ESPN Predictions underachive Dolphins and Bills

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DownTheSideline, Aug 30, 2010.

1. DownTheSideline

DownTheSideline Active Member

The ESPN predictions Have the Dolphins at 7-9 and the Bills at 6-10

the MNF Crew splits the dolphins with 9 wins at Same and Less and

The MNF crew has the Bills getting less then 5 wins, which is laughable.

O well hopefully the Bills moreso then the Dolphins prove them wrong, but I don't like seeing both teams getting screwed over like that.

2. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Given Miami's inevitable sweep over the Bills, I just can't see the Bills going 6-8 in their other 14 games and Miami only going 5-9...outlandish!

3. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

I would say that 9-7 is a reasonable record for the Phins, but they could easily go 10-6. In terms of the Bills I see them winning 4 or 5 games.

4. newlownorder

newlownorder Hoof Hearted

This year will be tough even with the great additions we have made, we just play some really difficult teams. 9-7 could be fair, but we could easily be 11-5 or 7-9 depending on how we play.

5. DownTheSideline

DownTheSideline Active Member

Well you're not going to sweep us :p

6. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I see Miami in the 9-11 win range, depending on injuries etc. With Chan Gailey in Buffalo I think the Bills will be in a lot of close games this year, but probably on the wrong side of a lot of those. Buffalo will probably be in the 4-6 win range. Of course, anything can happen in the NFL so who really knows at this time of year.

7. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

the funny thing about the espn predictions is how high they r on the freakin jets. the jets freakin blow. how the hell is a team led by mark sanchez supposed to win 10 games when they have games vs miami twice, new england twice, pittsburgh, baltimore, cinn, greenbay, minn, houston, even at denver wont be easy, and the bills games wont be easy as they always beat the jets once. this is a team led by mark sanchez.

no team led by sanchez will ever win 10 games, and that coupled with there best player revis holding out, theyll be lucky to get 8 wins.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

miami will go 12-4, new england 10-6, bills 7-9, jets 7-9[ lose tiebreaker to bills]

8. D0lphan72

D0lphan72 War... War never changes Finheaven VIP Donator

ESPN is always biased with the jests. like FH is biased with the fins

9. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

I think the bills will be around 6-10 or 7-9, I think Miami is a 9-12 win team depending on the way Chad Henne plays

10. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

Yeah, that is pretty laughable. The Bills over/under on wins is realistically around 2.

11. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan Banned Hammered

at one of my fantasy drafts this past weekend, some of my freinds were telling me that the ESPN predictions were laughable for everyone. are these the same predictions that put the 9er's finishing last in the NFC west?? and other dumbness?

i cant get passed the ESPN bias with the Jets this year, and even last year. im not sure what it is. If you saw that Jets/Giants pre-season game it was pretty laughable, it was almost like it was the home radio station broadcasting it with all the interviews, talks etc etc.

i can only think it has something to do with the media monopoly since the jets are on hardknocks etc. but wow ive never seen a team with this many prime time games etc. i just dont get it b/c sanchez isnt that great and isnt a heismen winner or nething, and rex has a big mouth but so do alot of nfl coaches. so im not sure where this hype is coming from. ESPN is prob the single most pro-jets organization i see too, alot of individual experts etc, are much less quick to annoint the Jets. I really hope they crash and burn this year b/c its really annoying.

as for the Phins like somone else said anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 .. thats what it should be like. we are an above average team but we are not dominant. It will come down to leadership, coaching, drive and luck. i truely hope we come out with 10 or 11 wins and do something this season in the playoffs.

12. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

As of right now I see MIA as a 9 win team. Too much youth and too many variables in the LB corp and secondary to think otherwise.

13. overworkedirish

overworkedirish A True Fan Donator

Division games are always a challenge. Even with you guys - and listen, I don't say that in a mean way, but you can't deny that the Bills at this point in time are at the bottom of the AFC East with the other powerhouse teams. All due respect, here is a well written list of things the "Bills are going to look stupid for" - written by one of your kinsmen over on the Bills board:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=274650

I understand being a fan bud, but you have to be reasonable about your expectations, which at this point, should be zero.

14. chriscarter

chriscarter Scout Team

I don't post much, but .... That's IT, it's the fact that it's New York. And the fact that it's a good looking quarterback (debatable, I guess) that played in L.A. who came to New York. We shouldn't take offense to it. They got lucky to even get into the playoffs last year. ... I wonder if people would be so high on them had they missed they playoffs completely (which they should have, take away luck and circumstance). The fact is, they're not THAT good.

Sure, the defense performed well last year, but please, the defense gave up 31 points to us (in a game where Ted Ginn DID NOT return two kickoffs for touchdowns). That was against a first-year starting quarterback in primetime. And these are not knocks against Henne because he could (and will) do it time after time after time in games, but that people are hyped about the Jets is a mystery to me. The only reason they are high on them is because they are based in New York.

That they upset Cincinnati and San Diego in the playoffs is an afterthought ... Miami could have done the same thing with a break here and/or there, and wouldn't have seen half as much national publicity. They are hyped because they are New York. And hopefully they — (particularly Rex and Bart) — will be as vocal when they they MISS the playoffs!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010
  15. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

I just love how they say Chad Henne is a young quarterback who could struggle, when Sanchez threw more interceptions than he did. I seriously cannot wait for the Jets to fall so flat on their ***.

16. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Realistically, until you get a QB, an O-Line, and a front 7, six wins for the Bills is generous to say the least. But saying the Dolphins will have the same record as last year after adding Marshall, Dansby and Nolan is pretty laughable.

17. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

I've come to terms with ESPN being biased, and pretty much clueless about anything that isn't college football. When it comes to the NFL, ESPN is about as bad as it gets.

18. Rhinocoach

Rhinocoach Well-Known Member

reply to posted thread.

A three month old thread from the BBMB should not hold that much water for your point.
    I have seen alot more threads talking about going 2-0 by catching the Packers off guard than posts worrying about losing the home oppener.(on BBMB)
    Not only should you look at the points that were made but the responses given.
    No Bills fans had even seen Spiller run when that was written.
    Alot of fans have changed thier tune about the majority of that list.
    Don't be one of the many Fish fans who are upset and surprised by the Bills success this season.
    We were 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 with possibly the single worst coach in the league.
    20+ players on IR.
    want to know a funny??? we are trying to find a way to keep our #4 RB on the team because he is so good we can't afford to let him see the PS.

19. Rhinocoach

Same O-line and QB that got us 7-9, 7-9, 6-10.
    they were on rotation to the hospital as well last year.
    you think getting rid of Jauron will make us worse?
    you are in for a shock.

but that's O.K. ESPN will say something stupid like how henne messed it up or how the dolphins looked past the Bills.
    no worries, we're used to it.

20. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Adding Chan Gailey is a real upgrade :rolleyes2:

Your strengths are your secondary and CJ Spiller. Your defense was 30th against the run which doesn't bode well against either the Dolphins or Jets. Your OL is terrible and your team chose to draft an RB that was not needed over a LT which was critical. Trent Edwards is unreliable and when he's good he's average at best.

I expect a tough game in Buffalo because the Dolphins historically struggle there, but I will be very surprised if you get more then 5 wins.

21. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

That was Gruden and just prior to that he loved the addition of Holmes because Sanchez had a lot of weapons now to throw to. Rex evens views Sanchez as a game manager. He has struggled this preseason and when the regular season starts, teams that get pressure on him will have success against him. He is skittish under rush.

22. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Where does anyone see Buffalo winning 6 games, that would be the greatest coaching job ever......

Miami - L
    @GB - L
    @NE - L
    NYJ - L
    JAC - L
    @BALT - L
    @KC - POTENTIAL WIN
    CHIC - POTENTIAL WIN
    DET - POTENTIAL WIN
    @CINCI - L
    PITTS - L
    @MINN - L
    CLEVE - POTENTIAL WIN
    @MIAMI - L
    NE - L
    @NYJ - L

Four potential wins and maybe 1 divisional game, which means 3 wins or less. But I really think they will be looking at a 0 wins going into the Cleveland game and will need to hope Miami, NE or the Jets have a playoff spot wrapped up and sit everyone!

23. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

i remember last year there were a lot of espn predictions that had us going 7-9 and 8-8. this board for the majority thought they were nuts. we did have injuries but thats part of football. 9-7 is optimistic this year, afc is tough. im one of those that thought they were nuts, i like 10-6 or 11-5 this year. where can i pre-order my division champs shirt?

nyjunc likes this.
  24. ryanosaur2000

ryanosaur2000 A True Fan Donator

Based on the relative youth of the team and what I have seen in the first three pre season games, I think a 9-7 record (with a possible wild card spot) would be a successful year.

As for the Bills, it's hard to call them. None of us expected to lose to them last year and we did. I could see them go anywhere from 5-11 to 8-8. They have not looked horrific in the pre season and Spiller looks like a game breaker.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010
  25. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

As a rookie w/ him starting we won 9 games, I can see why 10 would be impossible as he gets better:lol:

Miami 12-4?:lol2:

For my entrie life there have been maybe 2-3 years where the Jets have gotten positive press. to act like there is some sort of bias in our favor is as laughable as it gets.

I like the predicitions of the Monday Nigth guys, they said over 10 wins for the Jets, around 10 for NE and around 9 for Miami but the reality is we can finish in any order. The top 3 are pretty close and we all have excellent shots to win this.

Each year is very different, you could win 7 and be much better than last year as it appears the sched will be tougher(though that changes quickly). We could be much better and go 9-7 again, we could be worse and go 10-6? We have no idea how this plays out, 9-7 one year may not be the same as 9-7 in another year.

26. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd take it more to heart if this prediction was made by a legitimate sports organization, especially one not having an agenda or prone to over-slurping the flavor of the day.

27. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Sanchez has been fine this preseason. he was excellent against the Giants, bad against the Panthers and mediocre against the skins.

henne was bad in weeks 1 and 3 and great in week 2, it all kind of balances out.

Most importantly for both guys is they are healthy, you cannot take too much out of preseason stats. If we did then Chad P would be your starting QB and kellen Clemens would be ours.

28. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

5 wins for this Bills is a laughable prediction. They really expect them to be that good?

9 wins for the Dolphins seems like a pretty realistic prediction.

29. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

Wow who knew Espn picked the same exact record for us and Bills from last year...

Thats what ESPN does..They never go out a limb..

They pick the same 12 playoff teams and they pretty much pick the same divison winners..

NFL is like the NCAA tourney in terms of playoff teams.. Their are always surprise teams..

and their is a %50 Turnover of play off teams from the year before..

So out of the 12 that made it last year 6 will not make it this year..

ESPN is afriad of picking the wrong teams..Way to do your homework ESPN..

What a joke

30. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

The ESPN picks are made of of 10-12 of their "experts" who each give you their picks and I don't see anywhere on espn.com where those picks have been posted yet. The only picks I have seen is the MNF crew going division by division w/ Gruden and Jaworski giving an over/under pick.

31. Tunaphish429

I remeber a few years ago they did that...Picked 11 out of the same 12 teams..Then they picked the same exact Super Bowl as the year before..

Classic!

32. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

It's not "they". There are alot of different "experts" that make their picks and they come to a consensus. I guarantee if most of the espn folks pick Miami to win the div or make the playoffs we will hear how great they are and if they pick us to suck you will hear Jet fans complaining. It's all in fun to stir debate, anyone who has paid attention to the AFC East knows it's going to be a close, tough race barring major injuries and I am not convinced Buffalo will be as bad as many think. I am not as confident in them now as I was heading into camp b/c they had some key injuries but if they get healthy I think they can be a competitive team.

33. Tunaphish429

Yes, I know that man, Its not like I believe that ESPN has one powerful brian that predicts and does everthing...I dont really care who they pick I just know "they" always picked the same teams...

34. Rhinocoach

hey if you want to take credit for those last 2 games of the season, it's on you.
    Not even the Bills fans consider the Indy Win in Jan a real win.
    but if that is what lets you to sleep at night?
    Can't speak for the Fish fans but the Buffalo fans can't wait to burst the Jets bubble.
    Oh the humanity!!!!

35. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

any win Buf gets is a real win, there are so few you need to cherish every one.:lol:

36. Rhinocoach

the Bills didn't go 0-fer in the AFCE when the crypt-keeper was running "Pop Warner's introduction to basic offense" so what makes you think we will with a real coach and some new weapons.
    Heck the way Chan is getting players to step up it's like having 3-4 drafts this offseason.
    We have guys comming out of the woodwork that Dicky J couldn't figure out how to use.
    but you just keep on nursing that old QB & O-line response.
    the same Qb's and a shadow of that O-line beat both the fish and Jets last year.

37. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Yes, it was all Jauron's fault. Now you have Chan Gailey:lol:

I do think you'll be better, I do think you have some talent but unless the top 3 are severely banged up you will likely be back in the basement.

You guys picked us off 6 times and you still needed OT to beat us last year. I wouldn't crow about that.

38. Rhinocoach

the Jets are like watching the Coyote chase the roadrunner.
    you still think you are in contention. :lol:
    but as long as you are enjoying the face time on hard knocks.

39. Rhinocoach

TWO teams rolled over so that you could make the playoffs.
    that is a freekin' miracle.
    Two playoff teams perfered to take thier chances against the Jets in the playoffs than start thier first team in the regular season.

keep reading your own press.

40. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

a fan of a team that hasn't made the postseason in over a decade is talking trash?

We got a qtr and a half of backups against Indy, against Cincy starters we led 27-0 then we beat them up on the road the next week.

Should we have lost to the backups like Buffalo did w/ the playoffs on the line in 2004 against Pitt?