Drew Brees' future with the Saints beyond this season is "uncertain." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees' future with the Saints beyond this season is "uncertain."

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Drew Brees' future with the Saints beyond this season is "uncertain."

The Saints will not consider placing the franchise tag on Brees when he hits the market this offseason and according to Rapoport, the two sides have yet to discuss a contract extension. Another concern has been Brees' on-field performance, which the Saints feel has slipped this year. Brees has told people close to him that he'll only play for New Orleans. If that's the case and the Saints choose to move on, this could turn into a repeat of the Tony Romo situation in Dallas.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Nov 12 - 12:40 PM

Base on his performance this season and that Oline they have, the Saints would be crazy to let him hit the FA market.

Would he retire if the Saints let him hit free agency this year?

I’m not sure. I think there would be some appealing options for him that could offer him the chance of another ring. Personally I think the Saints should extend him, but as they showed on Sunday if they go run heavy with Ingram-Kamara all they need is a game manager.

Gase is planning on signing Cutler long term so forget about Brees.

Cutler won't sit behind Ryan. Especially if he does well down the stretch.
Who said anything about Cutler sitting behind Ryan? Cutler will start next year while Tannenbaum cuts Tannehill to save cap money.

Back
Top Bottom