Egnew Ballin Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew Ballin Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

Heinegrabber

Since 84
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Michael Egnew - TE - Dolphins

Dolphins TE Michael Egnew was running with the starters in Tuesday's OTAs session.

Egnew was even briefly running ahead of Dustin Keller. Coach Joe Philbin said Egnew earned the reps "after a strong offseason." It's a good start for the 2012 third-rounder, but he still has lots of ground to make up coming off a lost rookie season. He's not a threat to Keller's No. 1 status.

He is despised here.... But he still has potential.

Plenty of good players have had awful rookie years. Maybe Egnew is a bust, a solid vet or an all pro... Its still too early to say, this season will say a lot though.

If he is a bust lets hope we somehow get finley... Who despite a crap rookie year is my favourite TE (see what I did there? Lol)

Glad to hear he is finally learning to compete. I guess Pop Warner, high school and college ball didn't provide him the opportunity to do so.

Coach thought it was April 1st!!!! Good one JP he has a real sense of humor.

People have the lowest of expectations for Egnew, so if he turns it around this year, some might consider it bonus.

He was a major disappointment last season, absolutely no denying that. He has a lot of ground to make up, but I never write a guy off after just one season. Soliai was considered a bust after his first three NFL seasons, now he is one of the better DTs in the league.

Egnew is soft. I do not see it. Would love to be really wrong though.

Egnew is soft. I do not see it. Would love to be really wrong though.

Is he? Why? Did you see this in a game? Which one? Or did you hear it from an anonomous source in a media article?

Egnew deserves plenty of criticism, this "soft" crap is BS until you can highlight examples from his preseason game tape.

This will be GREAT news if it stays true. I know it is just in shirts and shorts but he really needs to have a good start to start believing in himself. I went back lastnight and was watching some of his 2010 season. He looked like a different player when Gabbert was his QB. He actually was a pretty good blocker that year as well. Then in 2011 he was just terrible at everything, and that is the player we got last year. But his play in 2010 was pretty solid. He was their go to guy in the clutch, he played with confidence and they even had him blocking at the POA in crucial situations at times. He was really aggressive and blocked guys well after the play was past him. Then the next year all of that was gone.

Some players never have to work, they are just that much better than those around them. Then they get to a higher level and everyone is as good as they are and they have to learn how to get more out of their talents. It is a completely different world for them to have to fight for being the best rather than just walking on the field. Some decide to give up and just figure there are better things in the world to try. That is what I thought I saw on Hard Knocks, he looked like he just gave up. Some time between then and now he has decided he will give it a go. Only time will tell if he can turn it on and become a player. But at least now he has a shot. The NFL is 90% mental, he had to get his mind right before he could even find out if he might have what it takes.

Lets hope he gets off to an early start and he will get his confidence going, and we may end up with a player after all. He made me sick last year, but now I can't help but pull for him. He is a fin after all. I wish him all the best.

Sounds like philbin is trying to boost his confidence by getting some 1st reps. The next three months are going to be critical for egnew's career in miami.

He is soft when it comes to blocking, that's for sure. We all saw it on hardknocks.. But 2 full offseasons learning how to block hopefully should have him showing something this year.

This cracks me up. The guy has never seen any real playing action yet so many fans have such strong opinions about him. Right now it is OTAs and it means nothing.

Back
Top Bottom