Elvis Dumervil on joining Nolan in Miami "its a possibility" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis Dumervil on joining Nolan in Miami "its a possibility"

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Cutler didn't want to play for him, nolan didn't want to coach for him, other coaches left for other jobs, and now elvis seems to not want to play with mcdaniels either.

Denver Broncos outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil wasn't thrilled to see defensive coordinator Mike Nolan leave for the Miami Dolphins.

Dolfans would love for them to reunite in South Florida.

"It's a possibility," Dumervil said, "but we'll see what happens in Denver."

Dumervil would be an unrestricted free agent if the owners and players hammer out a new collective bargaining agreement by March 5. But an uncapped season seems inevitable, and in that case, Dumervil would be a restricted free agent because he wouldn’t have the required number of accrued seasons.

Dumervil led the NFL with 17 sacks in his lone season under Nolan.

"It was great playing with him," Dumervil said. "I only got to play with him one year, but I had fun, I probably had one of my best years. I felt I was productive throughout my career before Nolan, but being able to move to linebacker enhanced my durability and allowed me to be more effective down the stretch."

I asked if other Pro Bowlers have been in his ear, lobbying to get him interested in joining their teams.

"That would be tampering," Dumervil said. "I can't snitch on nobody."

Will the Broncos match any offer for Elvis Dumervil, or might he end up in Miami with Mike Nolan?
-- Everett, Phoenix
Everett - If it gets that far, I'm certain the Broncos will match any offer. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if a deal is worked out before the tender date of March 5.

Besides the fact Dumervil is the league's best pass rusher, McDaniels needs him for his locker room. Publicly and privately, Dumervil is complimentary of McDaniels, just as he was with Shanahan. Dumervil is the type of guy who respects authority. He's McDaniels' kind of guy.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14314460?source=rss

This is something I've been curious about. I could see it more likely that we trade for this guy than others like Boldin, or the likely-franchised NTs like Wilfork, Hampton or Franklin.

If DEN uses the franchise tag on Brandon Marshall to get a 1st and 3rd for him (which I think they would), then the most they could tender for Elvis would be the 2nd round tender, right?

If that's the case, we could try to sign him away at the cost of the 2nd but they might match.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us offer them a better package like maybe...

Our 2nd, Ginn (they'll need WR "help" :chuckle:) and maybe Porter (to replace the edge rushing loss) for Elvis.

If we could get that deal done, it would be interesting b/c we probably draft a OLB/pass rusher with that 2nd rounder anyway and getting Elvis instead would eliminate the chance of the unknown in a rookie.

Something like....

Our 2nd, Ginn and Porter to DEN for: OLB Elvis Dumervil

Pick 1.12 used to draft: NT Dan Williams

A conditional 2011 3rd/2nd for: WR Anquan Boldin

Our 2010 3rd round pick for: FS Nate Allen

Our 2010 4th round pick for: ILB Sean Lee

Our big FA $ for: ILB Karlos Dansby and TE Ben Watson

Now that mock offseason would be pretty sweet!:woot:

Something like....

Our 2nd, Ginn and Porter to DEN for: OLB Elvis Dumervil

Pick 1.12 used to draft: NT Dan Williams

A conditional 2011 3rd/2nd for: WR Anquan Boldin

Our 2010 3rd round pick for: FS Nate Allen

Our 2010 4th round pick for: ILB Sean Lee

Our big FA $ for: ILB Karlos Dansby and TE Ben Watson

Now that mock offseason would be pretty sweet!:woot:

No way in hell the Phins trade 3 picks this year for 3 different people

No way in hell the Phins trade 3 picks this year for 3 different people

Where did you get that idea?

I had us trading our 2010 2nd rounder (plus Ginn and Porter) for Dumervil.

And then trading a 2011 conditional 3rd (which could become a 2nd based on conditions let's say like reaching 1,000 yards receiving) for Anquan Boldin.

Please read that post again.

That's only 1 2010 pick and 1 2011 pick for Dumervil and Boldin.

That would be a STEAL!

Dumervil might be from Miami,but i don't know if our FO would bring him in due to his size...5'11''..248 lb OLB might be a bit too small for them...

Dumervil might be from Miami,but i don't know if our FO would bring him in due to his size...5'11''..248 lb OLB might be a bit too small for them...

But Dumervil is the exception when it comes to size. Remember, he played last year at his size in Nolan's 3-4 defense as an OLB and he racked up ridiculous sack numbers.

Dumervil plays a lot bigger than he measures.

Tuna would probably love getting a pass rushing demon like Dumervil.

It's funny - I still remember when that piece of garbage Marcus Vick (nice family those Vicks are, right?) stomped on Dumervil's head in a bowl game. I'm glad to see that bum Marcus is out of the league while Dumervil is making millions. Too bad the league let that piece of trash Mike Vick back in.

Anyway, I'll be keeping a close eye on the Dumervil situation.

Dumerville was HORRENDOUS against the run, dont need JOEY 2.0 if not worse.

Put wake there and JT, draft a SOLB.

Dumerville was HORRENDOUS against the run, dont need JOEY 2.0 if not worse.

Put wake there and JT, draft a SOLB.

Like Brandon Graham at 1.12? Yeah, that might be easier/cheaper and more effective.

I am 100% for Graham.

Right now:

Graham
Thomas
McClain
Bryant
Spiller
Williams should be considered for 1.12

I am 100% for Graham.

Right now:

Graham
Thomas
McClain
Bryant
Spiller
Williams should be considered for 1.12

I like all those guys too. I expect that McClain and Dez will be gone.

Spiller will be considered a luxury b/c I'm afraid they won't trade Ronnie (although I think they should).

Dan Williams could be the pick b/c I doubt we land one of the premier NTs - (Wilfork, Hampton, Franklin) b/c they'll all be franchised or signed long term - but in the end, I think Tuna goes back to his bread-and-butter and drafts his next great LB in Brandon Graham.

I say dan but dont see it bc they don't go NT orund 1, they go NT late round bc a NT in the late round can do what a NT in the ealry RD can, bust for less money, succeed for lses money and what it takes to succeed is to hold double teams consistently.

I could see something like...

Draft

1.) Brandon Graham OLB
2.) Demaryius Thomas WR
3.) Cam Thomas NT
4.) EJ Edds ILB

FA

Karlos Dansby ILB (I think we finally get a prized FA this year)
Ben Watson TE

Phins Re-Signed

Jason Ferguson NT
Jason Taylor OLB
Davone Bess WR
Anthony Fasano TE

Phins Cut/Traded

Joey Porter (6th rounder)
Ted Ginn, Jr. (2011 undisclosed)
Gibril Wilson (cut)

Having Ben Watson and Anthony Fasano would give us a buffer if our young WRs (Demaryius, Hartline, Bess) struggled. Basically, Ben Watson could be a "weapon1" if Demaryius doesn't deliver as a WR1.

Back
Top Bottom