ESPN thinks we should trade Landry to Jags for a 2nd | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN thinks we should trade Landry to Jags for a 2nd

Miami needs to sign Landry long-term. Let Pouncey go and there's $9 million. He's a good player, but his hip injury isn't going to get any better. If need be, Timmons is another one who could be released to make room on the salary cap. Timmons is playing great, but he did go AWOL.

I am a Miami Dolphins fan 1st, but if we were to trade Landry I'd feel betrayed. He's one of the good ones. I would be very disappointed with the franchise if he didn't play his entire NFL career here. IMO he's right up there with Duper, Clayton, McDuffie and Warfield. The energy and positive leadership this guy brings IMO is off the charts.

Everyone's so sure about Landry, we're talking about the Dolphins here. If Landry digs his heels in and the Dolphins as well over money, you guys honestly believe the Phins won't listen to trade offers? You guys are really putting that pass our front office?

Landry holds franchise (and soon to be NFL) records in receptions, and is arguably the best WR in team history, touchdowns be damned. I will gladly come back and eat crow if this team lets him leave. NO ONE in the front office is so incompetent to let him go.

Any doubt anyone had has been dashed in the first six weeks of this VERY trying season. If you think we beat the Jests without him you are taking crazy pills.

Jarvis is the Miami Dolphins offense right now, and it’s not really close.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

IMG_2149.PNG

The draft pick exchange rate in the NFL is out of whack and has been for a long time. So a team should trade away a known excellent starter for what amounts to a roll of the dice that half the time ends up being jack squat? A draft pick that is a known HIT (Landry), in any round, should be way more valuable than a another chance in the same game. But i guess half the time teams are just happy to get rid of guys, get rid of contracts, etc, which makes the exchange rate what it is.

If he walked we'd get a 3rd rounder for sure.

He's behind only Boldin in the history of the sport for receptions over his career - and I think could pass Boldin this year.

Sure value is relative, given we're up against the cap, but if we were to take that rancid bait....

If he walked we'd get a 3rd rounder for sure.

He's behind only Boldin in the history of the sport for receptions over his career - and I think could pass Boldin this year.

Sure value is relative, given we're up against the cap, but if we were to take that rancid bait....

He only needs 10 more receptions to break the all time record for first 4 seasons :)

EDIT: He’s on pace for 120 rec this season putting him at 453 to Boldin’s 342 - thats not breaking, it’s SHATTERING.

Last edited:
Can ESPN just die a dignified death already? Bleacher Report writers have more thoughtful, detailed analysis than this POS network, hell even the NFL Network guys analysis is better than these knuckleheads.

Everyone knows if any team gets Landry it will be NE...Look no further than recent trade/pickup history of Miami's most promising players. They go North....WAY North and in our own division none the less.

Will never understand that....

New England would never pay Landry what he is expected to get/want
$10 million plus

Back
Top Bottom