ESPN Power Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Power Rankings

R3TARDxSTRONG

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I love how there's 6 teams with losing records ahead of us.....I dont really care, and can "kinda" see where they're coming from...but in the NFL, isn't a loss a loss?

1 (2) Saints 1-0-0 Offense faces another potentially difficult test with road game against 49ers looming on MNF. (Sando)
2 (3) Packers 1-0-0 The Packers cruised in Week 1 until the Michael Vick experience. (Walker)
3 (6) Ravens 1-0-0 The Jets did the talking, but the Ravens got the victory. (Walker)
4 (10) Patriots 1-0-0 Tom Brady has the Patriots' offense looking every bit as good as it did in their 16-0 2007 season. (Clayton)
5 (1) Colts 0-1-0 They've fixed or survived a bad run defense before. (Kuharsky)
6 (5) Vikings 0-1-0 There's no shame in losing a close game to the defending Super Bowl champs. (Walker)
7 (14) Texans 1-0-0 How Texans follow up statement win will tell us a lot.(Kuharsky)
8 (4) Cowboys 0-1-0 No truth to rumor the Cowboys will change uniforms to yellow so yellow official flags won't be noticed. (Clayton)
9 (16) Titans 1-0-0 Vince Young will face stiffer challenge against Steelers. (Kuharsky)
10 (18) Steelers 1-0-0 The Steelers showed tremendous character by winning without Ben Roethlisberger. (Walker)
11 (9) Jets 0-1-0 So much for talk. The "Ground and Pound" offense looked like bad hamburger against Ravens. (Clayton)
12 (8) Chargers 0-1-0 They were served notice by the Chiefs that division ownership is not certain. (Kuharsky)
13 (7) Falcons 0-1-0 The Falcons must keep eye on Cardinals in Week 2 even though trip to Superdome awaits the next week. (Sando)
14 (17) Redskins 1-0-0 Defense was the star for the Redskins in the opener. Great play calling by DC Jim Haslett. (Clayton)
15 (11) Dolphins 1-0-0 To barely win in Buffalo isn't a great start for the Dolphins. (Clayton)
16 (19) Giants 1-0-0 Against Carolina, Eli Manning got off to sloppy start with three picks. Still, his offense scored 31 points. (Clayton)
17 (12) Bengals 0-1-0 Did last year's success go to their heads? The Bengals barely showed up in Week 1. (Walker)
18 (15) Eagles 0-1-0 The last thing Andy Reid needs is a quarterback controversy, and he might get one with Vick-Kolb. (Clayton)
19 (20) Cardinals 1-0-0 All-world play from Steve Breaston, Adrian Wilson kept Cardinals from losing to the Rams. (Sando)
20 (13) 49ers 0-1-0 Losing the opener puts Niners in bind with Saints next and then trips to Kansas City, Atlanta. (Sando)
21 (26) Seahawks 1-0-0 Coaching and quarterbacking carried Seattle to Week 1 upset despite concerns on the offensive line. (Sando)
22 (21) Bears 1-0-0 Catch or no catch, the Bears got a much-needed division win over Detroit. (Walker)
23 (27) Chiefs 1-0-0 Young talent sent a loud message in upset of San Diego. (Kuharsky)
24 (25) Jaguars 1-0-0 Beating the Broncos created a buzz. Now they look to sustain it in North Florida. (Kuharsky)
25 (22) Broncos 0-1-0 The Tim Tebow hype wasn't all that fell flat in Jacksonville. (Kuharsky)
26 (23) Panthers 0-1-0 Like the Eagles, Panthers finding out fresh, young quarterbacks not always as durable. (Sando)
27 (24) Raiders 0-1-0 They wasted gas making trip to Nashville. (Kuharsky)
28 (30) Buccaneers 1-0-0 Tampa will take the victory even though it was blacked out and against watered-down Browns. (Sando)
29 (28) Lions 0-1-0 QB Matthew Stafford hurt his shoulder again, and that's never a good sign. (Walker)
30 (31) Bills 0-1-0 Chan Gailey kept the team competitive against the Dolphins despite limitations for offensive talent. (Clayton)
31 (32) Rams 0-1-0 Injuries are already affecting Rams' depth, but Sam Bradford gives them hope against Raiders. (Sando)
32 (29) Browns 0-1-0 An ugly loss to Tampa Bay doesn't offer much hope for the rest of the season. (Walker)

this week is kind of dumb... we were at 11 and drop to 15 after a road win... so we drop 4 spots winning... Chargers LOSE a road game to an also inferior team, and drop.... 4 spots also, hmmm...

oh well, after next weeks win we'll open some eyes...

Win a divisional game on the road and you go down 4 spots? I can understand dropping one spot MAYBE two, but 4? What the ****?

I don't even know why this makes me angry, because power rankings mean nothing...but the Dolphins will
get no love until they beat the crap out of a playoff team on the road...and even then it will probably only last
a week...Story of our lives Fins fans. But at the same time I wonder how this makes Bills fans feel...nah nevermind
I really don't give a sh*t.

A division road win and we drop 4 spots. Makes perfect sense!

ESPN never gets it right.

I can never get my head around how a team with a losing record can be put ahead of a team with a winning record.

I just can't seem to get drunk enough for that to make sence!

This is why ESPN sucks.

Jets lose at home and they drop 2 points. Dolphins win on the road and drop 4 points.

Illogical.

Who cares about power rankings! It's stupid! The only thing that counts is wins and losses!

This is why ESPN sucks.

Jets lose at home and they drop 2 points. Dolphins win on the road and drop 4 points.

Illogical.

Maybe it has something to do with the competition
Losing to a very good Baltimore team by only 1 point
or winning against a crappy Buffalo team by 5

Back
Top Bottom