ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

\
the jets are so overrated its retarded and deep down you know it. they WILL NOT be better than last year. save this. they just arent a very good team. your qb sucks, its bad when matt freaking moore is better than your 5th overall draft pick. you have a backfield of shoulda coulda rbs, and the d is so overrated its not funny.

we suck, we have no chance. You are right.

I assume that most everyone knows that they are making nyjunc's life more complete and happy yet simply cannot help themselves.

He tries to take over threads, but we allow him to.

It is a shame that this site does not have a ignore button.

it's a shame people waste timing whining about other posters.

was your D #1 in the recent past? was your D top 5 in the rankings 3 straight years?(rankings don't tell all but they give us a gauge)

we had some success last year

As did we, including spoiling your guys’ playoff hopes.

we were still better than you guys.

You keep saying that, but every time you actually have to play us we prove otherwise, 5 of 7….. 5 of 7.

teams played conservative against you knowing all they had to do was pretty much not turn it over and they'd beat you.

Cute excuse, but the fact we allowed fewer points per game while finishing 6-3 proves it’s complete bogus. We could say that teams didn’t amass many yards against you guys because they knew they were going to score every time they got into the red zone, that’s why you have such a huge disparity between yards allowed and points allowed.

Our O/STs gave up a ton of points so our D was actually much better than the rankings indictae in pts scored but I don't believe they were as good as their yds allowed stat.

Even excluding all points allowed by the offense and special teams you guys still rank 20[SUP]th[/SUP].

You started 0-7, that's all we need to know. a big time D, a top 10 D is not starting 0-7. throw away the meaningless stats after that.
Actually a top ranked D can start 0-7 and did last year. It’s funny how you like to just ignore stats that prove Miami’s defense out played the Jets’ Defense last year. Not to mention, your own running back LT said he thought Miami’s front seven was the best in the NFL and was very similar to the ’02 Buccaneers front seven. Ouch!

we suck, we have no chance. You are right.

it's a shame people waste timing whining about other posters.
you guys do suck. your team is getting and old and are on the way down. and with tony you new oc lol sorry but for you to think you are going to be better than 8-8 is hillarious. the d is old now. stop sugar coating the way your team looks.
and stop living in the past. we dont say well well atleast we went perfect in 72 take that. who gives a **** what your team did two years ago. they are far from being the same team

Thanks!

Now if we just get everyone to use it.......

...what a boring place this would be.

was your D #1 in the recent past? was your D top 5 in the rankings 3 straight years?(rankings don't tell all but they give us a gauge)

As did we, including spoiling your guys’ playoff hopes.

You keep saying that, but every time you actually have to play us we prove otherwise, 5 of 7….. 5 of 7.

Cute excuse, but the fact we allowed fewer points per game while finishing 6-3 proves it’s complete bogus. We could say that teams didn’t amass many yards against you guys because they knew they were going to score every time they got into the red zone, that’s why you have such a huge disparity between yards allowed and points allowed.

Even excluding all points allowed by the offense and special teams you guys still rank 20[SUP]th[/SUP].

Actually a top ranked D can start 0-7 and did last year. It’s funny how you like to just ignore stats that prove Miami’s defense out played the Jets’ Defense last year. Not to mention, your own running back LT said he thought Miami’s front seven was the best in the NFL and was very similar to the ’02 Buccaneers front seven. Ouch!

we were done either way

2 of 4 w/ the 2 losses being meaningless late season losses that didn't affect playoff seeding.

I think 8 more reg season wins over the last 3 seasons and 4 more playoff wins tells us we were MUCH better.

Awesome! you finished 6-3, too bad you started 0-7 and every one of those wins was completely meaningless.

We were around 12th removing pts allowed by O and STs.

A top D is not going 0-7 to start a season, I don't care how bad the offense is.

Your "top D" allowed 23 PPG in the first 7 games, allowed Colt McCoy to lead a GW TD drive late, allowed Tim Tebow to lead 15 pts(also got a 2pt conversion in there) in the final efw mins.

Ther was nothing "top" about your D last year.

When did LT say this?

you guys do suck. your team is getting and old and are on the way down. and with tony you new oc lol sorry but for you to think you are going to be better than 8-8 is hillarious. the d is old now. stop sugar coating the way your team looks.
and stop living in the past. we dont say well well atleast we went perfect in 72 take that. who gives a **** what your team did two years ago. they are far from being the same team

yep, what an old team w/ guys like Revis, Harris, Cro, Sanchez, Keller, Mangold, Brick, Greene, Wilkerson, Kerley, Holmes,...

did you predict 11-5 and a title game in 2010? did you predict Miami would start 0-7 last year?

Nor did I predict in 08 that the jest would actually regress from 9-7 to 7-7 + 2 charitable knees. Who knew :idk:

Sucess what sucess??Thats the best laugh I've had in a longtime. Just about as sucessjul as the Cleveland Browns. Get outta here ya dope...lol

we were done either way
The Jets didn’t know this while they were playing the game though, and yet they still couldn’t beat a team they were “much better” than? Funny how that works.

