Elvis wants to play for Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis wants to play for Miami

I thought Elvis had left the building and was already locked up for the forseeable future

Would love him here but sounds like a ploy to drive Denvers price up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

I thought Elvis had left the building and was already locked up for the forseeable future

No his agent didn't get the contract signed and faxed in time so he became a free agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero
The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports Elvis Dumervil's agent intends to call the Dolphins because the DE would like to play for Miami.

I think he would be an upgrade over Dwight Freeney as he is younger...also younger than John Abraham. Bring him home....as long as he is not wanting over $8 million a year...maybe if he gives Miami a hometown discount.

Would love him here but sounds like a ploy to drive Denvers price up.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

No his agent didn't get the contact signed and faxed in time so he became a free agent.

Sweet...& Thanks...Working today so I was behind on the news

This would be great, but we are way too content on waiting for Jake Long to make up his damn mind. You know Long is going to eat up the rest of our cap space if we sign him. The option is either Long, Winston, Dumervil, or signing 2 more cheap FA's to fill up some holes. I don't think we are aggressive enough to just neglect our O-line problems heading into the draft.

Why does everyone think he will be that pricey? Hasn't anyone looked at the deals be given out?

Just a quick thought. I think adding Dumervil would be huge for the pass rusher. He's not great against the run, but we could still have Odrick play some DE on 1st and some 2nd downs. Or Vernon as well. Anyways, one of the key ways to beating good teams is having a consistent and strong pass rush. Wake and Dumervil would go a long ways towards that...then could you imagine if Jarvis Jones were to fall to 12? Ill stop salivating now...

Just a quick thought. I think adding Dumervil would be huge for the pass rusher. He's not great against the run, but we could still have Odrick play some DE on 1st and some 2nd downs. Or Vernon as well. Anyways, one of the key ways to beating good teams is having a consistent and strong pass rush. Wake and Dumervil would go a long ways towards that...then could you imagine if Jarvis Jones were to fall to 12? Ill stop salivating now...
I have seen a few mock drafts with Jarvis Jones falling into the 15-20 range, mainly because of a neck problem I think. I still think its a no brainier that we will draft a CB in the first round, we have only shown interest in Grimes so far, and have other guys on the radar as well... essentially no good corners at the moment. I would love to take Jones or Austin in the first though, but CB is the glaring hole on the team right now.... it can be helped if we pressure the QB.

Back
Top Bottom