Ernest Wilford moving up Depth chart | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ernest Wilford moving up Depth chart

Hopefully, but maybe they're just trying to not look so bad
I highly doubt that the reason for him moving up has anything to do with "them looking bad"
He's a big target and as I said in another post here we could really use him in the red zone. I mean, we COULD be sitting at 2-1 if Penny threw that fade(?)
route to him instead of a very under sized Ted Ginn.
Just my opinion.

I highly doubt that the reason for him moving up has anything to do with "them looking bad"
He's a big target and as I said in another post here we could relly use him in the red zone. I mean, we COULD be sitting at 2-1 if Penny threw that fade(?)
Just my opinion.
Agree completely, but he could still see the field being the #4 receiver. He hasnt been better than Bess at all

Maybe he is responding to be called out by Ireland. If he does not show them something he is gone.

He's a big target and as I said in another post here we could relly use him in the red zone. I mean, we COULD be sitting at 2-1 if Penny threw that fade(?)
Just my opinion.

he COULD have just have easily dropped the pass or have not been in position as well. I think if Wilford was as good in the redzone as we wish he was then he woulda been a starter day one.

he COULD have just have easily dropped the pass or have not been in position as well. I think if Wilford was as good in the redzone as we wish he was then he woulda been a starter day one.
That's cool, that's your thoughts. Mine are he's slow and might be a horrible route runner? I don't know. I like his size and think he could be a monster in the red zone when everyone is worried about Anthony Fasano.
Here is what one web site said about him.

Ernest Wilford is a former fourth round pick by the Jaguars who had over-achieved in his first two seasons, before taking a step back in '06. Wilford tends to have a flare for the dramatic, as he has 11 touchdowns in his young career, and he can catch the ball in traffic.

Strengths:
Ernest Wilford adjusts to the ball in air very well. He's not afraid of contact, and can lull defenses to sleep and make some big plays.

Weaknesses:
Wilford is slow, and has had a big problem with drops. Wilford doesn't get open quickly

Best case/Worst case scenarios:
Wilford can be a solid possession receiver in'06 as well as a nice red zone target. Worst case scenario for Wilford is that he doesn't progress at all from last season and he doesn't make the final 53-man roster.

But we all have opinions and are entitled to them for the fins sake let's hope I'm right:up:

Finally, he's showing progress. Hopefully he can take over the # 2 spot and move hagan down the depth chart

Finally, he's showing progress. Hopefully he can take over the # 2 spot and move Hagan down the depth chart
What a serious disappointment aka "Bust" Hagan has been. Coming out of Arizona State at 6' 2 over 200 lbs I had high hopes, but I've already (ya shame on me) ran out of patients with him! Hopefully I'm wrong and he turns out to be the next Nat Moore, but it's not likely.

With him and that new TE we should have plenty of red zone targets.

good sign. I hope it was just a matter of him getting familiar with the playbook.

wilford = bum. i used to watch jags games too, they didn't have a problem letting him go.

Back
Top Bottom