ESPN Predictions underachive Dolphins and Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Predictions underachive Dolphins and Bills

DownTheSideline

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The ESPN predictions Have the Dolphins at 7-9 and the Bills at 6-10

the MNF Crew splits the dolphins with 9 wins at Same and Less and

The MNF crew has the Bills getting less then 5 wins, which is laughable.

O well hopefully the Bills moreso then the Dolphins prove them wrong, but I don't like seeing both teams getting screwed over like that.

Given Miami's inevitable sweep over the Bills, I just can't see the Bills going 6-8 in their other 14 games and Miami only going 5-9...outlandish!

I would say that 9-7 is a reasonable record for the Phins, but they could easily go 10-6. In terms of the Bills I see them winning 4 or 5 games.

This year will be tough even with the great additions we have made, we just play some really difficult teams. 9-7 could be fair, but we could easily be 11-5 or 7-9 depending on how we play.

I see Miami in the 9-11 win range, depending on injuries etc. With Chan Gailey in Buffalo I think the Bills will be in a lot of close games this year, but probably on the wrong side of a lot of those. Buffalo will probably be in the 4-6 win range. Of course, anything can happen in the NFL so who really knows at this time of year.

the funny thing about the espn predictions is how high they r on the freakin jets. the jets freakin blow. how the hell is a team led by mark sanchez supposed to win 10 games when they have games vs miami twice, new england twice, pittsburgh, baltimore, cinn, greenbay, minn, houston, even at denver wont be easy, and the bills games wont be easy as they always beat the jets once. this is a team led by mark sanchez.

no team led by sanchez will ever win 10 games, and that coupled with there best player revis holding out, theyll be lucky to get 8 wins.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

miami will go 12-4, new england 10-6, bills 7-9, jets 7-9[ lose tiebreaker to bills]

ESPN is always biased with the jests. like FH is biased with the fins

I think the bills will be around 6-10 or 7-9, I think Miami is a 9-12 win team depending on the way Chad Henne plays

Yeah, that is pretty laughable. The Bills over/under on wins is realistically around 2.

at one of my fantasy drafts this past weekend, some of my freinds were telling me that the ESPN predictions were laughable for everyone. are these the same predictions that put the 9er's finishing last in the NFC west?? and other dumbness?

i cant get passed the ESPN bias with the Jets this year, and even last year. im not sure what it is. If you saw that Jets/Giants pre-season game it was pretty laughable, it was almost like it was the home radio station broadcasting it with all the interviews, talks etc etc.

i can only think it has something to do with the media monopoly since the jets are on hardknocks etc. but wow ive never seen a team with this many prime time games etc. i just dont get it b/c sanchez isnt that great and isnt a heismen winner or nething, and rex has a big mouth but so do alot of nfl coaches. so im not sure where this hype is coming from. ESPN is prob the single most pro-jets organization i see too, alot of individual experts etc, are much less quick to annoint the Jets. I really hope they crash and burn this year b/c its really annoying.

as for the Phins like somone else said anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 .. thats what it should be like. we are an above average team but we are not dominant. It will come down to leadership, coaching, drive and luck. i truely hope we come out with 10 or 11 wins and do something this season in the playoffs.

As of right now I see MIA as a 9 win team. Too much youth and too many variables in the LB corp and secondary to think otherwise.

Well you're not going to sweep us :p

Division games are always a challenge. Even with you guys - and listen, I don't say that in a mean way, but you can't deny that the Bills at this point in time are at the bottom of the AFC East with the other powerhouse teams. All due respect, here is a well written list of things the "Bills are going to look stupid for" - written by one of your kinsmen over on the Bills board:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=274650

I understand being a fan bud, but you have to be reasonable about your expectations, which at this point, should be zero.

at one of my fantasy drafts this past weekend, some of my freinds were telling me that the ESPN predictions were laughable for everyone. are these the same predictions that put the 9er's finishing last in the NFC west?? and other dumbness?

i cant get passed the ESPN bias with the Jets this year, and even last year. im not sure what it is. If you saw that Jets/Giants pre-season game it was pretty laughable, it was almost like it was the home radio station broadcasting it with all the interviews, talks etc etc.

i can only think it has something to do with the media monopoly since the jets are on hardknocks etc. but wow ive never seen a team with this many prime time games etc. i just dont get it b/c sanchez isnt that great and isnt a heismen winner or nething, and rex has a big mouth but so do alot of nfl coaches. so im not sure where this hype is coming from. ESPN is prob the single most pro-jets organization i see too, alot of individual experts etc, are much less quick to annoint the Jets. I really hope they crash and burn this year b/c its really annoying.

as for the Phins like somone else said anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 .. thats what it should be like. we are an above average team but we are not dominant. It will come down to leadership, coaching, drive and luck. i truely hope we come out with 10 or 11 wins and do something this season in the playoffs.

I don't post much, but .... That's IT, it's the fact that it's New York. And the fact that it's a good looking quarterback (debatable, I guess) that played in L.A. who came to New York. We shouldn't take offense to it. They got lucky to even get into the playoffs last year. ... I wonder if people would be so high on them had they missed they playoffs completely (which they should have, take away luck and circumstance). The fact is, they're not THAT good.

Sure, the defense performed well last year, but please, the defense gave up 31 points to us (in a game where Ted Ginn DID NOT return two kickoffs for touchdowns). That was against a first-year starting quarterback in primetime. And these are not knocks against Henne because he could (and will) do it time after time after time in games, but that people are hyped about the Jets is a mystery to me. The only reason they are high on them is because they are based in New York.

That they upset Cincinnati and San Diego in the playoffs is an afterthought ... Miami could have done the same thing with a break here and/or there, and wouldn't have seen half as much national publicity. They are hyped because they are New York. And hopefully they — (particularly Rex and Bart) — will be as vocal when they they MISS the playoffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love how they say Chad Henne is a young quarterback who could struggle, when Sanchez threw more interceptions than he did. I seriously cannot wait for the Jets to fall so flat on their ***.

Back
Top Bottom