2 of 4 w/ the 2 losses being meaningless late season losses that didn't affect playoff seeding.

Nope, 5 of 7. I know it must really hurt.

I think 8 more reg season wins over the last 3 seasons and 4 more playoff wins tells us we were MUCH better.

Head to head speaks much louder, and you guys don’t fare so well against us when that happens.

Awesome! you finished 6-3, too bad you started 0-7 and every one of those wins was completely meaningless.
Yup, we had nothing to play for, you guys had everything to play for and we still beat you guys without two of our best players on the field.

We were around 12th removing pts allowed by O and STs.
Not according to NFL.com, but even if you were, that’s still not 6[SUP]th[/SUP] :p

A top D is not going 0-7 to start a season, I don't care how bad the offense is.

According to whom? You? Lol. The stats don’t lie, we were a top defense last season, you guys were not.

Your "top D" allowed 23 PPG in the first 7 games, allowed Colt McCoy to lead a GW TD drive late, allowed Tim Tebow to lead 15 pts(also got a 2pt conversion in there) in the final efw mins.

Your Defense didn’t allow Tebow to come back and beat them? I seem to remember otherwise, I also seem to remember Tim beating the number 1 Defense in the league as well, so your argument is shot. Why do you keep fudging the stats? We allowed 23 points per game over the first seven games, you guys allowed 23 points per game over the entire season! Over the entire 16 game schedule last year we had a better defense, period. Your own running back that practiced against your D everyday even admits that.

When did LT say this?

To Warren Sapp on NFL Total Access.

Well it depends on what we are using to rate these defenses. Because if were using PPG allowed then the Dolphins are #1 in the division and its not even close...

Dolphins 19.6 ppg allowed #6th in the league
Patriots 21.4 ppg allowed #15th in the league
Jets 22.7 ppg allowed #20th in the league
Bills 27.1 ppg allowed #30th in the league

The fact that anyone says that the bills will be better than us on defense is down right laughable.. Can it happen? sure.. but is it likely? no
i dont care who they added in the offseason..

Not to mention the Pats had a few week stretch were they were THE WORST defense in the league but they got it corrected as the season went on

The Jets Run Defense is in the bottom half of the League.. their pass defense is what keeps them good..

Dolphins were excellent defending the run and avg at the pass.. the only problem i saw was the end of games when the defense would wear down because the defense had been on the field for most of the game..

homerism aside I still think the dolphins are the best defense in the divison in the afc east..(and thats asking opinions of a few friends of mine who are Cowboy, Pats, Giants, Bears and Bills fan). now offense is a whole different story

Well it depends on what we are using to rate these defenses. Because if were using PPG allowed then the Dolphins are #1 in the division and its not even close...

Dolphins 19.6 ppg allowed #6th in the league
Patriots 21.4 ppg allowed #15th in the league
Jets 22.7 ppg allowed #20th in the league
Bills 27.1 ppg allowed #30th in the league

The fact that anyone says that the bills will be better than us on defense is down right laughable.. Can it happen? sure.. but is it likely? no
i dont care who they added in the offseason..

Not to mention the Pats had a few week stretch were they were THE WORST defense in the league but they got it corrected as the season went on

The Jets Run Defense is in the bottom half of the League.. their pass defense is what keeps them good..

Dolphins were excellent defending the run and avg at the pass.. the only problem i saw was the end of games when the defense would wear down because the defense had been on the field for most of the game..

homerism aside I still think the dolphins are the best defense in the divison in the afc east..(and thats asking opinions of a few friends of mine who are Cowboy, Pats, Giants, Bears and Bills fan). now offense is a whole different story

Most people use YPG to determine a defense, the Jets had a lot of turnovers last season which is why their PPG is so high. Not all of the turnovers were on offense, they had a lot of ST turnovers as well.

YPG the division ranks like this

1-Jets 5th overall
2-Dolphins 15th overall
3-Bills 26th overall
4-Patriots 31st overall

The Jets run defense wasn't in the bottom half of the league either, they started off bad but they improved. They finished 13th in the league for YPG. The Jets were tied for 6th in average per carry, teams averaged 3.9 YPC vs the Jets.

Our pass defense was top 5.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

If rex is smart, he'll keep his hands off the d, and keep the ball out of sanchez's hands too.

Why??? Rex is one of the best defensive minds in the game... Last year with Rex not being hands on with the defense and allowing Pettine to call the plays resulted in Brady tearing them up in 2 games. Though one game brady was very lucky and should have thrown 3 INTs in the first half if not for drops. But when Rex is involved, the Jets defense shutdown Brady 3 out of the 5 times they played in 2009/2010.

Back
Top Bottom