Egnew Ballin Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew Ballin Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

He is soft. However, I think most continue to underestimate how the game and specifically the TE position is changing. This is not a two TE power football league anymore. How can some be so down on Egnew yet rejoice a Keller signing? Are their skillsets not similar? My point is the guy may have value in today's NFL. We will have our answer soon enough.

clay needs to stay healthy..im sure he learned the playbook

I've been saying this for months now. Egnew is the #1 dark horse on this team. We've been missing a dynamic player at the TE for a long time. If he can get the mental part down, he will extraordinary. His physical tools are fantastic evidenced by his combine numbers which were the best in his class. Maybe he's the reason why Ireland never traded back into the 1st round for Eiffert. Everyone knows the Dolphins need a dynamic TE especially in this offense. Dion Sims also intrigues me.

Now, if just one of those young guys can emerge at WR also (Binns, Fuller, Matthews), we could really have something here we haven't had in a very long time. A dynamic offense.

omg, he was drafted in the third round and didn't see the field last year!! how can he ever amount to anything?!? how??

Egnew was a non factor. He really didn't blow like Jonathan Martin did. Both guys need to step up this year.
Having Keller and an emerging Egnew would be great targets for RT.

Just imagine if both Egnew and Dion Sims turn out to be above-average TEs. We'd have our blocking and our receiving TE for the next 5 years at least. Like Fasano and Martin in 2008, just a whole lot better. How awesome would that be?!

A lot of players look great in OTAs but are completely different when it's full contact. I'll get excited if I see him do well in the preseason, but until then, he hasn't proven anything.

Just imagine if both Egnew and Dion Sims turn out to be above-average TEs. We'd have our blocking and our receiving TE for the next 5 years at least. Like Fasano and Martin in 2008, just a whole lot better. How awesome would that be?!
I remember that combo, it was beautiful to watch. Too bad Martin got hurt because they were
Looking real good. We can only hope egnew turns into a legit starting TE.

Is he? Why? Did you see this in a game? Which one? Or did you hear it from an anonomous source in a media article?

Egnew deserves plenty of criticism, this "soft" crap is BS until you can highlight examples from his preseason game tape.

1. Did you watch Hard Knocks? The kid was scared.
2. Did you see the criticism leveled at him by Incognito and Sherman during Knocks?
3. Did you forget this article? http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/01/growing-consensus-egnew-wont-make-it.html
4. That Egnew could not be active last year the majority of the time demonstrates not only a lack of knowledge of the position, but also the ability to "bang heads" inside.

yeah he's "ballin" alright...ha ha

wait for full contact in full pads...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom