ELIte Manning | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ELIte Manning

No turnovers. And he torched the 49ers on a 3rd and long.
in the 1st half, eli made some big plays. and while yes, he did make some big 3rd down throws, who cares, the drives ended in punts. guranteed if the qb behind center was some random dude named like john smith, people are saying how the defense and special teams were the main reason, but since his name is eli manning, he gets all the credit.

it really is facsinating how qbs in this day and age are credited with everything positive that happens. as much as i hate the jets, and everyone on here does, i can bet you that if the jets only td in the 2nd half the prolonged the game had come on a muffed punt that gave them the ball on the 25, and every other drive was a punt, and the jets won the game in the end, people would be saying how sanchez was lucky, the jets got lucky, won in spite of sanchez, etc, and they wouldnt be wrong, that prob would be the reason, but since eli manning is behind center, he gets credit for everything.

in the 2nd half yesterday the giants had 10 drives, including ot.

8 resulted in punts, with 5 plays or fewer in those drives, and the other 2 were set up by muffed punts that gave the giants the ball inside the 25 both times.

No TOs b/c the Giants recovered his fumble and b/c he threw into double coverage TWICE and SF DBs collided knocking the ball from each other.

Still no turnovers. Eli played really well under the circumstances yesterday..He was getting hit almost every down...Williams made 2 mistakes that hurt him big time..but that was apart of the game..Eli took care of the rock.

in the 1st half, eli made some big plays. and while yes, he did make some big 3rd down throws, who cares, the drives ended in punts. guranteed if the qb behind center was some random dude named like john smith, people are saying how the defense and special teams were the main reason, but since his name is eli manning, he gets all the credit.

it really is facsinating how qbs in this day and age are credited with everything positive that happens. as much as i hate the jets, and everyone on here does, i can bet you that if the jets only td in the 2nd half the prolonged the game had come on a muffed punt that gave them the ball on the 25, and every other drive was a punt, and the jets won the game in the end, people would be saying how sanchez was lucky, the jets got lucky, won in spite of sanchez, etc, and they wouldnt be wrong, that prob would be the reason, but since eli manning is behind center, he gets credit for everything.

in the 2nd half yesterday the giants had 10 drives, including ot.

8 resulted in punts, with 5 plays or fewer in those drives, and the other 2 were set up by muffed punts that gave the giants the ball inside the 25 both times.

They played a great d yesterday...They ate their punches and kept coming at them...part of being a great qb is having your ego in check..Eli had his in check yesterday. He took care of the rock in the 2nd half.... Giants D and speical both played well...but you have to give Eli credit..

Eli was gutty but not great and of course a QB will help his WRs look better if he is playing well but these WRs are excellent. Victor Cruz has been spectacular this year, Dbs cannot cover him.

They consistently have their teams at the top of their conference, Eli has not. Eli has had 2 really good runs(one w/ a 10-6 team, one w/ a 9-7 team) but hasn't even won a playoff game in his other 6 seasons. He's been shut out in the playoffs(at HOME), he missed the last 2 postseasons- how is he all of a sudden elite? b/c he led his 9-7 team on a nice 3 game run where his D has played lights out?

Since you like to ride Sanchez's jock about winning road games, I thought I heard a stat last night that Eli Manning has now won 5 road playoff games which is a record. I could be wrong. As far as I'm concerned, when comparing him to the other QBs you mentioned, they all have one Super Bowl win. Brees and the Saints lose at 7-9 Seattle last year? Is he not elite b/c of this? Rodgers and the Packers lose at home where they were undefeated all year to the Giants who in your words, went 9-7 and are in a weak division.

They played a great d yesterday...They ate their punches and kept coming at them...part of being a great qb is having your ego in check..Eli had his in check yesterday. He took care of the rock in the 2nd half.... Giants D and speical both played well...but you have to give Eli credit..

He had no TOs b/c TWICE SF DBs collided, that's not anything good that Eli did and if they don't blow the whistle way too early SF gets a fumble late and wins the game in regulation w/ a chip shot FG

Since you like to ride Sanchez's jock about winning road games, I thought I heard a stat last night that Eli Manning has now won 5 road playoff games which is a record. I could be wrong. As far as I'm concerned, when comparing him to the other QBs you mentioned, they all have one Super Bowl win. Brees and the Saints lose at 7-9 Seattle last year? Is he not elite b/c of this? Rodgers and the Packers lose at home where they were undefeated all year to the Giants who in your words, went 9-7 and are in a weak division.

