Drops | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drops

robisok

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sopmething I was just thinking about. All the scouting reports for Tannehill out of college talked about how he was hurt with all the drops last year. We certainly have seen them this preseason. I also know that receivers talk about qbs throwing "catchable balls." Does anyone see anything technical about how Tannehill throws the ball that may be contributing to the drops? I know, bottom line, the receivers have to catch it no matter what. Just wondering if anyone who went ot camp, etc. has noticed anything.

Ken

Does anyone see anything technical about how Tannehill throws the ball that may be contributing to the drops?

Well, for one thing, he's prone to the mistake of throwing the ball to people not named Bess.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've seen, he throws a VERY catchable ball and IMO accuracy has not been a problem, at all.

Granted, Tanny has thrown some uncatchable balls here and there. But most of those "drops" are exactly that, balls that should have been caught, but were not. Not because of poor placement or an insufficiently rotating spiral (if that's even a thing) but because the receiver didn't do his, or her (looking at you Legadu) job.

I dont know if its just me but he really burns them in there, Moore and Devlin look like the dont have as much speed on the ball which might take some getting use too

He puts some zip on them and he leads his receiver into space, knowing where to place it to keep the WR in stride. A good WR will prefer this style. A poor WR will want it at 3/4 pace and in the breadbasket every time.

Guess which one we have?

technically, he keeps throwing the ball right at his receivers… that's a huge mistake… by all reports, these "clowns" like to make circus catches, so he should try throwing the ball towards the ground or out-of-bounds markers more often; see if that helps.

In other news… my head's gonna friggin explode!

I can't blame this on Tannehill at all, and here is why: they are dropping passes from Matt Moore, too! And I think we've all seen that one of Matt Moore's great strengths is putting touch on the ball.

We all agree that our receiving group sucks. Everyone who follows football knows it at this point. Why blame the QBs for them?

Well I've been all over the place talking about Fasano's hands and all of a sudden that ****er has a case of the drops. There is no excuse not to catch Tannehills ball, if that son of a bitch hits you in the hands, it should be caught.........no matter what!!!!!!!!

Catch the damn football!!!!

It's funny, but for the first time since Dan, the QB play has been the one bright spot on this team! I've been happy with Tannehill and Devlin's pre-season play, and Moore showed us last year that he can be at least reasonable. And Garrard was leading them all before his surgery. It's just, oh, every other position where we seem to have issues!

Fasano has already dropped his season allowed alotment in the preseason...preseason now. What are we talking about? Preseason? He is not catching them in a practice game.

If your safety valve has hands of steel wrapped in ace bandages you are officially screwed.

Fasano has already dropped his season allowed alotment in the preseason...preseason now. What are we talking about? Preseason? He is not catching them in a practice game.

If your safety valve has hands of steel wrapped in ace bandages you are officially screwed.

Fasano has dropped four or five passes in three years. So for him to be dropping passes in preseason is not good.

For any offense drop passes are killers to any momentum you're trying to gain.

Back
Top Bottom