Elvis wants to play for Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis wants to play for Miami

Get Dumervil now and let Long sit on his offer. We can always draft a good Tackle this year or sign Winston. Cut Patterson and Binns if need be for the cap space. There are plenty of good corners in the draft but I would like to sign a cheap FA CB as well. Hopefully the money works out???

IF Miami mans up and shows some guts by signing him. It's going to be fun watching that defense on Sundays!!! Dumervil is EXACTLY what the Doctor ordered. He has alot of incentive to want to come back home to Florida. I hope it happens!!!

Wake and dumervil would be a QB nightmare....and sell a few more tickets...are you listening Mr Ross? We can cut some of the marginal and mediocre players to get this stud... make this happen.

We can cut Carpenter and draft hopkins to save enough money. We can also cut Daniel thomas and draft gacy at #12. there are many ways to get this done.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

that defense would be outstanding...:brewskis:

I forgot about cutting Carpenter. If we cut caprenter and patterson we should be able to sign both Elvis and Long

If they both took team friendly deals I suppose if you restructure Starks and cut some Cbs or maybe Bess you could sign Long and Dumervile.

I imagine thats a big if though, youd need them both to play for 7

How do you restructure the franchise tag? lol

But if he wants 9 mill, no thanks. Take a look at what the younger guys are getting who actually had good years last year, he deserves within that ballpark

How do you restructure the franchise tag? lol

But if he wants 9 mill, no thanks. Take a look at what the younger guys are getting who actually had good years last year, he deserves within that ballpark

Because we can sign him long term for less then 9 we are locked into the 9m figure for a while yet

I bet Coyle has been salivating over this!

I'm not sure how the cap situation would work but in my opinion, I am willing to part ways with Soliai to bring in Elvis. I mean the guy is on the final year of his contract, going to make 5.7 million. We can play a lineup of Wake, Starks, Odrick and Elvis. Won't be a popular opinion but I think that lineup is too dangerous to pass up.

I've always admired Dumervil, because he excelled inspite of his size. He's been successful at both ROLB and RDE and would fit in well with Coyles Hybrid Schemes. He's from South Florida and may be willing to take a little less due to the no state income tax situation in Florida.

Can you imagine what him and Wake will do to the QBs in this league??? It's been awhile since we've had 2 double-digit sack artists on this team. We need an elite Pass rusher more than we need an average, aging, injury-prone, Tackle!!!

Wanna give Wake IMMEDIATE help and draft a mid-round PR DE to develop? Sign Dumervil Jeff and that's what can happen.

I'm not sure how the cap situation would work but in my opinion, I am willing to part ways with Soliai to bring in Elvis. I mean the guy is on the final year of his contract, going to make 5.7 million. We can play a lineup of Wake, Starks, Odrick and Elvis. Won't be a popular opinion but I think that lineup is too dangerous to pass up.

It's possible to extend Soliai and get a long term deal done with Starks to gain cap money. But the more likely scenario would be to cut Patterson, Carpenter and Marshall, which would free up about $8M-$10M additional dollars.

Back
Top Bottom