Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

I have to say CK.................you are kind of working against us fans of Mallett!!! I mean if some other teamhears what you have to say you could sway their opinion on taking him. Minnesota picks before us and you did this piece in that state!!!! AHHHHHHH the irony!

I can respect your opinion for sure. I think many folks here believe in Henne. Heck i used to be one of them.
His (CK) posts are long winded for the average fan, that is for sure. But to build a case for your opinion takes time and commitment, just like at a job in the real world. If you take a hair brain scheme to your boss as proof that some kind of change is needed they (if they're worth a damn) aren't going to give you the time of day. If you go into your boss' office with proof of why something will work, or why something will not work and you break down, in a constructive fashion, your reasons why things should change and can prove validity of your point your boss will listen to you rather than disount your opinion from the get go.
Sorry was that too long winded?

Ultimately it's just an opinion and I am not being paid for mine, CK must be.....

Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, and Matt Stafford disagree with that statement.

Even if it does take a year or two, i'd rather have a promising young quarterback ready for the next 14 years ready then have nothing ready and bet it all on a quarterback who hasn't shown growth.

Miami don't have a year or two to take steps backward.....

When it comes down to it, there is no FA right now so you can't rely on filling holes there, so it has to be filled by draft. Our coaching staff has made it very clear that they don't have much faith in Henne. I believe due to the fact that we don't have a second round pick, that if we can't trade out of the 15 spot Mallett could very well be the pick. After the Second rd the QB list will be very slim and probably wouldnt even challenge Henne. As far as Ingram goes, I think value can be found later with minimal talent difference. In today's NFL you have to be able to spread the field and force defenses to fear you. No one fears nor will fear Henne he's average, always has and always will.

When it comes down to it, there is no FA right now so you can't rely on filling holes there, so it has to be filled by draft. Our coaching staff has made it very clear that they don't have much faith in Henne. I believe due to the fact that we don't have a second round pick, that if we can't trade out of the 15 spot Mallett could very well be the pick. After the Second rd the QB list will be very slim and probably wouldnt even challenge Henne. As far as Ingram goes, I think value can be found later with minimal talent difference. In today's NFL you have to be able to spread the field and force defenses to fear you. No one fears nor will fear Henne he's average, always has and always will.

What I find strange is many say Henne sucks but they can't seem to name a FA QB who would be an upgrade.....

If the guy sucks it should be an easy answer....shouldn't it?
Or is it what it really is....that Henne is a young QB (JUST 25 years old) who Miami's trying to develop and some just lack patience???

Miami don't have a year or two to take steps backward.....

Didnt you just post about how we have one of the younger teams in the NFL? And the preferable results are more years of finishing around .500?

Take the year "backwards". If we have to struggle for a year but then are competative for the next 10, thats a win.

It's a team game and I feel Miami should just focus on adding more young talent around Henne for this year and if they fail to make the playoffs then Draft a QB in the first round next year while the Veteran QB they add this year finish the season...and mentor the rookie we draft next year.

They should Draft the BPA (OFFENSIVE) other than QB...... RB, O-GUARD/T, C, TE, WR/Return Man

if they don't make the playoffs everyone will be fired.

What I find strange is many say Henne sucks but they can't seem to name a FA QB who would be an upgrade.....

Or is it what it really is....that Henne is a young QB (JUST 25 years old) who Miami's trying to develop and some just lack patience???

most of the free agent QB's are either old or very expensive.

Yes...clearly.

Didn't attack me at all.

Forgive me I'm about to do an appearance on Denver's 102.3 The Ticket with Cecil Lammey. You all can listen in at http://www.denversportsstation.com/ if you want.

Nice interview, its good to see credit being given to where its due, but now im anxious to see this debate with Burmeister youve mentioned. As well, im going to be severly disappointed if you had a chance to punch Jamie Dukes and passed on it.

I have yet to say Henne sucks I said he's average and average ain't gonna win us a superbowl.That's the goal. And it's hard to be patient when your times running out.

Aaron Rodgers his first year starting even after sitting and learning for 3 years had some adjusting to do, his first year was ok but many Packer Fans Hated him and wanted Favre.......
But the Packers supported him and 6 years later He wins a SB...

Henne's been a starter for just two years......

I have yet to say Henne sucks I said he's average and average ain't gonna win us a superbowl.That's the goal. And it's hard to be patient when your times running out.
I say he's just young and growing....and too many fans are just impatient. I also fault much of Miami's failures last year on a host of things that had NOTHING to do with Henne.

Back
Top Bottom