ESPN on Mia TE neglect | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN on Mia TE neglect

phishxhead

Ring Of Honor
Reaction score
Bill Belichick has spent 10 draft picks on tight ends in his 11 years running the New England Patriots, including two first-round draft choices. New England is the NFL's highest-scoring team through that period. During the same period, the hapless Miami Dolphins have spent just three draft choices on tight ends, the highest a fourth-rounder. New England's winning two-minute drive against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday included three catches for 35 yards by tight ends.

I dont even think miamis OC knows how to work in his Tight end. Such a huge part of a offense lost.

They also have arguably(Aaron Rodgers) the best QB in the league, in Tom Brady. But yea, its obvious that we need a TE but we need a QB way worse.

Wow... I didnt know the Dolphins sucked... until I read this thread..

I think this is one of those covenant agreements they have with Bill Parcells.

That is to keep the position uncompetitive and exclusive for players like Anthony Fasano. Thats the only explanation that makes sense. Its clearly a position that can be productive that is clearly ignored and littered with 2nd rate players paraded as starters.

There's no other explanation.

Like wow I we needed a tight end to stretch the field. I mean not like I saw this problem 2 years ago or anything, nope must have been blind

and the messed up part is that the last draft would have been a good time to do it, draft 2 te's and see what happens, what you got to lose

This article is stupid and ignorant. Obviously the coaching staff has not been informed of what the TE position is and the value it brings to a team. Cut them some slack....

That early 3rd & very short .... liked the pass call .... BUT, too a TE or RB .... aaaarrrghhh!!

Especially because NO ONE was open deeper. TE TE TE TE !!!

Bill Belichick has spent 10 draft picks on tight ends in his 11 years running the New England Patriots, including two first-round draft choices. New England is the NFL's highest-scoring team through that period. During the same period, the hapless Miami Dolphins have spent just three draft choices on tight ends, the highest a fourth-rounder. New England's winning two-minute drive against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday included three catches for 35 yards by tight ends.

Please rattle off the names of some great Tight Ends the Phins have had over the years.....they really have never used Tight Ends to catch passes. During Marino's best years he threw the ball almost exclusively to our Wide Receivers (The Marks Brothers)..when Bob Griese was QB, the same thing (Paul Warfield). Other than Mandich and maybe Randy McMichael who have we ever had that has been that good at TE???

Do we have a TE?

Fasano has 8 catches this year, 5 in the first game.

...I think we threw at the other guy twice...that is all year...pathetic!

Another Tony Sparano mess up considering he used to be a TEs coach under Marty Schottenheimer with the Redskins back in the late 90s,or early 2000s.

Please rattle off the names of some great Tight Ends the Phins have had over the years.....they really have never used Tight Ends to catch passes. During Marino's best years he threw the ball almost exclusively to our Wide Receivers (The Marks Brothers)..when Bob Griese was QB, the same thing (Paul Warfield). Other than Mandich and maybe Randy McMichael who have we ever had that has been that good at TE???[/QUOTE]Ferrell Edmunds comes to mind,though i can't remember if he was any good or not. I also seem to remember Keith Jackson being a phin for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom