Dumervil choosing between Broncos & Ravens NOT Fins & Osi to Atl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dumervil choosing between Broncos & Ravens NOT Fins & Osi to Atl

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football/

I'm not surprised & didn't really expect Fins to make a strong push for either, especially since they are in a holding pattern to solve the OT position. Although I was intrigued by Osi as a short tern answer. I think they believe in Vernon & Kaddu plus will look in draft in 1st or 2nd rd for another pass rusher.

The Fins should turn there attention to solutions on the offensive line and finding bargain deals laced with incentives to various vets.

John Abraham is still out there and really interests me. Freeney is washed up btw.

John Abraham is a former MANIMAL/LONG BEATER he is worth an incentive laced deal. Who wouldnt want to retire to the comforts of South Beach late in their career?

Waiting for the first poster(I have a very good idea who it will be) to reason that this is another obvious FAILED attempt by Ireland for not landing so and so prospect. 3..2...1!

Waiting for the first poster(I have a very good idea who it will be) to reason that this is another obvious FAILED attempt by Ireland for not landing so and so prospect. 3..2...1!

the only way I think you can bash him for not signing these guys is if they sign so cheap that there is no excuse. I would rather us not sign these guys just because we are not as close to a championship as other teams. I think there is plenty to bash a gm of a losing team of 4 years in a row but this damn sure wouldnt be the reason. I will be truthful I dont even want Dumerville. Osi might be an interesting signing but I would definately gof airly cheap with him, no more than 4 million at best and even then not sure. I do feel both of these players should try to get as good a value as possible esp Dumerville.

Yes and your right there's still more than 1..........

Didn't think it was going to happen anyways, we need cap flexibility to extend Jones, and then next offseason to extend Pouncey, and Pouncey is going to be expensive...

Having holdouts on the team is not healthy. Besides, other than the addition of a decent tackle, I think we're done here. Philbin is a build through the draft guy, he was forced to sign these players due to the massive cap space but I don't expect Ellerbe and Wheeler to ever see the full length of their contracts. In two-three years those two will be replaced by someone we have drafted.

The Falcons let Abraham go and their plans to replace him are with a less productive Osi for the same or more money than Abraham commands. I would definitely sign Abraham to a one year deal over Osi.

At this point, IF we do not sign Elvis, I think we are slow playing everything and building through the draft. I think Jeff would still like to carry over some cap to next year like he did this year. I do believe he will sign 1 more OL- possibly winston, or brandon moore. Whoever is cheaper. From here he is going to build through the draft. I would expect our picks to look like this:

1: CB or DE (Rhodes/Trufant or Ansah (spelling?). I believe CB
2a: DE or OL
2b: DE or OL
3a: DB or WR
3b: DB or WR
4: RB or DB
5a: BPA (from here on)

depending on money great low risk deal for Atlanta who needed to replace Abraham. I did not see it as a great deal for us because we have more depth on line. Would have much rather went for Bennet for us.

Are you feeling okay today?

the only way I think you can bash him for not signing these guys is if they sign so cheap that there is no excuse. I would rather us not sign these guys just because we are not as close to a championship as other teams. I think there is plenty to bash a gm of a losing team of 4 years in a row but this damn sure wouldnt be the reason. I will be truthful I dont even want Dumerville. Osi might be an interesting signing but I would definately gof airly cheap with him, no more than 4 million at best and even then not sure. I do feel both of these players should try to get as good a value as possible esp Dumerville.

Are you feeling okay today?

I dont bash Ireland for the hell of it I genuinely believe he has done a bad job in his 5 years here.
I always give my rationale and never just this guy sucks(no offense xpac)
If I liked a move it would not be in my nature to try to deny the truth and the same with agreeing with a non move.

I dont bash Ireland for the hell of it I genuinely believe he has done a bad job in his 5 years here.
I always give my rationale and never just this guy sucks(no offense xpac)
If I liked a move it would not be in my nature to try to deny the truth and the same with agreeing with a non move.

Well good sir, you have been mistaken for at least 5 years now. Judging GM's by wins and losses in the early years of their first gig is simply illogical especially if that gm is making more good than bad decisions along the way.

Back
Top Bottom