Eli now has moved past sanchez for the all time record for road wins. I give Eli credit, he has played well, '07 and this year he has played very well in postseason but he's still not on a Rodgers or Brees level. Again, those guys have their teams in contention every year. IF Eli wins next week and if he keeps winning and keeps his team in contention then I'll change my mind.

So elite QBs never make errant passes? That's pretty hysterical of a claim

My reasoning for him not being elite is not b/c of the poor throws he made yesterday. That was about another poster crowing he didn't turn it over.

How the **** can Cruz carry the QB? The QB throws him the god damn ball

Let's see- 3rd and 10 on NYG 1 late in 1st half trailing Jets 7-3 while O has done nothing all game. Cruz takes 7-8 yd pass makes 2 guys miss and goes 99 yds for TD changing the game and the Giants season

The following week takes 6 yd pass and makes 2 guys miss then goes 74 yds for the TD then w/ Dallas having cut the once 3 TD deficit down to a TD and facing a 3rd & 7 Eli throws it up for grabs into double coverage and Cruz comes down w/ a 4 yd rec that made the game 24-14 and essentially ended the Cowboys hopes.

That's how.

I agree that the two are close...but I think Brees is the better QB right now. Over the past 5 years Brees has lead the league in the following categories:

Completions 3x's
Attempts 2x's
Completion % 3x's
Yards 2x's
TD's 3x's
TD% 2x's
YPG 3x's

During this same timeframe Brady has led the league in the following catagories:

Completion % 1x
Passing yards 1x
TD's 2x's
TD% 2x's
YPG 1x

All the while Brees has played in 8 playoff games with a 101 QBR while Brady has played in 10 games with an 84 QBR.

You have to take into account that Brady was out 1 whole season in that span (2008) and that Brady has played in the AFC where the defensive performance has been much better on average, Pitt, Baltimore, the Jets have all had top tier defenses compared to Brees who played some lesser defenses. The high flyer offense might belong to the NFC right now but the stout defense still resides on the AFC for the time being.

He had no TOs b/c TWICE SF DBs collided, that's not anything good that Eli did and if they don't blow the whistle way too early SF gets a fumble late and wins the game in regulation w/ a chip shot FG

What about the stat where last year Sanchez had 14 or so passes that were dropped by defenders? The number could be higher but I don't give enough of a **** to look it up. Defenders dropping passes happen

Eli now has moved past sanchez for the all time record for road wins. I give Eli credit, he has played well, '07 and this year he has played very well in postseason but he's still not on a Rodgers or Brees level. Again, those guys have their teams in contention every year. IF Eli wins next week and if he keeps winning and keeps his team in contention then I'll change my mind.

If he wins the Super Bowl he still isn't on the same level as Brees or Rodgers who each have one ring? That's asinine.

Let's see- 3rd and 10 on NYG 1 late in 1st half trailing Jets 7-3 while O has done nothing all game. Cruz takes 7-8 yd pass makes 2 guys miss and goes 99 yds for TD changing the game and the Giants season

The following week takes 6 yd pass and makes 2 guys miss then goes 74 yds for the TD then w/ Dallas having cut the once 3 TD deficit down to a TD and facing a 3rd & 7 Eli throws it up for grabs into double coverage and Cruz comes down w/ a 4 yd rec that made the game 24-14 and essentially ended the Cowboys hopes.

That's how.

Cruz's TD happened in the first half. The Jets easily could've come back and won that game. Manning still made those throws. QBs and WRs make each other what they are.

What about the stat where last year Sanchez had 14 or so passes that were dropped by defenders? The number could be higher but I don't give enough of a **** to look it up. Defenders dropping passes happen

There's a difference btw some silly, made, subjective stat of dropped passes and throwing TWICE into double coverage where the 2 defenders collided each time to knock the ball away from each other.

If he wins the Super Bowl he still isn't on the same level as Brees or Rodgers who each have one ring? That's asinine.

Maybe I will reconsider but to me he'll be this generation's Jim Plunkett- a good, not great QB. Brees and Rodgers never had a D like this or 2007 but I give Eli credit, it's hard to win this time of year and he is making plays to win though he wasn't great yesterday. The D's dominated for both teams.

The Cruz TD was a punch to the gt that our team couldn't overcome. It completely changed that game, Instead of being up 10-3 we were down 10-7, they also wiped a TD off the board on a BS call but the game changer was the 99 yd TD- that was a season changer for both.

Back
Top Bottom