Drew Rosenhaus hints Hartline is close to re-signing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Rosenhaus hints Hartline is close to re-signing?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Per Drew Rosenhaus on #SportsXtra Long, Smith, Bush, Fasano & Clemons (Rosenhaus Client) will test the open market.

Drew went on to leave Hartline for last and said " who knows " if Hartline will get to test the open market, with a big evil smile.

Check out Rosenhaus' evil smile when talking about Brian Hartline. I can almost see the horns, willing to bet a deal is close http://t.co/SRNwaRkqho

As long as its a reasonable contract! I really hope we can resign Clemons

Fingers crossed on Hartline. That would be two pieces addressed (Hartline and Starks), if it works out.

I would be huge for Ryan if we can re-sign his top target. No doubt a Wallace or Bowe or Jennings would be our #1 WR, but with Hartline with a yr of tanney passes already under his belt he
will give him a comfort zone early on.

I would like an upgrade over Hartline, but re-signing Hartline shows our hand on who we are targeting in FA to play on the opposite side, Mike Wallace. Because it sure as heck isn't going to make sense having Jennings as the compliment on the other side as they are basically the same type of player, the route runner/possession guy. Oh well, Wallace and Hartline should be ok. :)

Wallace, Hartline with Austin or Swope in the slot could be a devastating trio. All i want is evidence of some sort of cohesive plan, not like the **** we got shoveled in the offseason last year. Hartline is a start. Wish we could trade away Bess to open one of the WR slots. The guy has a reasonable skill set, I cant believe that some team wouldnt find him worth a late 4th or 5th. It'd be huge to have a speed guy in the slot.

But I think RT and Fartline have a good thing going honestly. They had great rapport right out of the gates this year, even with hartline missing the entire camp. Hartline is outstanding at the sideline deep outs and digs, and thats RT's favorite pass to throw (and is great at throwing). A nice security blanket for his sophmore season and beyond. The deep out and deep curls are what made Marino to Clayton and Marino to Duper so incredibly deadly, because their speed got them cushions to the point that the 18 yd out was almost a gimme play for Dan. Somehow, without comparable speed, Hartline engineers similar separation at the cut; great route runner.

I like Hartline at just around 5mil/yr. And, reallly, whats the point in arguing over a million or two dollars on a contract of someone who will help the team, and not the garbage money Ireland has tossed around in FA in the past?

Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Swope, Matthews would be a BAMF Group (C'mon Ireland lets do this)

I would like an upgrade over Hartline, but re-signing Hartline shows our hand on who we are targeting in FA to play on the opposite side, Mike Wallace. Because it sure as heck isn't going to make sense having Jennings as the compliment on the other side as they are basically the same type of player, the route runner/possession guy. Oh well, Wallace and Hartline should be ok. :)
And what if the target is Dwayne Bowe and we get the speedster in the draft?

Wallace, Hartline with Austin or Swope in the slot could be a devastating trio. All i want is evidence of some sort of cohesive plan, not like the **** we got shoveled in the offseason last year. Hartline is a start. Wish we could trade away Bess to open one of the WR slots. The guy has a reasonable skill set, I cant believe that some team wouldnt find him worth a late 4th or 5th.

If we trade Bess, he will go to New England just like Welker did... We love to trade our best players to division rivals...

Back
Top Bottom