Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Listen here's the thing about taking a QB high this year. If Henne turns out to be the goods, he'll play...and he'll KEEP playing. This lockout is on, and Mallett wouldn't get to have a full off season learning the offense. Nobody's a Day 1 starter, not even a guy with as high a Football IQ as Ryan Mallett. Henne will HAVE his chances no matter WHAT the Dolphins do at #15 with respect to QB or no QB. At worst, you can say that Henne's leash will be short at maybe the first 8 games, and from there they might start tossing Mallett out there if they don't feel Henne is the goods.

So then logically all you people who don't want a QB at #15 can say is maybe you're doing Chad Henne a disservice by not giving him a talent at #15 that will help him play well in those first 8 games. Well...how GOOD do you expect that #15 pick to play in the first half of his rookie season? I mean, we just drafted Jared Odrick 1st round, got nothing out of him. Nobody seems to care about that. We grab Mike Pouncey or Gabe Carimi to play LG...how much do those players legitimately help Chad Henne in the first half of the year? Not THAT much.

Chad Henne's going to be on a short leash regardless. This will be the dude's FOURTH year in the league. By the end of his 8th game this year he'll have played in 38 games and will have 1200+ throws under his belt. Shouldn't that be enough time to get an idea of what this guy is going to be?

Props to you CK, nice interview as i listened to it live. The interviewer prides himself on being ALL football guy and he liked your opinions very much.

I know Cecil pretty well. He is definitely a football guy, lives it, breathes it. I can't even tell you how many Denver Broncos games he has recorded in his library. Hundreds.

he has the highest value at #15

mallet will be a miami dolphin

how do you know he'll be a bust? an elite skill set like his doesn't fall off a tree. 69 TD's in 2 years in the SEC is impressive.
Because I do not consider anything he's done in College ball as a sure thing he can do it in the NFL and specifically the AFC East, from what I have read about him is he lacks mobility....If that is the case NE and The Jets will eat him for lunch.......

That is why I would wait and take Colin Kaepernick in round 3 or later if he should fall...

Because I do not consider anything he's done in College ball as a sure thing he can do it in the NFL and specifically the AFC East, from what I have read about him is he lacks mobility....If that is the case NE and The Jets will eat him for lunch.......

Exactly why you have no idea what your talking about.

I WATCHED him play, he is very mobile inside the pocket.

Listen here's the thing about taking a QB high this year. If Henne turns out to be the goods, he'll play...and he'll KEEP playing. This lockout is on, and Mallett wouldn't get to have a full off season learning the offense. Nobody's a Day 1 starter, not even a guy with as high a Football IQ as Ryan Mallett. Henne will HAVE his chances no matter WHAT the Dolphins do at #15 with respect to QB or no QB. At worst, you can say that Henne's leash will be short at maybe the first 8 games, and from there they might start tossing Mallett out there if they don't feel Henne is the goods.

So then logically all you people who don't want a QB at #15 can say is maybe you're doing Chad Henne a disservice by not giving him a talent at #15 that will help him play well in those first 8 games. Well...how GOOD do you expect that #15 pick to play in the first half of his rookie season? I mean, we just drafted Jared Odrick 1st round, got nothing out of him. Nobody seems to care about that. We grab Mike Pouncey or Gabe Carimi to play LG...how much do those players legitimately help Chad Henne in the first half of the year? Not THAT much.

Chad Henne's going to be on a short leash regardless. This will be the dude's FOURTH year in the league. By the end of his 8th game this year he'll have played in 38 games and will have 1200+ throws under his belt. Shouldn't that be enough time to get an idea of what this guy is going to be?
The problem is that as soon as Henne have ONE BAD game the calls will be for Mallett to replace him, and now we have another young QB who will be tossed to the Lions way to early, only because he was drafted in the first round…..
And by then the season will tailspin into a mess and Heads WILL roll...

If they Draft a RB @ 15 he could start right away and show dividends and also fill a need IMO. That is why I have RB as our biggets need for #15....

I like most of you hope they can trade down.....

If they do and Ingram is there I still would take him.....if not Pouncey, or some other Interior linemen would be my choice...

But IF I were Ireland I would NOT Draft a QB in round one under any circumstances

Back
Top Bottom