Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Honestly, yes. I do feel the firing of Cam was to early.....

Now I do happen to love the current management, not a huge fan of Tony but I am not to upset that he is back. I like our drafts these past 3 years and feel they have done better than any other management team in years, as far as drafting and they hit two homeruns last year in the big FA signings......(Not the best FA track record overall IMO)
NOBODY hits on them all and so in the whole body of work looking back from where they started three years ago, I would say I like the DIRECTION this team is headed. I do feel some sense of confidence in the management. And I like the youth on the team…..including our YOUNG QB.

Yes, clearly all our problems were caused by firing Cam Cameron to early. Obviously

No where in your posts did you answer the question of what would happen to Chad Henne if we were to draft a young quarterback.

Your "whole body of work" counts for nothing if you dont fix the problem that has been around for over a decade. Not once did i say we were a worse off team with this front office. Heck, ive been advocating them drafting a franchise quarterback(which you started this thread pleading we dont do that), which would keep them around if they are successful. But if they wont fix the problem, bring in someone who will.

I skipped from the first page to here. Same nonsense. Talk about conflicting points of view. You are entitled to your opinions Markeyh, but Sheesh.

Really? Are YOU serious with half of the crap you've posted in this thread?

Well, yes. I am serious as to what I believe.....even if you consider it crap. I expected some feed back but I am not here to get into attacking each other. I just feel it would be a setback to Draft Mallett. I respect what CK has done I just disagree.

I mean no offense to him or anybody else. If I am frustrating you…. I suggest there are plenty of other threads you can find someone who agree with both you and CK.

What I find strange is many say Henne sucks but they can't seem to name a FA QB who would be an upgrade.....

If the guy sucks it should be an easy answer....shouldn't it?
Or is it what it really is....that Henne is a young QB (JUST 25 years old) who Miami's trying to develop and some just lack patience???

No, I'm pretty damn sure that Henne sucks. Believe me, it took me a long time to say it last season. There just comes a point and time where you have to realize that the guy is a career backup at best.

OK, now you're starting to sound like a clone of Nubs.

I never said that Henne deserves to be the outright starter this year. I never said that Miami shouldn't draft Mallett(though I have said Miami should trade down before considering him). I do agree that with a few pieces this team is in the playoffs.

I don't appreciate you taking a cheap shot at me in a thread I haven't even been a part of.

Yes, clearly all our problems were caused by firing Cam Cameron to early. Obviously

No where in your posts did you answer the question of what would happen to Chad Henne if we were to draft a young quarterback.

Your "whole body of work" counts for nothing if you dont fix the problem that has been around for over a decade. Not once did i say we were a worse off team with this front office. Heck, ive been advocating them drafting a franchise quarterback(which you started this thread pleading we dont do that), which would keep them around if they are successful. But if they wont fix the problem, bring in someone who will.

In fact the mistake Parcells made was not retaining Cam at the very least as our OC......IMO.

I never said that......

I do wonder "IF" Henne had a chance to sit and mature for 3 years would he have faired better...

I also wonder if it's to early to give up on Henne too...

No, he still would have sucked. Watch him now, and watch his film at Michigan. He hasn't changed that much.

Henne IMO doesn't deserve another shot. He's done in Miami, or should be.

Agreed. Regardless of anyone's opinion of what QB is right for Miami whether it be Mallett or Ponder. Bottom line, Miami needs to roll the dice and aquire a first round QB. Make a damn investment in the QB position instead of this bargain basement shopping that hasn't worked for the better part of a decade.

I think that we should trade up with Dallas and grab Mallet there. I think he can be a pro bowler. I don't think he will last until #15. He can sit behind Henne and the next FA QB pick up to be groomed for later in the season or 2012.
We need to have quality QB's on our roster.

The problem is that as soon as Henne have ONE BAD game the calls will be for Mallett to replace him, and now we have another young QB who will be tossed to the Lions way to early, only because he was drafted in the first round…..
And by then the season will tailspin into a mess and Heads WILL roll...

That's the way it should be. You play like crap, you deserve to be treated like crap.

Back
Top Bottom