Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix

"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Miami Dolphins fans. But it's probably going to be awhile before your team is a legitimate playoff contender again.

A disastrous offseason has gutted this once-promising team. Now, Miami is in full rebuild mode under rookie head coach Joe Philbin.

Miami is not a quick or easy fix. Here are five reasons why the Dolphins are a long way away from being a contender and probable for another top-10 draft pick in 2013: "

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

We have a very good and young defense. We will draft offense this year and build on what we already have (Bush, Thomas, Bess, Hartline, Clay, Long, Pouncey) and intriguing prospects (Gates, Messam, Pruitt, Wallace, Brown).

No, we're not going to win the SuperBowl this year... Neither are we going to select in the top 10 next year!

"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Miami Dolphins fans. But it's probably going to be awhile before your team is a legitimate playoff contender again.

A disastrous offseason has gutted this once-promising team. Now, Miami is in full rebuild mode under rookie head coach Joe Philbin.

Miami is not a quick or easy fix. Here are five reasons why the Dolphins are a long way away from being a contender and probable for another top-10 draft pick in 2013: "

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It hurts to read the article, but, he speaks the truth. NO Homerism here, just too many question marks surrounding the offensive side of the ball. Then factor in the 20+ F/A, Miami has going into 2013 and you can see why it could be a long road, before the team wins consistently again. But on the bright side, IF players like Jones, Wilson, Murtha, Gates and Clay can develop the Secondary and TE/WR position become strengthened, as well as, having found a potential long term answer to the RT spot in Murtha, things begin to look alot better moving foward!!!

Amazing how he goes from obvious statement to inaccurate statement and back again from paragraph to paragraph.

Just another opinion. I don't care about opinions. We all have them. Let's see how it all plays out during the season.

"...the Dolphins lost their starting right guard and starting right tackle in free agency..."

Or they were dumped and still unemployed... I guess I missed them being scooped up by some other team

Gutted? Nah. We got rid of a WR that gets paid $10 million a year to drop 6 TD passes, 3 of which were game winners. Sounds like a good move to me. We got two 3rd rounders based on his reputation, but if we were compensated on how he actually played, it should have been a 5th rounder.

not gonna criticize the article, but I'm gonna repeat what I said in another thread; let's see how the team responds to Philbin and the new staff. The two biggest issues I see right now, are lack of playmakers at WR, and lack of pass rushers (OL isn't that terrible).

Good scheme can cover up weaknesses.

Meanwhile, the Jets are an aging team with chemistry issues. New York gave embattled quarterback Mark Sanchez a three-year contract extension and then traded for popular backup Tebow, setting up a potentially explosive situation. The Jets will be on a year-long implosion watch, and their arrow could be trending downward after last season's mediocre 8-8 finish.

For once I will start the "let's talk about the you know whos" discussion :chuckle:

"...the Dolphins lost their starting right guard and starting right tackle in free agency..."

Or they were dumped and still unemployed... I guess I missed them being scooped up by some other team
lol, lost the RT and RG? Who did we lose them to? I'm pretty sure they're still out on the street with no team to play for. I hope they sign somewhere so they can at least help us get a compensatory pick in next years draft.

Back
Top Bottom