ESPN - James Walker Miami Dolphins 2013 Roster Projection 2.0 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN - James Walker Miami Dolphins 2013 Roster Projection 2.0

Nubs, I have a hypothetical question for you. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but, IF Miami were to cut Starks, What would happen to the salary cap?
Once a player signs the franchise tag, the one-year salary becomes fully guaranteed. But there’s a little-known exception.

Under Article 10, Section 2(c) of the CBA, the contract can be terminated if the player fails “to establish or maintain his excellent physical condition.”

I think this is your answer....not happening.

Once a player signs the franchise tag, the one-year salary becomes fully guaranteed. But there’s a little-known exception.

Under Article 10, Section 2(c) of the CBA, the contract can be terminated if the player fails “to establish or maintain his excellent physical condition.”

I think this is your answer....not happening.

I have always wondered how the franchise tag works in this regard. Thanks for your help.

I can be sold on canning Devlin. Opens a roster spot for a better player.

I must have been asleep, what happened to Javorskie Lane? Who's Evan Rodriguez?

FB/TE played for the Bears last year.

IMO Lane is nothing more than a run block FB and offers nothing in pass game and from what I see has shown nothing "special" apart from a few highlights of him running over Grimes last year.

Thing to keep in mind is Rodriguez has been arrested 3 times. One for alleged felony assault (dropped to mis.) and Two DUI's.

Many people will zero in on this aspect and say he is not a "Philbin" guy, but if he has lasted this long on the roster I guess they dont mind his past?

I have a feeling Matt Moore is trade Bait and Devlin takes his place, Moore is to inconsistent.

I have a feeling Matt Moore is trade Bait and Devlin takes his place, Moore is to inconsistent.

If Moore is as inconsistent as you say, why would another team want him? I do not get when fans think their guy sucks yet in the same breath say another team will take him in a trade?

If you state that Moore is a good player, then fine...someone could trade for him. I just do not get when fans think other teams will take the player of your hands you feel is garbage. Does not compute.

BTW, last time we talked about a roster projection and it got f'ed up by losing Keller. Injuries have a way of tossing a grenade into these projections. Even Jordan's injury can alter what happens up front. Shelby, Martin, Applewhite etc. have better chances with Jordan seemingly not in the mix for awhile now.

Aj Francis has a chance of beating out Vaughn Martin for a spot. Bumphis or Tyms could beat out Mcnutt.

Depth at LB is terrible. Jelani Jenkins has been too hurt to show anything. Trusnik and Spitler aren't impressive at all.

Depth at LB is terrible. Jelani Jenkins has been too hurt to show anything. Trusnik and Spitler aren't impressive at all.

They make their money playing STs though. And they're great at it.

I would keep AJ Francis and Bumphis. Wouldn't carry a FB, but I'm having a hard time cutting someone else to make room for the other. We need to try to keep AJ Francis on the practice squad in case Starks isn't here next year. I think he could be a solid Soliai Jr. in the future. Maybe I'd get rid of Spitler after all.

Teddy Ginn would have brought so much more than Thigpen at the return slot, and also a good backup WR.

Pennies on a dollar for him, too. Bargain basement prices and coaching?

Hmmm.

Shoulda. Woulda. Coulda.

LD

Back
Top Bottom