Eddie Moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie Moore

daywalker

Starter
Reaction score
I know Eddie is saying that he wants to make an impact this yr., but if you followed his career at UT, he had more than his share of injuries. Besides being undersized at his position(6'0",225lbs. but he does have enough ability to overcome this), he'll also have to get over the injury bug or he'll be just another wasted pick. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. You hit the nail right on the head! He does have the ability to overcome his size limitations if he can escape the injury bug. Great post. :up:

He'd better do something this year. I'm sick of draft busts. :cry:

Make it or break it

This is his last year if he doesnt produce, Ive been having flashbacks of Yatil Green, someone with talent who fizzled out, Wanny should of been smacked in the damn head by taking him in the 2nd rd anyhow, not a wise choice, he would of been available in the 4th rd possibly the 5th rd. Oh well. Lessons learned.:goof:

Dolfndav34 said:
Wanny should of been smacked in the damn head by taking him in the 2nd rd anyhow, not a wise choice, he would of been available in the 4th rd possibly the 5th rd. Oh well. Lessons learned.:goof:

The only lesson here to be learned is you should do more research before posting an opinion as fact.

I really hope this guy comes out and plays well this year. Even if it is only on third down and pass coverage (he is probably a better coverage LB than our other backers). I do think that is one of our weaker areas in coverage. Other teams have seemed to take advantage of our LB's when they are in coverage. So if he can contribute this year, that could really be one of the BIGGEST improvements on this D.

I'm not holding my breath...an LB who was injury prone in college is likely to be even more so in the NFL. I never liked this pick, we used a second rounder for an injury prone special teams and situational player?? thank God RS has final say on draft day now!

Finfan80 said:
I'm not holding my breath...an LB who was injury prone in college is likely to be even more so in the NFL. I never liked this pick, we used a second rounder for an injury prone special teams and situational player?? thank God RS has final say on draft day now!

Let's not blow this injury prone thing out of proportion. Eddie played in EVERY GAME (except final Bowl game) of his collegiate career. He started his last 25 games for Tennessee who is a respected LB factory for the NFL. Eddie was one of team captains in his senior year and played through his injuries while the Vols were stung with injuries in their LB corps.

Eddie decided to have surgery before the bowl game against Maryland so that he would be ready for the NFL draft. The Tennessee defense wilted in that game and was not the same without him. Eddie is a hitter. When you hit people you get hurt and they get hurt. That's football. His size fits our design as an athletic tackler with speed and cover skills.

Give Eddie a chance to prove himself in the Miami Dolphin uniform. He may surprise some of you that have a prejudicial bias against him.

Give Eddie a chance to prove himself in the Miami Dolphin uniform. He may surprise some of you that have a prejudicial bias against him.
I am going to give him a chance. I just really hope he turns out to be the difference maker on this team!

PhinstiGator said:
Eddie played in EVERY GAME (except final Bowl game) of his collegiate career. He started his last 25 games for Tennessee who is a respected LB factory for the NFL. Eddie was one of team captains in his senior year and played through his injuries while the Vols were stung with injuries in their LB corps.
This is how I remember him from college. It seemed like the whole team was getting hurt and he was the one that stayed in there and got the job done. You can't say this is his last chance before he's a bust either because he didn't get a chance last year. I just hope he heals all the way.

He looked good before he got injured. He was not worth a second rounder however. This guy would have most likely been there in the later rounds, and at the time, we didn't even need a LB, we had just added OLB J. Seau!!!....

I hope LB E. Moore proves himself, and does it fast. He's running out of time, and this will most likely be his last chance in Miami...

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

Finfan80 said:

Amen brother.

Back
Top Bottom