the best option in the FA market to compete with Henne, and draft a young QB like Colin in maybe round 3 or 4 and let him compete against the QB who lost out as the starter.

28. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

I actually don't think we need to be looking at QB this year I want Henne to get another shot this year with the NEW OC...

29. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

I find him longwinded and boring.....

I also did not attack him he attacked me with his post....I just responded. And I never compared myself to him.

30. RockyMtnPhinfan

I think first and foremost the phins will try and trade back............then if the guy they covet (I think it's #1 Mallett, #2 Ponder) happens to be there when they pick they will pull the trigger. If both guys are gone i believe it then becomes BPA, and heck that could be a DE.
    Didn't you guys see Henne got YANKED last season? Coaches don't pull a QB just for fun. At that very point they showed their lack of confidence in him.

31. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

you're going to be in for some major dissapointment. Henne sucked at Michigan, he'll always stink in the NFL. He's a backup.

32. dolfin530

dolfin530 Student of the Game

I agree

33. ckparrothead

Yes...clearly.

Didn't attack me at all.

Forgive me I'm about to do an appearance on Denver's 102.3 The Ticket with Cecil Lammey. You all can listen in at http://www.denversportsstation.com/ if you want.

34. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Too many parallels between Mallett as a mid teen, solidly-built 2nd or 3rd QB taken off the board with Josh Freeman and Joe Flacco who turned out to be arguably the best QBs in their draft classes, to NOT to avoid pulling the trigger on Mallett if no one beats us to him!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
  35. Bartowboy

Bartowboy Starter

Do you really think were gonna win with a QB that people say is easy to read? I think not.

36. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Sparano benched Henne twice last season and with the season on the line he sent him to the bench in favor of Pennington. He's done.

37. josekareh

josekareh Finfansince75

I like Kaepernick, he would be good somewhere in rd 2 (again)

38. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

I also seen the OLD OC call stupid play after play and he was fired/ forced to retire, I also seen the Running game tank, I also seen the O-Line decimated through injuries and cuts that made no sense......

39. nyfinzfan

nyfinzfan Seasoned Veteran

Ive joined The Ponder bandwagon....all aboard!

40. Markeyh

Markeyh Rookie

Like I said I hope they don't waste a pick this year on a QB early in the Draft.