Eat Crow! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eat Crow!

4evaFinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For all of the fans who I have argued with about...

1. Our offensive line
2. Our defense choking
3. Gus Frerotte
4. Marty Booker

EAT YOUR CROW! The offensive line was outstanding despite idiot penalties (something alot of conditioning will fix :evil:).

Our defense was clutch the whole time, goal-line stands, and a huge finish with the TD.

Gus Frerotte was a monster today. His numbers are pro-bowl material, and he moved around well. He was able to make terrific passes, and get the ball off when under pressure.

Marty Booker was easily a big player today.

On a side note... Chambers was in bounds on his TD reception, and he didn't step out of bounds on the reverse! Chambers also did not have pocession of the ball on hsi fumble earlier in the game. He played alot better than the numbers say.

I don't think I ever argued with you about it, but I have been on record as being somewhat down about the defense this year. I'm absolutely willing to eat my crow for that based upon today's performance. That was great D if you ask me. Denver couldn't run, and they couldn't pass. Thanks to the special teams play, they couldn't even advance their way down the field by exchanging punts with Miami.

Jimmy James said:
I don't think I ever argued with you about it, but I have been on record as being somewhat down about the defense this year. I'm absolutely willing to eat my crow for that based upon today's performance. That was great D if you ask me. Denver couldn't run, and they couldn't pass. Thanks to the special teams play, they couldn't even advance their way down the field by exchanging punts with Miami.

The playcalling was outstanding, and EVERYONE played great... I LOVED IT!

on the pass in the endzone the ball hit the ground - step out of bounds was questionable. The fumble was also ???

clear.gif

This is for me doubting Gus. Mm, crow. :D

I will take my crow a la carte....thank you!
I never had any doughts about our D. The O...thats a different story, I didnt think they would come out and play the way they did.
Kudos to Linehan..the play calling was masterful.

i have never seen the word "crow" written on the main page so many times in one day on here before.... ever.

:rofl3: I for one am stoked about this game and cant wait to prove the nay sayers wrong again week after week after week...... :rofl3:

I'm here to eat my "Gus sucks" crow. He still sucks, but I'm still eating crow. :crutch:

clear.gif

alb0bo said:
on the pass in the endzone the ball hit the ground - step out of bounds was questionable. The fumble was also ???

Your right ball bounced, on replay he definately stepped out a good inch or 2.

i haven't argued with you before but in good nature........The ball never hit the ground, he just didn't have posession of it until after he was out-of-bounds and he was definitely out of bounds on the reverse run....albeit his foot was actually on the line by about 2 inches...and the line judge who was 5 feet away saw it or else it probably would have slipped. And the fumble was not ??? :)

I will eat my crow and enjoy it

GUS played us like a fool all preseason. I think Lineahan and GUS set us up :lol:
I feel bad that I underestimated Linehan coaching and knowing what GUS brought to the game. If Gus can beat the JETS like this I will buy a jersey:D :goof:

It is what it was. The OL still has work to do. Gus is fine and I believe I have said that he only needs to connect. I think he answered that yesterday. Marty Booker I know is a good reciever, I was just waiting for the real games to begin. Booker showed me he has some break away speed. And last but not least, the defense I believe most everyone said it would be our strong suite.

With all due respect to the job Gus did last night, I'll reserve judgement at how is does throughout the year. Even Fiedler had outstanding one game performances. What we most saw yesterday was Linehan's brilliance and great execution. What we most saw yesterday was Linehan's brilliance and great execution.

I've never taken anything but a "wait and see" position about this QB situation but I still believe that we'll continue to see changes.

I really didn't think that we would win this game, saying that I will take my licks like a man. Our team really stepped up, especially the offense. I really think we caught Denver off guard.......coaching really made the difference in this game.

Back
Top Bottom