Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag

Someone so eager for a trample, i figured youd enjoy the opp to slam dunk in my face.

I hope someone else will. Again, i have zero bias other than the trade up was a terrible decision.

I am of the opinion that Jordan is a luxury. Is he a luxury that can become a star? I think so. Do we need help and a better future betting on two 1s (if offered) and two 2s in this deep draft? I think so.

Edit: i mean two 1s = ours and philly's. Same with the 2s.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/4/...n-jordan-ireland-ross-reflect-on-trade-to-get

Here ya go

No attack, just a correction on considering the source, and taking a little time before posting. There are many "rumors" not reports, and they should be considered as such. Like trading Wallace, and signing Mack.

The source makes no difference but you are right that i should know the specifics if i want credibility.

Rumors can be considered. I remember a certain rumor mill that rumored on a coach going to alabama in where Phin fans blatantly laughed at (despite it specifying "rumor" mill).

I was already a fan of the site when they were low key and even helped with donations. And wouldnt you know it? Now major news networks quote them on a regular basis.

i like Jordan. I really do. I see him rocket off of that line. I know hes special or has, by far, the measures to be. But we needed an offensive lineman, South. Come on, the evidence is evident. 58 sacks, bro. 58.

Link please. I believe it but if you could provide a link id appreciate it- sincerely.

You have blatant bias for Jordan.

I have blatant bias for the Phins making an idiotic decision to trade up for a DE. In this scenario, im not even considering Jordan. It couldve been any DE with Jordan's talent. It was an atrocious decision. Ask the 58 sacks.

I think Jordan has the ability to be a star. But he is not a need on this team. And needs on a team 2 games short of the playoffs should be in the business of need and not luxury.

I have zero bias towards Jordan good nor bad. I dont like the pick and trade up.

I like Jordan. I dont think he is a need on this team. And mo one has the slightest clue on whether he will be a star- not you nor I.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Tks for the correction.

You are looking at the trade up for Jordan with 20/20 hindsight. Just because the Dolphins had a need on the offensive line, didn't mean they didn't also have a need at defensive end. When the Dolphins traded up for Jordan, there was a definite need for another pass rusher. At the time of last year's draft the only proven end on the team was Cam Wake. When opposing teams shut Wake down, the Dolphins generated minimal pressure from anywhere else. Vernon was unproven and declared a bust by many on this message board much like they declare Jordan a bust now. The Dolphins saw an opportunity to move up, at a very low cost, to get what they believed was one of the best players in the draft in a year that many said was a shallow draft class. The logic of what they did was sound. If you don't believe in the player (Jordan) then you are free to have your opinion, but I believe your criticism of the team's strategy is unfounded.

Last edited by a moderator:
This trade offer by Phlly is nothing more than them trying to dupe the Phins into a sucker deal. Graham played his college ball at Michigan and they know Ross has got his fingers in the mix.

If the Eagles want DJ, I'd bend them as repayment for the A.J. Feely fleecing.
2014 1st rd, 2015 1st rd, and 2015 3rd rd.

I appreciate it.

South, phinsiders. Side with phins. Have you heard there radio show? Have you ever heard them say, "that guy (any guy not trying to say Jordan) stunk it up this year"? They are not objective. They werent set up to be.

But seriously, thanks.

I gotta go. Dinner at family's.

The Phinsider is not the same as the Finsiders.

One of them is an SBNation site, the other is ran by the Dolphins.

What a foolish argument. You act like Philadelphia knew who Miami was targeting when they jumped ahead of them in the draft. When Miami jumped up to number three last year everyone thought it was for Lane Johnson, and I am sure Philadelphia thought the same thing, so why would they give up a third round pick to move up one spot when Miami only gave up a second round pick to move up nine spots. Especially when Philadelphia thought all along that Miami was not going to select Jordan. They were convinced they could stay right where they were and get the player they coveted. On top of all of that, Miami didn't even consummate the trade with Oakland until there was only about two minutes left on the clock so what could Philadelphia have done even if they figured out what Miami's intentions were? Chip Kelly's obvious disappointment after the draft and the constant buzz that he is still trying to acquire Jordan is proof of what I stated and that your statement was illogical.

