Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Agreed. Regardless of anyone's opinion of what QB is right for Miami whether it be Mallett or Ponder. Bottom line, Miami needs to roll the dice and aquire a first round QB. Make a damn investment in the QB position instead of this bargain basement shopping that hasn't worked for the better part of a decade.

If you take a player (reach) who is not a first round player in the first round is that suppose to make him better?

Well if you look at the history of Ireland's drafts you will see that they took the player at the position of need and that was graded around that spot taken....

J Long, V, Davis, J Ordick.........

Do you Mallett supporters really believe Jeff and Tony (Especially after last season) would put their jobs on the line and draft a Rookie QB in round one to sit behind Henne...? Really????

To me it defies logic....

But that's just my opinion.....

Drafting a rookie could help their case in keeping their jobs. Especially, if a rookie like Mallett or Ponder comes in when Captain Loser gets benched and plays well.

When you said Cameron should have been kept around.............i think you may have lost a few folks.
Keep it up and you may get some votes for an award from Finheaven at the end of the year. :)

"I'm sure you were for drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers as well."

Yes, because "AT THE TIME" Running back was our greatest need....

Oh, but if we all had a crystal ball....:)

A.J. Feeley was our starting QB, and yet you sit there and say RB was a greater need?

Like I said, I am not so sure that Henne is not that QB yet. This year will help convince me one way or the other. But if we did things my way I still don't see the problem because this team needs more talent on offense regardless...

I do not equate Henne with Jay Fiedler..... I was NOT a Fielder supporter. They won despite him IMO. But Henne's is just still to young to throw away....especially with what all went wrong on offense last year.....

The seven wins Miami had this past year came courtesy of Mike Nolan and the Dolphins defense. So, the team won despite him as well.

A.J. Feeley was our starting QB, and yet you sit there and say RB was a greater need?
\

At that time I had no problem with Ronnie being drafted, I just wish Nick would have stayed around to finish the job....In fact if I am not mistaken Ronnie's best season was under Cam Cameron. Who knew how to use him…

The seven wins Miami had this past year came courtesy of Mike Nolan and the Dolphins defense. So, the team won despite him as well.

The difference is Henne is ONLY a 2nd year starter and is ONLY 25 years old.......

Well until we can just dial 1-800-Franchize-QB I guess we just keep trying. But as for a QB we have drafted I do see Henne as the best one we’ve drafted since Marino...AND NO! I am not comparing him to Marino!!!!!!

I just don't think the "Henne Soup" has cooked long enough; it needs one more year of seasoning and the new Cook....
Many of you have YEARS of frustrations and fail to have the needed patience to let a management staff and our young developing players develop. I say Henne deserves more time. And I know I am not alone in that thought…

No soup for you.

It's either him, his wife, or his mother.
I am not the only fan who Likes Henne. I might be the only one foolish/courageous enough to defend him among a majority of people who do not like him....

I just don't hate him, yet.

Henne is not a failure, yet! He's a young QB who needs to be coached up.....we know what we have in him and we know what his needs are and we can all agree he has skills........he is not as bad as many claim.

I don't know how you can say that after the season he had. If that doesn't scream failure, I don't know what does.

Back
Top Bottom