ESPN: Only 7 teams worse than Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Only 7 teams worse than Miami Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
829513588.jpg

DAVIE —The Miami Dolphins had a tough training camp.
And ESPN noticed.
According to the Worldwide Leader in Sports, there are only seven NFL teams worse than the Dolphins.
After season-ending injuries to quarterback Ryan Tannehill and linebacker Raekwon McMillan, ESPN dropped the Dolphins all the way from 13th in its power rankings to 25th.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/08/16/espn-only-7-teams-worse-than-miami-dolphins/

The Ravens have lost more starters than we have.

IMHO, this is part of the fallout of not ha ing hardly any padded practices anymore. People are building their muscles for gym and straight sprint exercises mostly indoors. Then they get into full exertion football activities, where every step includes rotating the joint in addition to the flexion/extension, and lots of start/stop behavior, and the rest of the body, like the ligaments and Achilles, just aren't ready for the stress. If we eased I to it with actual padded play, actual tackling, etc, I think we would have less of these types of injuries.

And I realize I'm in the minority here, but mandatory knee braces would prevent a lot of those knee injuries.

Wow we dropped 12 spots in their power rankings. Some aren't gonna like this quote.

After season-ending injuries to quarterback Ryan Tannehill and linebacker Raekwon McMillan, ESPN dropped the Dolphins all the way from 13th in its power rankings to 25th.

This could be an over-reaction to the loss of Tannehill.

Or, it could be a rejection of the notion Jay Cutler can perform anywhere close to the level of Tannehill.

As I stated in another thread, I have no idea what to expect from Cutler. If he performs on par with how Tannehill has then Miami should be okay. If he's turnover prone or gets hurt and they have to go to Moore, I still don't think Miami is that bad. Tough to know though.

The Ravens have lost more starters than we have.

IMHO, this is part of the fallout of not ha ing hardly any padded practices anymore. People are building their muscles for gym and straight sprint exercises mostly indoors. Then they get into full exertion football activities, where every step includes rotating the joint in addition to the flexion/extension, and lots of start/stop behavior, and the rest of the body, like the ligaments and Achilles, just aren't ready for the stress. If we eased I to it with actual padded play, actual tackling, etc, I think we would have less of these types of injuries.

And I realize I'm in the minority here, but mandatory knee braces would prevent a lot of those knee injuries.
Are you a PT?

Really seems like an overreaction to the injuries. Granted, the Ryan Tannehill injury was huge and you've got to down grade the team somewhat there.

But, the bottom line is every team is going to have injuries. Hopefully, Miami's have just hit early and it will be a little more smooth sailing from here.

As a friend put it...at least the Dolphins are dumpster diving from the top of the heap and not the bottom like in November and December.

ESPN is just pure garbage these days and not worth anyone's time. I watch the NFL channel or Food Network (or any show featuring and teaching me how to cook BBQ). :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom