Drake and williams better than Ajayi | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake and williams better than Ajayi

I think it opens up the passing game Gase envisioned. The offense looked like a normal NFL offense tonight. Came up short but I think Gase may have found his solution to an abnormally bad offense.
I kinda agree. Passes the the RBs work a lot and Miami has 2 really good pass catching backs. I mean Williams would’ve had almost 100 yards receiving if Landry didn’t get called for holding.

Williams has always been a good receiver out of the backfield. Drake has some Flash too. They don’t necessarily need a workhorse back. All of it isn’t enough though. Dolphins gonna Dolphin.

So Drake's production today was close to what Ajayi did in Philadelphia, minus the fumble of course.

Having that extra blocker or receiver helped tonight leading to some good plays. We may lose a bit on physical running but I'll take the better pass catching and blocking. Now if we could push the ball down field a little we may look like a real offense.

I liked what i saw..they looked very smooth at catching & Drake has a burst that Ajayi doesn't have.

Ajayi was terrible at catching & he wasn't good picking up blitzes either he was one dimensional but for the love of my i never understand why we didn't use him for PA like the eagles did today with him.

They definitely helped Cutler do better against the blitz. He actually looked decent tonight and that was in part because he could get rid of the football quicker to both Williams and Drake. Couldn't do that with Jay.

Drake looks good. Gase can now using passing as an extended running game. I think we see a better offense going forward with Drake and Willaims finding their confidence as starters.

In fairness, if you take away the 42 yard run (which had a gaping hole I could run through) Drake only averaged only 3.3 yards per carry. If you average Ajayi's 7 runs, not counting his 46 yard touchdown, he still averaged 4.4 yards per carry. We only rushed for 86 yards as a team as well...not sure how this means we're better without Ajayi, since our running backs were getting blown up one contacted (very little yards after initial contact) and the check downs are relatively irrelevant. We look the same. The only difference is we played one of the most incompetent defenses in the league. Wait till next week...YOIKES.

It really doesn't matter at this point because this offensive line still isn't very good at consistently opening up holes for the running backs. Another major issue is that teams do not fear getting beat deep since the Dolphins can not/do not throw deep. The Dolphins faced one of the worst pass defenses in the league that was missing 3 of their top CBs. The Dolphins dinked/dunked their way to a lot of yards but were held to 24 points with the last 8 coming when the game had pretty much already been decided. An average offense like the Bills scores over 30 while a good offense like the Eagles would have scored over 50 on that defense. We won't truly know what they have with Drake until the Dolphins improve the O-line and have a QB under center that can threaten the entire field.

If Ajayi had fumbled away a key situation during a tight Eagles loss today I imagine that would have prompted some attention here.

That Drake fumble was actual, not theoretical impact like attitude or yards lost by choosing one path instead of another.

Miami looks better with these RBs because they fit his scheme more. They can actually block and catch. Plus we aren't trying to force a running game that isn't there anymore.

Vance Joseph should've done us a solid and shipped us CJ before the trade deadline haha. He has his own problems, though. Too bad we didn't swapped Ajayi out for a pass catching back in lieu of the 4th

Back
Top Bottom