Elvis Dumervil if Jake Long walks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis Dumervil if Jake Long walks

he will be back with denver. That team now has Manning and Welker. Woud you leave?

I don't see wake as being a problem as the article states. Guy seems like a stand up guy and went from making peanuts in the cfl to 33 million in 5 years...

I see him using a team to dictate his price with Denver....and we have played that part in the past.

I would love Elvis though.

Make adjustments that enable you to sign both Dumervil and Eric Winston. If you could do that I would think its a no brainer that you go with dumervil over Long.
But I agree that he immediately signs something with Denver

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero
The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports Elvis Dumervil's agent intends to call the Dolphins because the DE would like to play for Miami.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero
The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports Elvis Dumervil's agent intends to call the Dolphins because the DE would like to play for Miami.

Meh we will see. Depends on what happens with long.

If you want Dumerville accept pick 12 will be a LT

Dumervil and Wake would be unstoppable. But Long is holding things up right now. He needs to make a decision.

Meh we will see. Depends on what happens with long.

If you want Dumerville accept pick 12 will be a LT

I fully expect them to take the best CB available with the 12 pick unless they trade back. Shore up the DL with Elvis and our CB's will look better when the QB is forced to throw before he's ready.

he will be back with denver. That team now has Manning and Welker. Woud you leave?

Denver screwed him. Elvis made it very, very clear he didnt want to take a paycut. He dragged his feet through the entire process to the point of John Elway bemoaning the situation publically.

Then Elvis agrees to take a paycut and gets released anyways. Granted, it was due to a mistake. But dont be surprised if he takes it personally. Players are prideful, especially when it comes to their contracts, and he could preceive this as a slap in the face.

We should try and sign him no matter what. Ive advocated resigning Long, but good pass rusher are harder to find then good left tackles. If the choice came down to the two of them, Elvis would easily be my pick.

I cannot fathom the Dolphins selecting Dumervil over Long because it would upset their salary cap structure specifically as it relates to Wake. Remember Miami's Pro Bowl defensive end signed a five-year, $33.2 million contract with the Dolphins last year.

From a base salary of $615,000 in 2012 to a contract reportedly worth up to $49 million (we’ll break it all down once we get our eyes on the official details), Dolphins linebacker Cameron Wake has dramatically altered his financial situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...cts-means-hes-taking-things-to-another-level/

Linebacker Cameron Wake and the Miami Dolphins have agreed to a four-year contract extension, the team announced on Twitter on Sunday.

The deal is worth $49 million with $20 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7896565/cameron-wake-miami-dolphins-gets-49m-extension-source-says

Okay, where in the hell did Armando get his numbers? I mean, some of the contract is performance related. I get that. But 5 year $33 million? Did he just make that up off the top of his head?

Back
Top Bottom