Dwight Freeney - UFA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwight Freeney - UFA

um...no...we need a big body across from JT. freeney is anything but.

JT will be back but Indy will put the tag on Freeny but it would be great to see him on the Dolphins.

I too think JT will return for another year. With that said certainly DE now becomes a serious need for Miami in the draft. Someone we can groom under Jason to replace him. JT has more than enough maturity to teach a replacement next season. At ninth we really could get the best player in the draft at either DT, DE, LB or CB. Depending on who is left the best player at at least one of these will be there at ninth. Sadly the offensive top players will be gone by the ninth pick. I hope you see my reasoning for picking defense first. All I can say is I hope offense is addressed in FA and in the other rounds.

um...no...we need a big body across from JT. freeney is anything but.

you are foolish .. who cares if he's a big body .. he's an animal .. go after him whether JT is there or not!! we need a quick guy to put pressure from the outside

NO.

all freeney does is run to the QB, horrible run stopper. i dont want to pay big bucks for a team just to run at him like the dolphins did

I too think JT will return for another year. With that said certainly DE now becomes a serious need for Miami in the draft. Someone we can groom under Jason to replace him. JT has more than enough maturity to teach a replacement next season. At ninth we really could get the best player in the draft at either DT, DE, LB or CB. Depending on who is left the best player at at least one of these will be there at ninth. Sadly the offensive top players will be gone by the ninth pick. I hope you see my reasoning for picking defense first. All I can say is I hope offense is addressed in FA and in the other rounds.
I am all for the trade down. There will be some team salivating over a player and tunnel-visioned over him... moving down 3 to 8 spots, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder, and shoot for Levi Brown or D. I wouldn't mind a defensive player in rd 1, then a couple rounds of WR, QB, or O line either... Anquan Boldin was a recent, great 2nd rd pick... Chad Johnson was 2nd rd too, if I remember right.

Freeney is easily one of the most overrated players in the league. Nice thought, but would rather spend the money elsewhere.

I say Miami goes after Quentin Moses he is a hybrid OLB and DE.

Freeney will either be resigned before FA or Franchised. He's also very overrated, he's horrible against the run.

Freeney IS OVERRATED. He DIDN'T have ONE full sack until the ninth game of his season this year.

No, he wasn't injured either. He just sucks.

Back
Top Bottom