Ed Reed gives Miami’s defense a taste of what it’s missing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ed Reed gives Miami’s defense a taste of what it’s missing

hugoguzman

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/dolphins/13505

Still, none of these guys have really made game-changing plays their calling card. Even the aforementioned Bell, who has earned the respect of teammates and fans alike with his tenacity and consistent play, falls way short in the interception department, having bagged just one during his entire career.

Please take a moment to read the rest of this piece and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

I agree that we need a playmaking DB but we also need playmakers at every level of the defense. Aside from the last month of the season, Joey Porter was the only Dolphins defender that made plays on a consistent basis. Who knows, with a more consistent pass rush, the DBs may be more aggressive and create a few more big plays.

I agree that we need a playmaking DB but we also need playmakers at every level of the defense. Aside from the last month of the season, Joey Porter was the only Dolphins defender that made plays on a consistent basis. Who knows, with a more consistent pass rush, the DBs may be more aggressive and create a few more big plays.

Interesting point, though I would argue that our defensive line made their fair share of big plays down the stretch.

The pressure that the front 7 applies to the opposing Qb forces him to find a WR quickly and throw or be sacked, this allows Reed to read the QB easier and make big plays.
I'm not discounting the fact that Reed is excellent at what he does but QB's with no time are more likely to make bad decisions because they don't have time to read where the Safties are playing. That's also why so players are open (Fasano) and when you have no time to go through your progressions bad things happen or big plays happen like Cobbs on that first drive.

Great article. I totally agree. We really need an Ed Reed type at safety. Bell has been great, but he doesn't pick the ball off. He's outstanding in run support, and is always around the ball though. Hill is solid, but not a playmaker. Just imagine what we could do with a ball hawk, playmaking FS next to Bell.

Ed Reed gives EVERY NFL DEFENSE EXCEPT BALTIMORE a taste of what it is missing. He is a VERY special player.

Good read as always!

Great article. I totally agree. We really need an Ed Reed type at safety. Bell has been great, but he doesn't pick the ball off. He's outstanding in run support, and is always around the ball though. Hill is solid, but not a playmaker. Just imagine what we could do with a ball hawk, playmaking FS next to Bell.
Everytime I read comments like these about Bell, I always think about that Houston game when he failed to knocked the ball down/away from Andre Johnson on 4th & 10 in the last minute of the game.

Everytime I read comments like these about Bell, I always think about that Houston game when he failed to knocked the ball down/away from Andre Johnson on 4th & 10 in the last minute of the game.
Should've been knocked down, but wasn't. Bell also had an INT hit him right in the hands that game. As did Hill. Matter of fact, we dropped I think 5 picks that game. Heartbeaker.

it'd be sweet to have an Ed Reed type of player at our FS position,and maybe we can get one in this upcoming draft...great read Hugo...

Good read, Hugo. Play makers at FS and LB are a big part of the missing pieces for our D.

good article hugo, but everyone in the league needs an ed reed type safety, they just don't come around that often.

Great article, ed reed has been doing it for a long time. He is easily one of the top three defensive players in all of the NFL.

taylor mays....?

Back
Top Bottom