ESPN article that makes me want Wallace that much more | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN article that makes me want Wallace that much more

insomnia411

The world is yours
Reaction score
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8998377&src=desktopFor those of you without ESPN insider, KC Joyner basically breaks down how Wallace was probably the best receiver in football in 2010 and the first half of 2011 before Roethlisberger was hurt every game and before Pittsburgh's o-line was God awful. Signing Wallace is absolutely our best chance to have a much improved offense next year, and it would be a nightmare scenario if the Pats got him.... Get it done Ireland, get it the **** done.

I agree go get Wallace pay the price and keep him away from the pats. Then@12 draft Patterson efeirt or warmack. O would be scary

I am also on the Wallace train. Just because a receiver is money hungry, doesn't make him a bad team player, or a "problem child" as people have said. And just because his price tag is a little inflated due to a competitive FA market, does not nullify the positive impact he will undoubtedly have on our offense for years to come.

This guy affects the entire offense. Everything opens up. Tyler Eifert and Mike Wallace would make Tannehill a top 10 qb this year, maybe top 5 over the next 5 years.

I don't need ESPN Insider to know that Wallace is a damn good receiver capable of putting up 1200+ yards and 8+ TDs a year. He's exactly the shot in the arm this offense needs especially with a developing QB. Give Tannehill a playmakers like Wallace and the kid should flourish next year.

Can't stand how people bitch and moan about not having a receiver worth a damn but they don't want to "overpay" for him. TOUGH! Mike Wallace is exactly what we need. We've needed a player like him for years. Pay the man so we can finally have an offense that isn't laughable.

I agree. We need Wallace to stretch the field. We need as many playmakers as we can get and he's worth giving a big contract to because he's only 26 and has elite speed.

The only concern I have with bringing in Wallace is you either need an O-line that can block for a little extra time or a QB that can extend plays (like Big Ben). So far we cant do either of those consistently.

This guy affects the entire offense. Everything opens up. Tyler Eifert and Mike Wallace would make Tannehill a top 10 qb this year, maybe top 5 over the next 5 years.

brady, brees, manning, rothlisburger, RG3, Cam Newton, Rodgers, Ryan, possibly Luck, possibly the other Manning, who are you going to replace to put RT there

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

With one exception: Wallace AUSTIN Swope -- top five offense for years to come.

LD

understood that Austin is the HOT name in football, but Wallace and Austin are the exact same player, why get two of them and you dont have a big body receiver, to go over the middle?

Wallace, Hunter in the second

The only concern I have with bringing in Wallace is you either need an O-line that can block for a little extra time or a QB that can extend plays (like Big Ben). So far we cant do either of those consistently.

Wow, did you watch last season at all? Tannehill is pretty good at extending the play, and he improved as the season progressed. In fact, I have always thought that Big Ben was Tannehill's closest comparison regarding style of play.

Back
Top Bottom