Drew Rosenhaus hints Hartline is close to re-signing? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Rosenhaus hints Hartline is close to re-signing?

At 4 PM our options will be pretty clear. Wallace is going to be available. I hope Bowe and Jennings both hit the open market but think at least one, if not both of them will be franchised.

I really hope the 49ers let Goldson test FA. The man is a monster and would give us one of the best safety tandems in the NFL. Unfortunately it would still leave us with 0 CBs.

If this is true and hearing that Philbin has a heavy hand in the free agency an the draft process, it shows that Joe has a lot of confidence in what Hartline can add to his offense going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
they need to sign hartline great news on starks let long walk for the 11 mil he wants not worth it and sign agreat te and some corners and we will be set

Only like it if paired with an actual playmaker that can find the endzone in Mike Wallace.

If he's going to be our #1 WR again then next season isn't even worth watching.

Only like it if paired with an actual play-maker that can find the end zone in Mike Wallace.

If he's going to be our #1 WR again then next season isn't even worth watching.

Exactly - he is good mojo for Tanney -> he might even be explosive as a no.2 but he shouldn't receive the targets he does considering his aversion to the EZ

bring back Hartline as a #3 or #4 and PLEASE PLEASE bring back Clemons if we are unable to get an upgrade in FA

If we only resign Hartline, Clemons, and Fasano, I consider it a successful round of bringing our own guys back.

Smith - GTFO
Long - I'd bring him back but nowhere close to his demands

not amused if this guy gets more than 5M and thats HIGH...

Exactly - he is good mojo for Tanney -> he might even be explosive as a no.2 but he shouldn't receive the targets he does considering his aversion to the EZ

you go out and you get two wr in the draft, you have wasted

A-your money
B-your draft pick,

brining him back makes things look like the cluster F**** and we can save a ton of money by going using the rookie cap to bring in someone that can have similar number 2 numbers

Hartline- 800 yards 2 Touchdowns(and this number is me being VERY generous) looks a whole lot worse than Swope/Allen/Hunter- 800 and 2 touchdowns you know why? because anyone of those three can give you those types of numbers for FOUR MILLION LESS than Hartline

you resign him, you make this offseason look terrible already

I agree with only signing 1 FA wideout. It doesn't make sense to sign 2 when we can sign a big name a draft a guy to take Hartlines place.

you go out and you get two wr in the draft, you have wasted

A-your money
B-your draft pick,

brining him back makes things look like the cluster F**** and we can save a ton of money by going using the rookie cap to bring in someone that can have similar number 2 numbers

Hartline- 800 yards 2 Touchdowns(and this number is me being VERY generous) looks a whole lot worse than Swope/Allen/Hunter- 800 and 2 touchdowns you know why? because anyone of those three can give you those types of numbers for FOUR MILLION LESS than Hartline

you resign him, you make this offseason look terrible already

Resigning Hartline for anything over 3 million per means that you have GIVEN UP ON ABOVE AVERAGE PLAY at that position.

And when the GM gives up on anything other than mediocre play at skill positions, we get what we get the last few years.

THIS NFL IS ABOUT SKILL AND SPEED AT THE WR and TE POSITIONS. If you don't get that basic concept, you don't need to be GM. Period. This ain't Bill Parcells' NFL, folks.

And wow! How is it that Fin fans can easily admit mediocre play when it comes on a rival team, but cling to mediocre play like it's the last hope on earth when that mediocre player is on the Fin's roster?

lol. SMH.

LD

we need lots of depth

YOU DON"T PAY 5 MILLION for depth at WR.

You take that 5 million and get a playmaker WR -- at least someone that puts pressure on a D. Or you draft someone with more skill, for FAR less.

Using depth as an excuse to resign Hartline is just committing "greatness suicide."

LD

Let Hartline walk please. Get Wallace, leave Bess (he's still a real good slot receiver) and draft a receiver with one of our top 2 picks, then spend another later pick on one.

Mike Wallace/ Deandre Hopkins/ Bess/ Marquess Wilson/ Rishard Matthews sounds pretty sick to me.

Back
Top Bottom