ESPN CLASSIC: The1997 Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN CLASSIC: The1997 Miami Dolphins

gmoney41

Starter
Reaction score
I happened to catch the show early this morning before work, and I noticed that the 1997 team is sorta simular to the one we have now except back then Marino was the quarterback and no one can compare to him. But the 1997 team wasn't that bad, and made a playoff apperance.

QB - Marino-----------> Fiedler, Feeley
RB - Abdul-Jabbar Parmalee McPhail---------------> Minor Morris Henry
FB - Pritchett---------> Konrad
WR - Perriman L.Thomas McDuffie---------> Chambers Boston Thompson
TE - Drayton--------> McMichael

Obviously we have a better reciever crew, but the running backs are simular as well as the FB, Drayton was bigger and stronger than McMichael, but McMichael is faster. I noticed also that we threw alot of short passes and screen passes to the RB's that ended up in good gains. We should ry that now, but of course back then we had a different coach (JJ)

As for defense:
RDE - A rookie named Taylor------->SAME
RDT - Gardener-------> Chester
LDT - Bowens--------->SAME
LDE - Armstrong------->Ogunleye (hopefully)
SLB - Harris----------->Greenwood
MLB - Z.Thomas------->SAME
WLB - Rodgers-------->Seau
CB - Madison--------->SAME
CB - Buckley--------->Surtain
FS - C.Jackson ------>Freeman
SS - Wooden--------> Knight

P - Kidd---------->Turk
K - Mare----------> SAME
I think our defense is stronger than the 97 team, the 04 team can be good if we just use the right tool and techiques, but of course Wanny will have to change his way if he wants to remain coach and have a winning season. So just cause we dont have a big name back doesnt mean were going to go 5-11 as some jacka**es say. I think this team can really show everyone up.

How dare you compare DAN to Fiedler/Feely!!! Having Marino alone made that team better on offense

Speedo said:
How dare you compare DAN to Fiedler/Feely!!! Having Marino alone made that team better on offense
That was near the end of his career but he was still better then fiedler, I havent seen enough of feely but he prob isnt as good either. At least we dont have JJ as our coach, I HATE THAT GUY!!!!!!!!:fire:

Speedo said:

Ummm not to sound rude, but he wasn't comparing Fiedler/Feeley to Marino. He was just stating who was our QB then and now.

gmoney41:the 1997 team is sorta simular to the one we have now except back then Marino was the quarterback and no one can compare to him

Isn't this the year they lost to Pete Carroll's Pats in a wild card game?

Back
Top Bottom