ESPN.com: Will phins make push for Greg Jennings? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN.com: Will phins make push for Greg Jennings?

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
The AFC East blog will be full go with NFL free agency once the regular season ends. However, there will be a few interesting stories that catch our eye that we will address before then. The latest interesting development came from Green Bay Packers receiver and pending free agent Greg Jennings. The two-time Pro Bowl receiver told Steve Wyche of NFL Network that he doesn't think the Packers will sign him to a long-term extension.

It's rare that a player admits that publicly, but it does make a lot of sense for Jennings to bolt Green Bay.

Jennings has been injured most of this year, playing in just six games, but he wants a huge payday. Jennings believes his play the past several years warrants a large contract extension, but he may have to get that from another team.

The Packers have a bevy of younger, less expensive receivers for Pro Bowl quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Green Bay won the NFC North mostly without Jennings' services this year.

Miami has a ton of cap room. And if the Dolphins bid high for Jennings, I don't think the Packers will compete. Miami most likely will compete with other teams. But the Dolphins have an advantage due to Jennings' familiarity with Miami's West Coast offense after playing under head coach Joe Philbin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/52628/will-dolphins-push-for-wr-greg-jennings

I do not like Jennings' age and how he has been knicked up. However, he is a big Joe Philbin guy and having Philbin's guys in the locker room will be a big help to next season.

If they give Jennings anything over 5 mil a year I'm going to be upset. I'd prefer a long term mega deal to Wallace, a 3 year deal to Bowe, or a 2 year deal to Jennings.

Jennings over Bowe but Wallace overall.

We wont go for Wallace but we might go after Jennings. I think he would be great in our offense and would be great for Tannehills development.

Jennings over Bowe but Wallace overall.

We wont go for Wallace but we might go after Jennings. I think he would be great in our offense and would be great for Tannehills development.

Why do you think we won't go for Wallace? Pittsburgh fans expect that he's gone.

I'd love to get him, but given his recent injuries, not sure he's the guy I want to be in a bidding war and invest 50mm depending on what FA WR market will be this off season. If he comes at something a little more reasonable he has to be one of our primary targets.

Give Greg Jennings a big incentive-laden contract. Very little guaranteed money.

If he produces, he'll be worth it.

Everybody wants Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings. Honestly only one of these guys will hit free agency. Jennings will most likely be the one to hit FA. Bottom line we need to sign one of these WRs.

Why do you think we won't go for Wallace? Pittsburgh fans expect that he's gone.

When it comes down to it I think they will sort a deal out. But I think he will ask too much to interest Philbin/Ireland even if he leaves.

Cause Wallace wants $11 million per season...why do you think Steelers are willing to let him walk? They tried to sign him before the season with a $10 million per season offer and he wouldn't sign it. He wants to be the highest paid WR in the league...more than Larry Fitzgerald.

Sorry but Jennings age doesn't scare me. The man gets open, that's all there is to it. If the price is right, get him immediately.

My List is Wallace, Bowe/jennings netx. I dont want to pay either of the last 2 big bucks becasue of age and Jennings injury concerns of late. I would pay them 4-6.5 mll but nothing more. Bowe maybe 7, MAYBE. Wallace i'd break the bank for.

I really think we should sign one of these 3 AND draft a wideout in the top 2 rounds, let Hartline walk.

Back
Top Bottom