ESPN Blog: Realistic expectaions for Tannehill this year

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinatic1399, Aug 30, 2012.

1. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/46982/realistic-expectations-for-ryan-tannehill

2. malzacher

malzacher Scout Team

If tannehill gets through this un-scathed and performs to these average stands and possibly more.imagine what he could accomplish with playmakers. The good new is that if Martin pans out, this oline can be pretty stout and all Miami needs to do is focus on giving him weapons.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Pass catchers

3. BostonPhin4

BostonPhin4 Well-Known Member

Un-injured, and more TDs than INTs.

Yards are too dependent on the receivers, if Fasano is the only guy Tannehill has trust in to catch the ball it's going to be a long season. I'm not as concerned with numbers as I am with his decision making this year. When no1 is open, which will happen often this year I want to see him show the discipline to get rid of the ball rather than forcing it into tight situations with receivers that can't reward his risk and take the ball away from defenders.

4. JEDIJ007

JEDIJ007 It's a trap! Finheaven VIP

Legedu needs to get cut. He is straight garbage.

5. PhinMagic

PhinMagic Banned Hammered

Excellent point bostonphin. We need a determination of his qb/football IQ this year not his stats

6. Kyndig

Kyndig Seasoned Veteran Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Man, the more I read that the angrier I get at Jeff Ireland. You draft your franchise QB you need to do two things: 1. Protect him and 2. Give him weapons to throw to. He addressed the first point by drafting Martin who I hope works out. The second one? Boy he overestimated what we had left once we traded Brandon Marshall and then he didn't really draft or sign anyone who could replace his presence or production. God, why didn't Ross fire him along with Sparano last year? grumble grumble...

7. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Yes James Walker. The Dolphins are going 4-12. We remember.

8. ATL_PHIN_FAN

ATL_PHIN_FAN Winner Under Construction

I think you'll see a lot of throws to the backs, lots of roll outs, lots of screens. With the constant hurry-up offense running, defenses may get winded, confused or might not have the right personnel on the field for situations (or combinations of those factors). That may also open things up for receivers down field later in games. A good running game could help tremendously too. Tannehill may tuck and run 2 or 3 times a game. If nothing else, this could be a very interesting season to watch. Tannehill's got skills man :)

9. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

hartline, bess, matthews, clay, fasano, bush. only recievers i'd put on the field at this point.

10. sm0kinfins

sm0kinfins Adults are obsolete children

And none of these guys should be the 1st read for a rookie QB. Or a vet QB for that matter...