Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

I actually don't think we need to be looking at QB this year I want Henne to get another shot this year with the NEW OC...

you're going to be in for some major dissapointment. Henne sucked at Michigan, he'll always stink in the NFL. He's a backup.

I find him longwinded and boring.....

I also did not attack him he attacked me with his post....I just responded. And I never compared myself to him.

Yes...clearly.

All next year the media and these unbalanced fans (CK) would be foaming at the mouth

Didn't attack me at all.

Forgive me I'm about to do an appearance on Denver's 102.3 The Ticket with Cecil Lammey. You all can listen in at http://www.denversportsstation.com/ if you want.

Too many parallels between Mallett as a mid teen, solidly-built 2nd or 3rd QB taken off the board with Josh Freeman and Joe Flacco who turned out to be arguably the best QBs in their draft classes, to NOT to avoid pulling the trigger on Mallett if no one beats us to him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really think were gonna win with a QB that people say is easy to read? I think not.
But if they keep the team they have in tact, add more talent and speed on offense. Maintain the defense or improve it. They will make the playoffs.....If not they still would have fewer pieces to fill next year......if they survive the onslaught.

But making the playoffs would assure them more time to complete the job.

Sparano benched Henne twice last season and with the season on the line he sent him to the bench in favor of Pennington. He's done.

I think first and foremost the phins will try and trade back............then if the guy they covet (I think it's #1 Mallett, #2 Ponder) happens to be there when they pick they will pull the trigger. If both guys are gone i believe it then becomes BPA, and heck that could be a DE.
Didn't you guys see Henne got YANKED last season? Coaches don't pull a QB just for fun. At that very point they showed their lack of confidence in him.
I also seen the OLD OC call stupid play after play and he was fired/ forced to retire, I also seen the Running game tank, I also seen the O-Line decimated through injuries and cuts that made no sense......

Like I said I hope they don't waste a pick this year on a QB early in the Draft.

I find him longwinded and boring.....

I also did not attack him he attacked me with his post....I just responded. And I never compared myself to him.

I can respect your opinion for sure. I think many folks here believe in Henne. Heck i used to be one of them.
His (CK) posts are long winded for the average fan, that is for sure. But to build a case for your opinion takes time and commitment, just like at a job in the real world. If you take a hair brain scheme to your boss as proof that some kind of change is needed they (if they're worth a damn) aren't going to give you the time of day. If you go into your boss' office with proof of why something will work, or why something will not work and you break down, in a constructive fashion, your reasons why things should change and can prove validity of your point your boss will listen to you rather than disount your opinion from the get go.
Sorry was that too long winded?

i agree i think fan need back off little bit to. we are not going to superbowl yet. why go to playoff and get blowout? still some hole to fill. very young team even qb. had one good yr. one bad year. this yr should be better for him

Do you really think were gonna win with a QB that people say is easy to read? I think not.

It's a team game and I feel Miami should just focus on adding more young talent around Henne for this year and if they fail to make the playoffs then Draft a QB in the first round next year while the Veteran QB they add this year finish the season...and mentor the rookie we draft next year.

They should Draft the BPA (OFFENSIVE) other than QB...... RB, O-GUARD/T, C, TE, WR/Return Man

Ive joined The Ponder bandwagon....all aboard!

I'd be comfortable with Ponder who's giving off those Brees vibes, as well as with Mallett, who like Marino seems to have little wrong with him other than rumor and innuendos... maybe even Locker at the right price although with that one, i'd rather have a qb coach mentoring him who's not a recycled receiver coach

Most ROOKIE QB's take years to develop; Miami’s already invested two years of starting in Henne.
It just seems to me the wise choice would be to allow him his 3rd year of starting (most say that is when a young QB starts to show dividends) rather than scarp him out for some unproved College QB who the odds say most likely will not do any better……
To me it would set the team back two years. That is why I would seek out the best option in the FA market to compete with Henne, and draft a young QB like Colin in maybe round 3 or 4 and let him compete against the QB who lost out as the starter.

Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, and Matt Stafford disagree with that statement.

Even if it does take a year or two, i'd rather have a promising young quarterback ready for the next 14 years ready then have nothing ready and bet it all on a quarterback who hasn't shown growth.

Back
Top Bottom