Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

I have to say CK.................you are kind of working against us fans of Mallett!!! I mean if some other teamhears what you have to say you could sway their opinion on taking him. Minnesota picks before us and you did this piece in that state!!!! AHHHHHHH the irony!

Hah, I doubt the teams give two squirts what I think. I'm not that big-headed.

I don't feel that taking a chance on Mallett would necessarily be a mistake. I don't claim to be an expert, just a fan, but it seems that all the negatives about him are vague and unproven, and the positives are undeniable. As you guys know, the reports on him are similar to the ones on a QB in the past that turned out pretty well for us. We have a lot of good players on this team already. I understand the risk, but if there is say a 25% chance that this guy is a stud qb then pull the damn trigger. I am sick of safe, conservative "value" picks. Time to roll the dice for a change. If the worst comes true and he sucks, we wasted a pick. We have certainly done that before.

Aaron Rodgers his first year starting even after sitting and learning for 3 years had some adjusting to do, his first year was ok but many Packer Fans Hated him and wanted Favre.......
But the Packers supported him and 6 years later He wins a SB...

YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT

2008 GB 16 341 536 63.6 4038 7.5 28 71 13 6 93.8

Yep Rogers's first year stats are reeeeaaaaal similar to Henne's

Nice interview, its good to see credit being given to where its due, but now im anxious to see this debate with Burmeister youve mentioned. As well, im going to be severly disappointed if you had a chance to punch Jamie Dukes and passed on it.

Hah, it was a satellite interview. Burmeister and I really went at it, was good TV. No hard feelings tho, just representing different viewpoints.

YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT

2008 GB 16 341 536 63.6 4038 7.5 28 71 13 6 93.8

Yep Rogers's first year stats are reeeeaaaaal similar to Henne's

I never said that......

I do wonder "IF" Henne had a chance to sit and mature for 3 years would he have faired better...

I also wonder if it's to early to give up on Henne too...

In my opinion Malletts talent alone is worth the 15th pick. The has a cannon and can make every throw needed.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20110417/SPORTS06/104170341/1459/liv06/NFL-draft-Selecting-QB-an-inexact-science?odyssey=nav%7Chead

But quarterbacks picked early in the draft over the past couple of decades have leaned a lot heavier on busts than booms.
We'll let the numbers tell this story.
In the past 15 years, 20 quarterbacks have been selected with top-10 picks in the NFL draft.
Of those 20 selections, seven have been clear-cut busts. You know their names: Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart and JaMarcus Russell.
Another three have been clear disappointments: Alex Smith, Vince Young and Byron Leftwich.
Then there are guys who have had average careers like Carson Palmer or are too-early-to-tell projects like Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez.
Looking for a bona fide Hall of Famer?
There aren't many. Peyton Manning, for sure. Perhaps Philip Rivers, Michael Vick or Eli Manning one day.
And all of these quarterbacks are the cream of the crop first-rounders.

Go a little deeper in the first round and you run into disasters like Cade McNown (No. 12 pick), Kyle Boller (No. 19), J.P. Losman (No. 22), Brady Quinn (No. 22), Rex Grossman (No. 22) and Jim Druckenmiller (No. 26).
Of the 36 quarterbacks selected in the first round in the past 15 years, only one has been a first-team All-Pro: Peyton Manning.

"Stability is nothing when it leads to consistent mediocrity"

Miami is not a mediocre team, they are one of the upcoming young teams in the NFL and the youngest in our division, they have fixed our Defense in the past few Drafts and Now it's time to focus on offense.....They have good WR's a good TE', the Best LT in the game, a very good RT, a very good veteran RB who is a FA (they should bring back)... so I do not see our offense that far away from being very good to hopefully great.

As soon as they get close you impatient fans demand change. And we start all over again.

:lol:

We have no good TE, our RT is a bum and our QB is a bum.

Oh and were a mediocre team, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom