Egnew update: Philbin seeing "progress" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew update: Philbin seeing "progress"

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
"He’s making progress. As you guys know, the system in Missouri was a little bit different. Obviously, he was a very productive college player and we’re hopeful that he can make the transition to the Miami Dolphin offense sooner as opposed to later. But we’re seeing development. He’s got to be able to play a little more inline. He didn’t do a whole lot of that at Missouri and he’s starting to get used to having his hand down in a three-point stance, being involved in pass protection and more involved in the run blocking than he’s ever been as well as the route running aspects of it. We’re seeing progress.”

I really hope Egnew can develop into a solid seem threat TE.

This coaching staff have worked wonders in the very short time they have been here, but I am not sure how much they have to work with in Egnew. I still am holding out hope, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are working with a lost cause with this guy.

"He’s making progress. As you guys know, the system in Missouri was a little bit different. Obviously, he was a very productive college player and we’re hopeful that he can make the transition to the Miami Dolphin offense sooner as opposed to later. But we’re seeing development. He’s got to be able to play a little more inline. He didn’t do a whole lot of that at Missouri and he’s starting to get used to having his hand down in a three-point stance, being involved in pass protection and more involved in the run blocking than he’s ever been as well as the route running aspects of it. We’re seeing progress.”

LOL at all the posters who say to cut him. It's called developing players people. And for the first time in years we have a coach who can do it. I am excited to see what a year under Philbin does for this guy.

I guess learning how to buckle up his chin-strap can be considered "progress" for Egnew

maybe they should let him do some of the things he did in college. After all, they drafted him based on that. I've seen video of him where he did real good in the red zone.

Ozzy rules!!

Just don't like tight ends who are "body catchers" rather than hands catchers.

That to go along with Egnew's many flaws both mentally and physically. That's not to say he can't make it in time and make a complete 180 by working hard (like Bess and Bush do) and busting his arse lifting weights. but I'm not holding out hope for him. I just think it would take a major miracle to see Egnew perform for us next year as Charles Clay performed last year with that kind of ability

And Clay is not showing much this year after those very nice flashes last season. The NFL is a very tough game to master. You can't have your guard down and rest on your laurels (as we witnessed last year when the Dolphins went 0-7 to start the season coming in out of shape)

"He’s making progress. As you guys know, the system in Missouri was a little bit different. Obviously, he was a very productive college player and we’re hopeful that he can make the transition to the Miami Dolphin offense sooner as opposed to later. But we’re seeing development. He’s got to be able to play a little more inline. He didn’t do a whole lot of that at Missouri and he’s starting to get used to having his hand down in a three-point stance, being involved in pass protection and more involved in the run blocking than he’s ever been as well as the route running toaspects of it. We’re seeing progress.”

He's a bust because you know he is the only third rounder in the history that took time to developed.

lol

Most people around here expect every draft pick to start right away or they're considered a bust.

Hell, for all we know this guy will never see the field. But FFS he's a third round draft pick. They don't always light the world on fire. Perspective, please.

I will never be able to think of Michael Egnew without hearing Dan Campbell's voice in my head saying "Freakin Egnew".

This coaching staff have worked wonders in the very short time they have been here, but I am not sure how much they have to work with in Egnew. I still am holding out hope, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are working with a lost cause with this guy.

I see no reason to be worried. He never blocked at Mizzou. He's probably just bulking up.

Not a lot, it´s about the only positive thing we´ve heard about this guy all year...I don´t expect much!!

don't expect anything this year from him. But next year it could be like having an extra draft pick if he is ready by then

Back
Top Bottom