ESPN columnist says "not so fast" to talk of another December swoon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN columnist says "not so fast" to talk of another December swoon

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
This may already have been put up on the board, but I haven't seen it, and it impressed me.

Len Pasquarelli, in The Morning After, states:

And, please, no rhetoric yet about how the Dolphins took the first step toward another nosedive. Playing out of their element, literally, coach Dave Wannstedt's team hung tough in the snow. Now, should the Dolphins lose next Monday night at home to red-hot Philadelphia, that will be another story. In the snowy climes of Gillette Stadium, the Dolphins actually demonstrated some fortitude. This was not one of their typical disappearing acts. Not yet, at least, folks.

:tongue2:

In all seriousness, I found it interesting to find a writer who didn't take the easy "Here we go again" route.

Even if we win our final three games {highly unlikely IMO}, the Phinz 2003 season has already been a failure IMO....

We should have been much better on offense with another year under Norv. Instead we've gotten worse....

I don't see much, if anything for Dave and Co to hang their hats on this year. The defense was expected to be great, and they were. The main focus this off-season was improving the offense, and even though Dave hyped up our "new and improved passing game", they failed miserably.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Even if we win our final three games {highly unlikely IMO}, the Phinz 2003 season has already been a failure IMO....

We should have been much better on offense with another year under Norv. Instead we've gotten worse....

I don't see much, if anything for Dave and Co to hang their hats on this year. The defense was expected to be great, and they were. The main focus this off-season was improving the offense, and even though Dave hyped up our "new and improved passing game", they failed miserably.....

I would address your criticism of what's gone wrong this season, but that's off-topic. Instead, I will point out that if we win our next three games, we could not only go to the playoffs, but conceivably pick up a #5 playoff seed (a much easier route to any kind of run in the playoffs).

Talk to me about the season being a failure when we're eliminated from playoff contention.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
oh come now Dr...we all know it's gonna happen ;)

Like you have a leg to stand on!!! I live in upstate and they have bgiven up on "circling the wagons" for quite some time now. Given up on Bledsoe even.:lolcry:

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Like you have a leg to stand on!!! I live in upstate and they have bgiven up on "circling the wagons" for quite some time now. Given up on Bledsoe even.:lolcry:
hope is still alive...we show more support with a 6-7 team than you guys do with an 8-5 team...pathetic

hope is still alive...we show more support with a 6-7 team than you guys do with an 8-5 team...pathetic

Sadly, you have a point there.

And for the record, I have legs, but they're not for standing. :astro:

Yeah, but you're a Bills fan, and losing seasons are a regularity in Buffalo....

This is Miami!!!!!!!!

We've been on the verge of winning the Super Bowl for so many seasons now it's ridiculous. At least that's what most of us have been lead to believe. We're 8-5 now, but that's still not good enough to make the playoffs at this time.....

Nothing personal against the Bills fans. I like them just fine....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yeah, but you're a Bills fan, and losing seasons are a regularity in Buffalo....

This is Miami!!!!!!!!

We've been on the verge of winning the Super Bowl for so many seasons now it's ridiculous. At least that's what most of us have been lead to believe. We're 8-5 now, but that's still not good enough to make the playoffs at this time.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
losing seasons a regularity?...I count 2 recently..you have us confused with Cincy

This is Miami!!!!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

We've been on the verge of winning the Super Bowl for so many seasons now it's ridiculous. Really? I must have missed those.

Originally posted by Den54

We've been on the verge of winning the Super Bowl for so many seasons now it's ridiculous. Really? I must have missed those.

Well Jimmy promised us a SB seven years ago.....:cry:

Maybe that wasn;t that long ago, but it seems like forever....

Every year the expectations are sky high here. 8-5 is disappointing when that's the case.

Let's see....one losing season since 1970.....that's 33 (after this year) out of 39 since inception of winning tradition.

We haven't missed consecutive playoff appearances since 1986-1989....

so...show me who else makes it to post-season this much or has a better avg. EVERY year....

I think that is why expectations are ALWAYS set high for us....we are expected to have a winning season every year and go to the playoffs....the question always is....will we get to the SB? That is the question Dolphin fans, team owners, players and the rest of the league always asks and why they always give us a good chance to get there.....because if we only get ONE thing going better then the year before (without losing any other performance) we will be in the SB....no questions about it.

Problem is....we improve one thing one year, always have the same core guys, but for some reason something else always slacks off.

Anyways, hope you better understand what it is like to be a dolphin fan. We EXPECT what other teams hope for and hope for the SB.....EVERY YEAR :)

oh come now Dr...we all know it's gonna happen ;)

And it already HAS in Barfalo ......

:roflmao:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom