Eifert/Ertz or Austin/Baily/ Swope!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by dolphinsbshaw72, Mar 18, 2013.

1. dolphinsbshaw72

dolphinsbshaw72 Well-Known Member

Of those five players If we came away with one of the TEs and anyone of those WRs I would do a damn back flip..lol If I had my choice it would be Austin in the first and Eifert or Ertz with our first 2nd rounder.. The rest of the draft would be DF And a little OL sprinkled in.. Thoughts????

2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

In my ideal senario in round two we would take Ertz and Swope.. that would be amazing

3. dolphinsbshaw72

i don't care where we take them.. as long as we get one of those combo's.. I am so excited for this draft.. Go Fins

4. aquaman54

aquaman54 Starter

Eifert for me...."STILL"!!! He would be our version of Gronk.I know that's a HUGE compliment,but TE's like him don't grow on trees.Yes,I know we need T/CB/DE,but if memory serves....we were solid on "D" for the most part.Its been forever,since we've had weapons at our disposal.Eifert/Keller would be nasty in the mold of Gronk/Hernandez.Just my opinion of course.

5. madridfinfan

madridfinfan Rookie

Eifert in first, Swope with 2A, bailey with 3A

WR: Wallace, hartline, Gibson, Swope, bailey, Matthews
    TE: Eifert, Keller, Clay, Eggnog

6. COMEBACKRICKY

COMEBACKRICKY Superbowl MVP

Forget WR in the first round. We can get Swope in the second. He is a fast dude, very hard worker and plays with a lot of passion. Im looking CB/DE then Swope then TE

7. Digital

Digital Starter

I'd be doing backflips if we managed to get Eifert and Swope ... but in my most greedy draft moments I also want Justin Hunter, muhahahahahaa!

8. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Bess is still on the team and i'm pretty sure he isn't going anywhere this year. Why would you take another receiver early in the draft and risk him being poached off the PS :ponder:

We're not carrying 7 receivers on the 53 man roster. Maybe we'll grab a few undrafted guys for camp and PS, but not seeing the point in taking a receiver when our guys are already set.

9. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

Why does everyone on this board have such a hard on for Swope.....

10. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

they watch him play.

11. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

I've watched him play....I've just never seen such a consensus between everyone on this board....unless they're saying "we suck". I just don't think he's all that. More of a 3rd rounder, you're not the only guy that owns a TV.

12. dolphinsbshaw72

Swope does have the production to back up a 2nd round grade!! Plus he knows the system and has chemistry with Tannehill.. Can someone post his stats.. plus the stats of the other top WRs in this years draft? Would be interesting to see how his stats stack up to the other top WRs..

13. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Swope in 2011: 89 receptions, 1207 yards, 11 TDs (6 100+ yard games)
    Swope in 2012: 72 receptions, 913 yards, 8 TDs (5 100+ yard games with Manziel at QB)

I understand what grush is saying. He's not that kind of guy that is a must have, like Tavon Austin, but he can do damage. People see the chemistry he had with Tannehill and the fact that he basically knows the offense as a plus. Not to mention he ran a 4.3 and we are possibly looking for Bess' replacement. If he's available in the 3rd we should definitely take him though.

14. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Well said. Swope is nice, but on tape he doesn't play with the same speed that Austin does. But he is tough and has chemistry with Tannehill. I think he makes it to R3.

15. dolphinsbshaw72

We will see.. just hoping we got two of these guys..

16. NUGap

NUGap Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is that everyone on this board is so focused on Ryan Swope and Tavon Austin. I just went through and counted, in the 21 days of March, there have been 11 new, individual threads created with "Swope" in that title, that's one every two days. In that same time, there have been 9 threads about Tavon Austin. The point by the poster you were responding to is there are other quality WRs in the second round than those two.

0 threads in March have been created about Quinton Patton or Terrance Williams. There is only minor discussion about Stedman Bailey, Williams, Patton, Wheaton or Hopkins. I guess the point is not why does everyone on the board like Swope so much, but why do they like Swope over all the other quality WRs in this draft?

17. dolphinsbshaw72

Because it is who we want to see them draft.. if they picked Bailey or any other Wr in that group I would still be happy.. But my two cents is for them drafting Austin or Swope with Eifert or Ertz..