Ernesto & Thursday night ??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ernesto & Thursday night ???

Whitner20 said:
Is the stadium at risk to be hit by the storm?

What precautions are taken with that badass new scorebaord you've built?

Hurricane proof.:cooldude:

I doubt they'll move it back, as it is there isn't very much time between the last preseason game and the first REAL NFL game.

:dolphins:

tcdrover said:
I doubt they'll move it back, as it is there isn't very much time between the last preseason game and the first REAL NFL game.

:dolphins:

Well there is an extra week right ? 1st game isn't until Sept 7th right ? I hope that it just stays pretty weak and doesn't regenerate. I'm really tired of all these hurricanes.

*** SIGH ***
Sometimes I have to wonder about the real ages of some posters on this board.

The last preseason game generally has the starting units just put in brief appearances before the games are turned over to the second/third/fourth stringers, especially those "on the bubble". The coaches use this game to get a final look at the younger players to decide whom to cut/whom to put on the practice squad/ etc.

For all the cries here of "It's only preseason!" or "Preseason doesn't count!", it seems that a lot of posters don't understand the purpose of preseason -- to evaluate talent in game situations!

illscriptures said:
I hope I have lights to watch the game... oh and cable.

Dude i was proactive and I already called DirecTV. I have an appointment to adjust my dish for Thursday afternoon between 1-5 pm. I have my generator and I am set. Plug it in and sit back with a cold one.

Bandit said:
*** SIGH ***

The last preseason game generally has the starting units just put in brief appearances before the games are turned over to the second/third/fourth stringers, especially those "on the bubble". The coaches use this game to get a final look at the younger players to decide whom to cut/whom to put on the practice squad/ etc.

For all the cries here of "It's only preseason!" or "Preseason doesn't count!", it seems that a lot of posters don't understand the purpose of preseason -- to evaluate talent in game situations!

By now most coaches already know who they are going to cut. I have seen players have great final preseason games and yet still get cut.

My 'Final Preaseaon game is a complete waste' comes from 15 years of actually paying attention to the preseason and the games.

I am willing to bet that at most 3 players a year make any team due to their final preseason game. (the number would be higher if I allowed final preseason game injury to count)

Bandit said:
*** SIGH ***

I'm with you bro, preseason games are important adn very valuable to the coaches.

Whitner20 said:
Is the stadium at risk to be hit by the storm?

What precautions are taken with that badass new scorebaord you've built?

The scoreboards are no bigger than the old ones. They used the same frames.

They withstood previous hurricanes, they will survives this one.

Hope they move it to St. Louis, Saban & his coaches need the game time experience to make their final cuts. And who cares if we win it or not?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Too bad they can't just cancel it.

How do you know they won't cancel it? It is not like it has any real meaning or impact on the season. All they have to do is refund the tickets to the fans. Doubt that will happen but you never know.

Beachbum said:
Any word about what happens if power is disrupted because of the storm ? Will the game be moved to Friday or Saturday perhaps ? Or out of town ?

Ernesto will be gone by then.

If you followed the past unless the winds are exceeding TS nothing will be moved.

We played in the aftermath of Frances with a curfew, against Pittsburgh with the outer bands of Jeanne splashing us (2004) and in 2005 it was Katrina vs Tampa.
I remeber a game against the Panthers as well.

One game was moved. Vs Chicago, don't know what year. They put us on Monday night.

Unless the Hurricane sits on top of us we will be playing.

Back
Top Bottom