ESPN.com: Will phins make push for Greg Jennings?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinatic1399, Dec 19, 2012.

1. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/52628/will-dolphins-push-for-wr-greg-jennings

2. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I do not like Jennings' age and how he has been knicked up. However, he is a big Joe Philbin guy and having Philbin's guys in the locker room will be a big help to next season.

3. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran

If they give Jennings anything over 5 mil a year I'm going to be upset. I'd prefer a long term mega deal to Wallace, a 3 year deal to Bowe, or a 2 year deal to Jennings.

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Banned Hammered

I'd take Wallace or Bowe before him, too old

5. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Jennings over Bowe but Wallace overall.

We wont go for Wallace but we might go after Jennings. I think he would be great in our offense and would be great for Tannehills development.

6. MiamiNative0722

Why do you think we won't go for Wallace? Pittsburgh fans expect that he's gone.

7. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Really? 29 is too old? Bowe is 28 himself. His injury is a concern but he's in his prime right now.

8. PJack

PJack A True Fan

I'd love to get him, but given his recent injuries, not sure he's the guy I want to be in a bidding war and invest 50mm depending on what FA WR market will be this off season. If he comes at something a little more reasonable he has to be one of our primary targets.

9. normaldude

normaldude Starter

Give Greg Jennings a big incentive-laden contract. Very little guaranteed money.

If he produces, he'll be worth it.

10. dolfin530

dolfin530 Student of the Game

Everybody wants Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings. Honestly only one of these guys will hit free agency. Jennings will most likely be the one to hit FA. Bottom line we need to sign one of these WRs.

11. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

When it comes down to it I think they will sort a deal out. But I think he will ask too much to interest Philbin/Ireland even if he leaves.

12. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Cause Wallace wants $11 million per season...why do you think Steelers are willing to let him walk? They tried to sign him before the season with a $10 million per season offer and he wouldn't sign it. He wants to be the highest paid WR in the league...more than Larry Fitzgerald.

13. Jehuty13

Jehuty13 Well-Known Member

Sorry but Jennings age doesn't scare me. The man gets open, that's all there is to it. If the price is right, get him immediately.

14. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

My List is Wallace, Bowe/jennings netx. I dont want to pay either of the last 2 big bucks becasue of age and Jennings injury concerns of late. I would pay them 4-6.5 mll but nothing more. Bowe maybe 7, MAYBE. Wallace i'd break the bank for.

15. MiamiNative0722

I really think we should sign one of these 3 AND draft a wideout in the top 2 rounds, let Hartline walk.

16. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Disagree strongly. I'd be surprised if either Bowe or Jenninngs was resigned.

17. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

I would be happy if we signed anyone of the three top receivers. I just hope we would still draft another one to develop.

18. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Wallace is not a good fit in the WCO. Jennings is, and Bowe should be. I would go Bowe.

19. So Be

So Be A True Fan

You're dreaming. $5M a year got us Marshall and Burnett.

20. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

The Dolphins signed Culpepper over Brees b/c of injury concerns and we know how that ended...

21. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Also he could be instrumental in teaching the offense to the receiving core.

22. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Burnett we got cheap but Marshall was still on his rookie contract if I'm not mistaken and we gave him a 5 year/$47.3 million extension.

23. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

Well, it's safe to say Jennings will get WAY more than $5 million a year my friend.

24. Mage_Phin

Mage_Phin All in for Philbin.

Jennings is not that old. He's exactly one year older than Bowe, but I tend to think he's the better player. I would prefer Mike Wallace over both of them though.

25. AJDUHEJETKILLER

AJDUHEJETKILLER AJ DUHE JET KILLER

Same, same. I agree

26. JayFin327

JayFin327 Well-Known Member Donator

A proven veteran WR will do wonders. Just look what Reggie Wayne was able to do for Andrew Luck this year.

27. finfanaz

finfanaz A True Fan

Laughing at all the people that would want Wallace over Jennings on the Dolphins roster next year. I mean seriously... Different skill sets, one of which totally excels in our system. That's just one of like, a million reasons why Jennings is a better sign. In my opinion, he's just a better WR, broader skill set..

28. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

wow people acting like Jennings is like 10 years older than Bowe lol

29. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy CMD Finheaven VIP

Wallace has the ability to get seperation at the line, runs great routes, and has top notch speed which forces safety help on him every play opening up other receivers. I don't see how he wouldn't be a fit here. It's not like we're running the most complicated offense in the world.

I'd love to have Wallace here. Jennings as well. Anything to help aid Tannehill, but there's no reason that Wallace isn't a fit here.

30. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

People will be upset if we pay Jennings anything over 5 mill a year? Really? Because paying him six or seven would be highway robbery. People are talking about paying that much to Brian Hartline, and Brian Hartline isn't half the player Greg Jennings is.

31. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Yea for the same money we could have had him over Richard "toast "Marshall

32. Digital

Digital Starter

Jennings is by far my first choice. Bring in 2 young, fast WR's and have Jennings lead the line, Hartline #2 and Bess in the slot with the young guys (including possibly Matthews) competing for that 4th spot and rotating in as they learn. Jennings will provide us skill, leadership, examples, hard work, and set the tone for our young WR's to make sure we don't grow divas.

Consider that this year came on the heels of an endorsement-heavy offseason where he wasn't devoted entirely to football and it resulted in injuries. Remember that he has a lot of pride and will be extra-motivated (and rested) to prove Miami right and Green Bay wrong for letting him go. Recognize that he probably has 4 good productive years left, which is plenty to get us through the developmental curve of our young WR's. Don't underestimate how important it is to Philbin's system to have his most talented and productive WR from his time in Green Bay. We are building around Tannehill and this is THE ideal receiver for Philbin's system. He easily and consistently gets separation, makes good catches, understands back-shoulder throws, fights for his QB by coming back to the ball and breaking up INT's. Our rookie WR's will learn more than how to run routes and find soft spots in zones. And they'll do it when NOT facing the other team's best CB's. Hartline has had a field day against subpar corners, which will be most of what he sees if Jennings comes to Miami.

If he can be had, Greg Jennings is the one player I'd say is a must-have for Philbin, Sherman and Tannehill. They may have other top WR's in Green Bay, but if he were affordable and consistently healthy, Greg Jennings would start every game for Green Bay. The fact that we even have a shot at him is fortuitous IMHO.

33. JDRoar

JDRoar New Member

Very well said and couldn't agree more

34. iambanned

iambanned Banned Hammered

I was watching Jennings in the last couple of games, especially focusing on the Packers-Bears game and he is still a beast. I mean, he hasn't lost anything in his ability to get separation and compete for the ball in the air. He's still a much more powerful physical specimen than anything we have on our roster.

35. iambanned

iambanned Banned Hammered

The success that James Jones has had, and especially this past Sunday was a result of the attention teams have to pay to Green Bay's other weapons. Jennings was still getting the #1WR treatment by the Bears D. I love the way he controls the space around him as the ball is coming in, and I can't even remember a drop from him.

36. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

There's no reason for us not to end up with Wallace, Jennings or Bowe. My preference would be Wallace followed by Jennings. With our cap space and need there should be no doubt we end up with one of them.

37. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

Jennings for 2 years, draft another burner in the 1st or 2nd, hartline & bees would be ok

38. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

Jennings is a product of Aaron Rodgers being the best qb in the league. look at James Jones, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson etc these guys are above average wrs. Any of you wanting to sign Jennings for huge money are crazy. Lets start drafting better

39. FinHopeful

FinHopeful Starter

If he wants big money, then you should judge him based upon playing 14 games at a high level. He will not meet that criteria. I hope we do not sign him.

40. JTech194

JTech194 Starter

Why can't we sign Jennings AND Wallace? Draft another WR in the first round? let Hartline walk and keep Bess and we're straight! I look at teams like Atlanta with Roddie white and Julio jones and think why can't we have something similar?