Oakland did not only shop the trade to Miami. Chip Kelly said himself he would not trade a third rounder to move up one spot. We have no clue who Kelly actually targeted we can only speculate, so your argument is based on even less logic and assumption.
Of course Kelly would trade to get Jordan now because why not get a decent value player for a lower pick. Jordan is a bad third overall pick in my opinion but doesn't mean he doesn't have first round value.

If Defense does not win championships then how come the best offense in football and for that matter one of the best in NFL history are not Super Bowl Champs???????

If Defense does not win championships then how come the best offense in football and for that matter one of the best in NFL history are not Super Bowl Champs???????

Overall teams win championships.

Any other internet shills want to sign up for more screen names and "no thanks" me?

That's OK, it's STILL America and I STILL have a right to my opinion.

We have been a mediocrity for 15+ years because of reaching for defense and jordan is the poster child for it.

It got ireland fired and RIGHTFULLY so.

You are looking at the trade up for Jordan with 20/20 hindsight. Just because the Dolphins had a need on the offensive line, didn't mean they didn't also have a need at defensive end. When the Dolphins traded up for Jordan, there was a definite need for another pass rusher. At the time of last year's draft the only proven end on the team was Cam Wake. When opposing teams shut Wake down, the Dolphins generated minimal pressure from anywhere else. Vernon was unproven and declared a bust by many on this message board much like they declare Jordan a bust now. The Dolphins saw an opportunity to move up, at a very low cost, to get what they believed was one of the best players in the draft in a year that many said was a shallow draft class. The logic of what they did was sound. If you don't believe in the player (Jordan) then you are free to have your opinion, but I believe your criticism of the team's strategy is unfounded.

Hindsight, Rick? Brotherman, every one and their grandmothers knew we needed oline badly going into the draft.

See, thats the kind of rebuttal that makes my butt twitch and not in a good way. You guys will say anything, sensical be damned, to make an argument for trading up for Jordan.

And, have you read any of my posts? I believe Jordan can be a monster. I believe he has all of the measurables. But I believed in Chad Henne too. That comparison sucks because its only the same in regards to believing in a player because the Miami Dolphins, our passion, selected him. Hell, Ted Ginn? I was showing highlight reels of college returns to all friends of mine that werent Phin fans tellin them, "Eat it."

I believe we needed oline last year along as the rest of sensical fans, we were right.

And now, if Philly offers a #1 and #2, i believe that two 1s amd two 2s are better to have than Jordan- nothing less and probably a proposition of the sort may include even more.

The logic of what they did was nowhere near sound. Based on ceiling/metrics/measurables, the talent was sound. But it wasnt a need. And if we are going by that draft, every selection Ireland made was shaky at best. As it always has been, Of course, only time will tell.

But you guys are saying definite star accusing me of declaring bust when i have said nothing of the sort and others are whining bust when it applies to all of us: what the hell do you know?

What you do know, without doubt, the Phins needed oline. Is that speculation? A record breaking sacks taken not proof enough for you?

Hindsight. Thats a joke. EVERY person, fan, critic, sportscaster, guru, rival, hater was well aware that the Phins went into last years draft needing oline. You should be ashamed of yourself with that hindsight crap. Again, another example of blind bias at its finest.

You loved the excitement a dull olineman doesnt bring. Since your, " Alright Miami !" on draft day, you had already bought in to the new shiny toy. And despite the lack of a top 5 draft choice not being able to crack 1st team, your blind fervor outweighs a logical "we shall see" standpoint.

Fisher = starter
Joeckel = starter
Johnson = starter
Anash = starter

Going strictly from expectation taking account the above:

Jordan = bum

Star ability. I believe.

Two 1s and two 2s in a deep draft. We need.

I think Ireland burned the Raiduhs and I thought it was a gutsy move.. I believe it will pay off huge in the end..

But,,,,,If Chip Kelly wants to give up a 1st and a 2nd for DJ? bye bye Dion.....Omly a fool would pass that up.. Nobody is worth that....

It got ireland fired and RIGHTFULLY so.

Ah tellem to stick the thumb where the downtown is brown. If you feel it, speak on it. Dont make it logical, though. Passion after all is exactly that.

As to the above, no one can debate you there. Theyll retort that it was an accumulation of decisions but 2013 draft was the straw that told Ireland take a long walk off a short pier. Or as the bartender exclaims in Boondock Saints, "Make like a tree and get the f- out of here."

Back
Top Bottom