Eat Crow | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eat Crow

cuban_refugee

Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day
Club Member
Reaction score
The negativity and pessimism around here is ridiculous. This team has pieces in place to be great. Two losing seasons in a row.....so what! We are only 2yrs removed from winning the AFC east and having the least # of turnovers in the league. Sometimes it does take "churning" to get it just right in order to have a league leader for many years. Sparano will make it right....he just needs time and some right pieces in place. This step backward, I believe, is a positive. It hasn't been the smoothest ride, but I do feel that we will get back on track. Isn't it easier to root for your team, than against them? Anger doesn't solve anything.....but, hope and trust will get you in the mood for the next season.

we won the AFC east on a year Pennington should have gotten League MVP, no one outside of the ravens could stop the wildcat, and tom brady was hurt. Pennington will never play again, everyone can stop the wildcat, and tom brady isnt hurt, and oops, looky there, they won the AFC east and !!!7!!! more games than we did. Please remember that...

The reason for the pessimism

We just gave the coach we rightfully wanted to replace a raise and extension for losing almost every game at home and finishing below 500 2 years in a row.
We have a GM that hits on less than half of his top picks and in 3 years - 10 out of his 26 picks aren't even still on the team. I won't even bring up Pat White.
We are severally deficient at OL, TE, RB x 2, Kick Returner and most importantly QB.

We aren't close, our D is pretty good but our O and ST suck. We have no signature wins in the the 3 years of this regime and have not improved since 2008.

If we hire a better OC and draft some speed for the offense, we can challenge for the division next year. Nolan has the defense clicking and with the additions of Edds and Odrick, should be even better.
The assistant coaches are also crucial.
Hopefully Ross will pay the coaches well. We do not want to short change in this area.
It has been a bumpy ride, but I think it turned out ok.
Harbough was unproven in the NFL.

Must be Hopium your smoking.

Fact is the bozos now in charge, as the Brits say, couldn't manage a piss-up in a brewery.

Cuban Refugee -- You're right...anger doesn't solve anything. But neither does optimism. The only thing that will solve anything with the Dolphins is competency in their front office and coaching staff, something I doubt they have.

Be for real though, in 08 we had one of the weakest schedules in the league. We got waxed by the Ravens at home, who didn't even make the superbowl.

The reason for the pessimism

We just gave the coach we rightfully wanted to replace a raise and extension for losing almost every game at home and finishing below 500 2 years in a row.

We have a GM that hits on less than half of his top picks and in 3 years - 10 out of his 26 picks aren't even still on the team. I won't even bring up Pat White.

We are severally deficient at OL, TE, RB x 2, Kick Returner and most importantly QB.

We aren't close, our D is pretty good but our O and ST suck. We have no signature wins in the the 3 years of this regime and have not improved since 2008.

Brilliant. The only possible exception I have is that the first Dolphins win against the Jets on MNF of 2009 was close to a signature win. It gave us hope for a time. Interesting to note how frequently this regime does worse when we play a division rival the second time around.

Errr, so you want the dectractors of this regime in the fanbase (like me) to eat crow for being right? If you haven't noticed by now, wer'e completely ****ed.

Eat crow???? We haven't even had a winning season in three years! Until then, there's nothing to eat crow about.

We have some pieces in place, no doubt, but we need a bunch more on offense.

This is a tough division were in. NE is the best organization in football top to bottom, year in and year out. The way they dominate the draft every year is something we should be trying to emulate. How many times do you need to see the way NE works the draft? Why doesn't Ireland try to copy the draft methods of NE?

Eat crow for what? Saying Ross was a moron and he would bring this team down...no crow to eat buddy!!!

We have holes at EVERY SINGLE offensive position, our elite defensive coordinator wants out, we can't gameplan, we can't coach, meanwhile the Pats and Jets are two of the best teams in football. On top of all of this, we have little in the way of draft picks and free agents have no reason to want to come here. Wer'e ****ed for at least a few years.

Back
Top Bottom