Drake and williams better than Ajayi | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake and williams better than Ajayi

the opposing dc sure doesn't feel that way

only real threat on this o now is dvp

I give drake credit for running the ball where it was designed to go. seemed to get that message...had a nice press the safety before you bounce it draw play run...that's textbook stay vertical when theres nothing but grass in front of you press the safety then bounce

as a result it gained what it should gain...

but boy is this smoke and mirrors at rb...got 2 3rd down backs masquerading as leads...I'd bet my left nut by the end of day 2 of the draft a picks coming at rb...

You can see after last night how much Gase really likes to throw to his RB's. I agree with the earlier poster though, Williams is a terrible runner, which is a shame bc hes our best pass blocker and a good receiver. Drake is far superior at running the ball imo. I wish we would throw the ball downfield more like everyone else, but if we can keep moving the chains and not have Cutler turn the ball over, I'll take the 5 yard dump offs all day long. At least the offense made an appearance yesterday for the first time in a month.

You still need a lead back, a run between the tackles type of back who can chew up clock and close a game with a lead type back. None on the roster at the moment.

I agree but I love the backs being involved in the passing game. It’s a weakness for NFL defenses that we never exploited with Jay.

Precisely why they are better and Gase made the right decision.

Yeah I like Michael Thomas as a ST player, and he'll always have that pick of Brady, but he's SOOOOOO limited on defense. He was made to look silly on Lynch's first TD, and because he's so limited Reshad has to stay back more and can't do what he does best,

We were playing one of the worst defenses in the league, while the Eagles were playing one of the best.

And the Eagles are the best offense,and we are the worst offense. So it a push and equals out.

Looks like he had his head on right with Philly 8 carries 77yds and a 46 yd td run.

When your coach tells you you're doing something wrong, and you say "What are you gonna do about it? Cut me?" ... Then you shouldn't be surprised when you get cut.

Bottom line is that the coach tried for over a year to make it work and the player didn't want it to work. At some point you have to accept that a team has a hierarchical structure and that the running back isn't at the top of the hierarchy, or outside of it.

What this shows is the type of back Gase will want in the draft. I would rule out any RB who doesn't show well in the passing game...Sony Michel is a very good pass catcher and a nice blocker as well.

You still need a lead back, a run between the tackles type of back who can chew up clock and close a game with a lead type back. None on the roster at the moment.
no more lead one dimensional lead backs please.

In fairness, if you take away the 42 yard run (which had a gaping hole I could run through) Drake only averaged only 3.3 yards per carry. If you average Ajayi's 7 runs, not counting his 46 yard touchdown, he still averaged 4.4 yards per carry. We only rushed for 86 yards as a team as well...not sure how this means we're better without Ajayi, since our running backs were getting blown up one contacted (very little yards after initial contact) and the check downs are relatively irrelevant. We look the same. The only difference is we played one of the most incompetent defenses in the league. Wait till next week...YOIKES.

How is that "in fairness?" He got a 42 yard run! How do you take away what he earned and use the words "In Fairness?" lol...Unreal!

we need a kareem hunt

sure would be nice to get it with a 3rd round pick instead of get Kenyan drake's out of it

lead 3 down back

kareem hunt though can't pass protect or blitz pick up very well right now so there's still some give and take there

we need a kareem hunt

sure would be nice to get it with a 3rd round pick instead of get Kenyan drake's out of it

lead 3 down back

kareem hunt though can't pass protect or blitz pick up very well right now so there's still some give and take there

I'm not the biggest Drake fan. But I definitely saw some flashes there. Given enough reps, I could see him developing into a serviceable back.

That extra 5th round pick that they traded to the Saints for a guy that has yet to see the field would have been nice to have in the upcoming draft. The Dolphins definitely need to draft another RB. Drake and Williams are not 3 down backs. Kind of makes me angry to see how a well run team utilizes draft picks. The Eagles trade a 4th round pick for a guy who sees the field and contributes right away. The Dolphins trade a 5th round pick for a guy that has been inactive for 8 straight weeks. Just extremely frustrating rooting for this team.

Back
Top Bottom