Drake bringing that "Hotline Bling" to the running game... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake bringing that "Hotline Bling" to the running game...

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
We can blame whatever we want on the running game woes. We can blame the OL. We can blame the QB. We can blame the J-Train for various reasons. We can blame the coaches for the calls and schemes.

Who can't we blame? Drake.

He is proving that once he gets the touches he is able to make things happen. He now has the 2 longest runs of the season, 40 and 66 yards, and both of those came the last 2 weeks. He has the speed to be a breakaway threat (something we have been missing). He has the size to hold up on blocks. He has also shown he is very skilled in picking up the blitz and making the correct reads in protection.

I am excited to see what he does the rest of the season but we need to lose the RB by committee and commit to Drake. He has the potential to be something special, especially if the OL can ever get resolved.

Garbage time score. I don't normally like to pick and choose stats. But he never scores if the game was closer and Panthers were giving 100%. If you take that away, he had the same crappy game as Williams.

Garbage time score. I don't normally like to pick and choose stats. But he never scores if the game was closer and Panthers were giving 100%. If you take that away, he had the same crappy game as Williams.

I am not as hard on that score as you. Mid 3rd quarter, game was 31-14. Sure we know our offense ain't putting up 31, but that was a solid run, good block from Tunsil and good speed from Drake. No team wants to give up a 60 yard TD run.

Now the final Cutler TD was garbage time for sure.

I am not as hard on that score as you. Mid 3rd quarter, game was 31-14. Sure we know our offense ain't putting up 31, but that was a solid run, good block from Tunsil and good speed from Drake. No team wants to give up a 60 yard TD run.

Now the final Cutler TD was garbage time for sure.
It had a preseason game feel to it at that point , they were up 31-7 with about 4 or 5 minutes left, garbage time. Drake had a shitty game other than that.

Listen guys...I'm a Bama guy,..duh!!! Love..Drake.....He is a weapon,if he is used right....he needs about 10 to 15 touches a game..but a lot of those need to be passes,line him out at flanker,sweeps and a reverse every now and then...
Not your bellcow running back...

Last year he showed speed and his receiving ability. Last night he showed the pass protection abilities to be a three down back. I doubt that Gase makes him the starter next week, but last night was a definite step in the process of earning the right to be the starter.

eh he popped one where the panthers lost gap contain

was a nice open field cut inside though to split the defenders and walk in...shows his open field return skills

I won't take anything away from the kid. Was the right call for the defense they were playing. Tunsil had a nice block and Drake has the speed and he used it well on that play. He needs to get touches but he can't carry the load all by himself imo

Ozzy rules!!

Since Jay was traded, Drake has been playing his ass off. You can really tell he's gone full carpe diem. He's got what Landry had last season before he became jaded.

He got that second gear to the house , but I see him hurt if we use him like an every down back.... Give him 10 -12 touches a game at various line up positions , and you bring in a bellcow RB...next year to tote full time...

We can blame whatever we want on the running game woes. We can blame the OL. We can blame the QB. We can blame the J-Train for various reasons. We can blame the coaches for the calls and schemes.

Who can't we blame? Drake.

He is proving that once he gets the touches he is able to make things happen. He now has the 2 longest runs of the season, 40 and 66 yards, and both of those came the last 2 weeks. He has the speed to be a breakaway threat (something we have been missing). He has the size to hold up on blocks. He has also shown he is very skilled in picking up the blitz and making the correct reads in protection.

I am excited to see what he does the rest of the season but we need to lose the RB by committee and commit to Drake. He has the potential to be something special, especially if the OL can ever get resolved.

Bump, bump, bump

I have two concerns with Drake:

1. Can he stay healthy when he's running tough and blocking tough? He's a small guy with thin legs.

2. Can he secure the football? Fumbles have been an issue.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with what I've seen. He's playing with grit and toughness and he's got big play ability.

Solid game. Td run was a really nice make the first guy miss at the los

Too much tackled by the first man on contact though.

Something this team is missing

He broke tons of tackles early on. Second half he was taken down more often at initial contact (though barely).

Was an impressive game and he lays the wood better than I ever thought in pass pro.

Glad to see him get a full load.

Back
Top Bottom