Elvis Dumerville | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis Dumerville

I hope so! If it was my call I would pull the trigger on him. Backload his contract to leave room for Long and fill the rest of our "holes"in FA

I think he'll end up working out a restructure with Denver. But he would be a major get if he hits the market. Wake and him as bookends? Nasty.

I would flip out for Dumervil. Are we going to try and sign him? No idea, we havent really looked into any of the available pass rushers. Should we try and sign him? Absolutely.

And hes going to be released. Broncos cant afford his contract and, despite his public comments, hes dug in. Elway spoke out about it just this morning and they have until 4pm est to decide. Hes gone.

I would flip out for Dumervil. Are we going to try and sign him? No idea, we havent really looked into any of the available pass rushers. Should we try and sign him? Absolutely.

And hes going to be released. Broncos cant afford his contract and, despite his public comments, hes dug in. Elway spoke out about it just this morning and they have until 4pm est to decide. Hes gone.

would love him too. Wonder if we are waiting to see how it pans out in Denver before we tie up anymore big money deals

If cut it is expected to happen in 12 minutes, by 1:59........

I would like this more than the Wallace signing. He would have a huge impact on this defense

Broncos released him because his agent didnt send the fax agreeing to the reworked contract in time. But, I don't think we can afford the guy.

Most general managers were saying he was too small when Denver signed him. Yeah, he was too small all right. I pull for the underdog and think outside the box. Denver now has amost 5 million aginst them on their cap. They are in a weak position to re-sign him. What a mistake.

I am listening to the Dave Logan show on the Bronco's flagship station in Denver (850 KOA)...Dave Logan is the Bronco's play-by-play guy and a former Cleveland Brown wide receiver. Apparently the Broncos sent the agreed upon contract to Elvis Dumervil's agent (Marty Magid) at eight minutes until 2 PM....here in Colorado....just before the 2 PM deadline, and the agent didn't have time to get Dumervil's signature on the deal and back to the NFL until seven minutes past the deadline. There is also speculation that the Patriots, or another team, may have upped the $8 million/season offer that the Broncos made to Dumervil, and the agent may have intentionally faxed the contract in late so Dumervil could become a free agent. Interesting.

Blame it on the fax machine, I don't think he's going to re-sign with the Broncos.

I wouldnt either. Look at Mannings salary. Being a vet on that team and being asked to take such a significant pay cut, I'd bounce too.

Back
Top Bottom