Eat Crow!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 4evaFinz, Sep 11, 2005.

1. 4evaFinz

4evaFinz Well-Known Member

For all of the fans who I have argued with about...

1. Our offensive line
    2. Our defense choking
    3. Gus Frerotte
    4. Marty Booker

EAT YOUR CROW! The offensive line was outstanding despite idiot penalties (something alot of conditioning will fix :evil:).

Our defense was clutch the whole time, goal-line stands, and a huge finish with the TD.

Gus Frerotte was a monster today. His numbers are pro-bowl material, and he moved around well. He was able to make terrific passes, and get the ball off when under pressure.

Marty Booker was easily a big player today.

On a side note... Chambers was in bounds on his TD reception, and he didn't step out of bounds on the reverse! Chambers also did not have pocession of the ball on hsi fumble earlier in the game. He played alot better than the numbers say.

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James You sit on a throne of lies!

I don't think I ever argued with you about it, but I have been on record as being somewhat down about the defense this year. I'm absolutely willing to eat my crow for that based upon today's performance. That was great D if you ask me. Denver couldn't run, and they couldn't pass. Thanks to the special teams play, they couldn't even advance their way down the field by exchanging punts with Miami.

3. 4evaFinz

4evaFinz Well-Known Member

The playcalling was outstanding, and EVERYONE played great... I LOVED IT!

4. alb0bo

alb0bo Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

on the pass in the endzone the ball hit the ground - step out of bounds was questionable. The fumble was also ???

5. Phinz4Life

Phinz4Life Hall Of Famer

[​IMG]

This is for me doubting Gus. Mm, crow. :D

6. PHINSfan

PHINSfan FinHeaven VIP

I will take my crow a la carte....thank you!
    I never had any doughts about our D. The O...thats a different story, I didnt think they would come out and play the way they did.
    Kudos to Linehan..the play calling was masterful.

7. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan Pro Bowl

i have never seen the word "crow" written on the main page so many times in one day on here before.... ever.

8. chrisinak

chrisinak Go Air Force

:rofl3: I for one am stoked about this game and cant wait to prove the nay sayers wrong again week after week after week...... :rofl3:

9. Mauler

Mauler Remember the Heroes!

I'm here to eat my "Gus sucks" crow. He still sucks, but I'm still eating crow. :crutch:

[​IMG]

10. eddie4fins

eddie4fins Pro Bowler

Your right ball bounced, on replay he definately stepped out a good inch or 2.

11. jbond

jbond Pro Bowler

i haven't argued with you before but in good nature........The ball never hit the ground, he just didn't have posession of it until after he was out-of-bounds and he was definitely out of bounds on the reverse run....albeit his foot was actually on the line by about 2 inches...and the line judge who was 5 feet away saw it or else it probably would have slipped. And the fumble was not ??? :)

12. Dolfndav34

Dolfndav34 FinHeaven VIP

I will eat my crow and enjoy it

GUS played us like a fool all preseason. I think Lineahan and GUS set us up :lol:
    I feel bad that I underestimated Linehan coaching and knowing what GUS brought to the game. If Gus can beat the JETS like this I will buy a jersey:D :goof:

13. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

It is what it was. The OL still has work to do. Gus is fine and I believe I have said that he only needs to connect. I think he answered that yesterday. Marty Booker I know is a good reciever, I was just waiting for the real games to begin. Booker showed me he has some break away speed. And last but not least, the defense I believe most everyone said it would be our strong suite.

14. Celtkin

Celtkin A True Fan

With all due respect to the job Gus did last night, I'll reserve judgement at how is does throughout the year. Even Fiedler had outstanding one game performances. What we most saw yesterday was Linehan's brilliance and great execution. What we most saw yesterday was Linehan's brilliance and great execution.

I've never taken anything but a "wait and see" position about this QB situation but I still believe that we'll continue to see changes.

15. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I really didn't think that we would win this game, saying that I will take my licks like a man. Our team really stepped up, especially the offense. I really think we caught Denver off guard.......coaching really made the difference in this game.

16. Shifty187

Shifty187 Seasoned Veteran

They looked great but its only 1 game!

I'll eat crow if we're .500 or better come week 5!

17. LarryFinFan

LarryFinFan Left So Fla, never the Fins...

OK, I'll admit I talked trash about our OL...but you know what, you are still looking at it thru aqua-colored glasses...

The run game was marginally better than some games last year. Yes, Denver has a stout run D, but there were no holes for the RBs. Whatever they got, they got on their own, until later in the game when the Denver D was exhausted. Gus had very little time and was rushed most of the time, again until the Denver D started to lose it's staying power...Don't get too carried away with the offense, it was marginally good...too many stupid mistakes and not enough time for the QBs or holes for the RBs...Denver is not one of the elite teams in the league....

On Gus, as I have been saying all along, he'll do fine for 3-4 starts and then start to tank it...He was throwing behind his recievers all day yesterday and is terrible throwing on the run...always overshoots his recievers on the run....

Gus is going to be trouble for us and unless the OL opens some holes for the RBs and gets him a little more time, it'll be sooner rather than later....

BTW, I was ecstatic about the win...the D was fantastic and the O did what it had to do, despite shooting itself in the foot thruout the first half....

18. finfan54

I will just add about the OL that I think what is happening to them is they have been learning the pass offense and less of the running game because Ronnie's late entry and such and Ricky's departure for 4 games and that they have been working on the passing game. I think it showed yesterday. Even that needs work though because the WR's are not in sinc with Gus on the snap count.

I believe once this group gets it together come game 5 with ricky back, then the running game will kick into high gear.

19. LarryFinFan

LarryFinFan Left So Fla, never the Fins...

I guess I can add one more thing, after reading the Denver post article...they didn't have their top CBs in the game after Bailey went down and they only dressed two RBs..(I don't understand that move at all) and Anderson was hurt early...BTW, he is the type of back that has given the Fins a hard time in the past, but was ineffective when he was in there early...So, how does Gus' performance really look ??

20. finfan54

Gus will do fine. He is just getting started. So he was a little behind his recievers. So what, there were other passes he was dead nuts on, such as CC's drop in the endzone, and Marty Bookers TD pass that was dropped right where it needed to be. Gus will win games for us as long as everyone else does their part.

21. finfan54

excuses. Gus was hitting recievers in the first half just as much as in the second. Its not Gus' fault that the broncos cant handle the Miami Heat.

22. fin-atic

fin-atic Are you a VIP? Finheaven VIP Donator

Dude, you are way premature. I don't know if you and I had any discussions about these points but I can tell you this:

1. OLine only allowed Brown 59 yards rushing on 22 attempts. That is not great.
    2. Gus had a good game. However, he did do most of his damage after the Denver secondary was decimated with injuries. By the third quarter they were playing the safety at corner and did not even have enough DBs to play nickle coverage. I am not taking away from Gus, I said he had a good game. But a little luck doesn't hurt!
    3. The D was stellar. No problems here with you thumping your chest about that one. I fyou said they were going to be awesome, then you were right.

Finally, it is one game in a very long season. I would be very careful because crow can be served both ways.