"Dream Team" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dream Team"

Godzilla_89

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe it's just an example of the terrible sports journalism we have now but why is the national media trying to relate our free agent signings to the Eagle's "dream team?" I hate assuming bias against the Dolphins but it seems they are trying to build them up so they can criticize this team more harshly. This whole free agency champion thing has gotten old real quick and I feel as though the Dolphins are being portrayed as a team looking to buy a championship when our actions seem to show a team trying to fill needs and install a system (4 wide sets, better blitzing backers, etc.) I really hope our team keeps their mouths shut and puts in the work to win so these people have nothing to latch onto.

If anyone deserves that label it's the Chiefs. They're the ones who seem to be bringing in names for the sake of it.

It's really dumb to compare us to any sort of "dream team" word. Eagles went to the playoffs and looked pretty good before the "dream team" off season. We havent even made the playoffs. It's fair for them to say we are trying to win in march, but the dream team thing is stupid.

It has more to do with Miami Heat than it does with the Eagles. Also it is very poor journalism because in no way shape or form is the Dolphins trying to even remotely market their offseason in that fashion nor have they hinted it either.

It has more to do with Miami Heat than it does with the Eagles. Also it is very poor journalism because in no way shape or form is the Dolphins trying to even remotely market their offseason in that fashion nor have they hinted it either.

I feel its between both.

NFL fans are buying into the concept that purchasing overpriced FAs because you have cap room never works and is a sad attempt to cheat the system or something. This theory of FA failure is based on over paying big names or older vets. Opposite situation going on here. Also Vince Young called the eagles the "dream team", no one has even considered that here. Got some cap, ponied up some cash, got what we wanted.

Its about finally getting some direction in this organization. All the bad pick ups, contracts, and trades are pretty much gone. Now we have some cap room to work with and plenty of draft picks. It's finally our turn to change things.

People are saying its Ireland's last gasp, and while it may be, it worked out that we set up the cap room and draft picks for this time.

Halle Berry, Lucy Liu, Scarlett Johansson, Angelina Jolie & Stacey Dash...........that's my dream "team".

Its not like we went out and signed a bunch of old over the hill guys trying to join forces for one last hoorah. We upgraded at LB with younger, faster, hungrier players. Signed a couple WR in which we needed desperately and resigned some of our own. Comparing this to what the Eagles or Heat did is beyond ridiculous.

We are not throwing money at big names tryingvto collect superstars we are being selective and signing players for specific roles.

If we tried to build a dream team we would have signed Wallace Ellerbe Hartline Jennings and Cook...and we would be in serious cap hell.

Who cares what the press thinks. I guarantee many out there that hate us for whatever reason will find a way to criticize us no matter what we did. If we did nothing, they'd go after us for not doing anything. Have we heard the same comments about KC or Seattle? They've made a lot more and pretty expensive moves themselves. Just let it slide guys, haters gotta hate!

they are saying that because of miami heat... this is a totally different thing though, and screw them

One marquee name out of all the players they've signed is not a dream team. If the media portrays them as such it's further proof they're tools.

They just need something to write about. KC can take that label - we'll be busy making the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom