ESPN Predictions underachive Dolphins and Bills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Predictions underachive Dolphins and Bills

Realistically, until you get a QB, an O-Line, and a front 7, six wins for the Bills is generous to say the least. But saying the Dolphins will have the same record as last year after adding Marshall, Dansby and Nolan is pretty laughable.

I've come to terms with ESPN being biased, and pretty much clueless about anything that isn't college football. When it comes to the NFL, ESPN is about as bad as it gets.

reply to posted thread.

Division games are always a challenge. Even with you guys - and listen, I don't say that in a mean way, but you can't deny that the Bills at this point in time are at the bottom of the AFC East with the other powerhouse teams. All due respect, here is a well written list of things the "Bills are going to look stupid for" - written by one of your kinsmen over on the Bills board:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=274650

I understand being a fan bud, but you have to be reasonable about your expectations, which at this point, should be zero.
A three month old thread from the BBMB should not hold that much water for your point.
I have seen alot more threads talking about going 2-0 by catching the Packers off guard than posts worrying about losing the home oppener.(on BBMB)
Not only should you look at the points that were made but the responses given.
No Bills fans had even seen Spiller run when that was written.
Alot of fans have changed thier tune about the majority of that list.
Don't be one of the many Fish fans who are upset and surprised by the Bills success this season.
We were 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 with possibly the single worst coach in the league.
20+ players on IR.
want to know a funny??? we are trying to find a way to keep our #4 RB on the team because he is so good we can't afford to let him see the PS.

Realistically, until you get a QB, an O-Line, and a front 7, six wins for the Bills is generous to say the least. But saying the Dolphins will have the same record as last year after adding Marshall, Dansby and Nolan is pretty laughable.
Same O-line and QB that got us 7-9, 7-9, 6-10.
they were on rotation to the hospital as well last year.
you think getting rid of Jauron will make us worse?
you are in for a shock.

but that's O.K. ESPN will say something stupid like how henne messed it up or how the dolphins looked past the Bills.
no worries, we're used to it.

Same O-line and QB that got us 7-9, 7-9, 6-10.
they were on rotation to the hospital as well last year.
you think getting rid of Jauron will make us worse?
you are in for a shock.

but that's O.K. ESPN will say something stupid like how henne messed it up or how the dolphins looked past the Bills.
no worries, we're used to it.

Adding Chan Gailey is a real upgrade :rolleyes2:

Your strengths are your secondary and CJ Spiller. Your defense was 30th against the run which doesn't bode well against either the Dolphins or Jets. Your OL is terrible and your team chose to draft an RB that was not needed over a LT which was critical. Trent Edwards is unreliable and when he's good he's average at best.

I expect a tough game in Buffalo because the Dolphins historically struggle there, but I will be very surprised if you get more then 5 wins.

I just love how they say Chad Henne is a young quarterback who could struggle, when Sanchez threw more interceptions than he did. I seriously cannot wait for the Jets to fall so flat on their ***.
That was Gruden and just prior to that he loved the addition of Holmes because Sanchez had a lot of weapons now to throw to. Rex evens views Sanchez as a game manager. He has struggled this preseason and when the regular season starts, teams that get pressure on him will have success against him. He is skittish under rush.

Where does anyone see Buffalo winning 6 games, that would be the greatest coaching job ever......

Miami - L
@GB - L
@NE - L
NYJ - L
JAC - L
@BALT - L
@KC - POTENTIAL WIN
CHIC - POTENTIAL WIN
DET - POTENTIAL WIN
@CINCI - L
PITTS - L
@MINN - L
CLEVE - POTENTIAL WIN
@MIAMI - L
NE - L
@NYJ - L

Four potential wins and maybe 1 divisional game, which means 3 wins or less. But I really think they will be looking at a 0 wins going into the Cleveland game and will need to hope Miami, NE or the Jets have a playoff spot wrapped up and sit everyone!

i remember last year there were a lot of espn predictions that had us going 7-9 and 8-8. this board for the majority thought they were nuts. we did have injuries but thats part of football. 9-7 is optimistic this year, afc is tough. im one of those that thought they were nuts, i like 10-6 or 11-5 this year. where can i pre-order my division champs shirt?

Based on the relative youth of the team and what I have seen in the first three pre season games, I think a 9-7 record (with a possible wild card spot) would be a successful year.

As for the Bills, it's hard to call them. None of us expected to lose to them last year and we did. I could see them go anywhere from 5-11 to 8-8. They have not looked horrific in the pre season and Spiller looks like a game breaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
the funny thing about the espn predictions is how high they r on the freakin jets. the jets freakin blow. how the hell is a team led by mark sanchez supposed to win 10 games when they have games vs miami twice, new england twice, pittsburgh, baltimore, cinn, greenbay, minn, houston, even at denver wont be easy, and the bills games wont be easy as they always beat the jets once. this is a team led by mark sanchez.

no team led by sanchez will ever win 10 games, and that coupled with there best player revis holding out, theyll be lucky to get 8 wins.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

miami will go 12-4, new england 10-6, bills 7-9, jets 7-9[ lose tiebreaker to bills]

As a rookie w/ him starting we won 9 games, I can see why 10 would be impossible as he gets better:lol:

Miami 12-4?:lol2:

ESPN is always biased with the jests. like FH is biased with the fins

For my entrie life there have been maybe 2-3 years where the Jets have gotten positive press. to act like there is some sort of bias in our favor is as laughable as it gets.

I like the predicitions of the Monday Nigth guys, they said over 10 wins for the Jets, around 10 for NE and around 9 for Miami but the reality is we can finish in any order. The top 3 are pretty close and we all have excellent shots to win this.

Each year is very different, you could win 7 and be much better than last year as it appears the sched will be tougher(though that changes quickly). We could be much better and go 9-7 again, we could be worse and go 10-6? We have no idea how this plays out, 9-7 one year may not be the same as 9-7 in another year.

I'd take it more to heart if this prediction was made by a legitimate sports organization, especially one not having an agenda or prone to over-slurping the flavor of the day.

That was Gruden and just prior to that he loved the addition of Holmes because Sanchez had a lot of weapons now to throw to. Rex evens views Sanchez as a game manager. He has struggled this preseason and when the regular season starts, teams that get pressure on him will have success against him. He is skittish under rush.

Sanchez has been fine this preseason. he was excellent against the Giants, bad against the Panthers and mediocre against the skins.

henne was bad in weeks 1 and 3 and great in week 2, it all kind of balances out.

Most importantly for both guys is they are healthy, you cannot take too much out of preseason stats. If we did then Chad P would be your starting QB and kellen Clemens would be ours.

5 wins for this Bills is a laughable prediction. They really expect them to be that good?

9 wins for the Dolphins seems like a pretty realistic prediction.

Wow who knew Espn picked the same exact record for us and Bills from last year...

Thats what ESPN does..They never go out a limb..

They pick the same 12 playoff teams and they pretty much pick the same divison winners..

NFL is like the NCAA tourney in terms of playoff teams.. Their are always surprise teams..

and their is a %50 Turnover of play off teams from the year before..

So out of the 12 that made it last year 6 will not make it this year..

ESPN is afriad of picking the wrong teams..Way to do your homework ESPN..

What a joke

Wow who knew Espn picked the same exact record for us and Bills from last year...

Thats what ESPN does..They never go out a limb..

They pick the same 12 playoff teams and they pretty much pick the same divison winners..

NFL is like the NCAA tourney in terms of playoff teams.. Their are always surprise teams..

and their is a %50 Turnover of play off teams from the year before..

So out of the 12 that made it last year 6 will not make it this year..

ESPN is afriad of picking the wrong teams..Way to do your homework ESPN..

What a joke

The ESPN picks are made of of 10-12 of their "experts" who each give you their picks and I don't see anywhere on espn.com where those picks have been posted yet. The only picks I have seen is the MNF crew going division by division w/ Gruden and Jaworski giving an over/under pick.

Back
Top Bottom