Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn's James Walker-Dolphins are no quick fix

When we are back to no chance at the endzone or kicking FGs all day....tell me that again.

In 2 seasons Brandon Marshall dropped more TD passes than he caught. He has been on 1 winning team in his entire football career. (And that was his rookie year in Denver, when he hardly played.) It was addition by subtraction.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

That's ridiculous, dude. Listen to yourself. He definitely made a misstep with the use of "gutted", but that in no way renders the rest of what he said as invalid. If I tell you the sky is green and then go on to recite some fact based thing afterward, does the green sky remark really mean the rest is suddenly just magically unfactual? Come on. You're really reaching.

No, but it oes mean that the rest of what you say is suspect at best, and more probably just wrong.

No, but it oes mean that the rest of what you say is suspect at best, and more probably just wrong.

No it doesn't, either. Not when the bulk of what he said is simple fact rather than some editorial piece. Are you going to try and put some sort of happy and hopey spin on their situation at WR, QB, OL or pass rush areas? How can that even be disputed? You don't just disregard an entire thing because of a couple stupid statements that are designed to evoke the type of response a lot of you are biting on. I know it's easy to just put on the blinders and willfully dismiss things as "oh, look, another Dolphins hater", but that is such a simple, narrow minded way of looking at things. You only do yourself a disservice in life by being that limited.

Uh, does it really make what he said any less valid, though? Marshall had issues but he was still the closest thing the team had to a legit consistent playmaker type. I need to see more from Reggie Bush before I can count him. What the guy said is true, though. The offense has spare parts. The defense is solid but very unspectacular and can and will be thrown on with regularity. The pass rush situation is a joke and there is no guaranteeing it will be much better after the draft.

You can't call the article garbage just because it flies in the face of your never-ending optimism. He brings up very valid points as things stand right now. I know a lot of people here, including yourself, love to put on the apologist hat, but look at it objectively. You have people on here focusing on the reasons guys like Colombo are gone instead of focusing on the fact that those spots are going to likely be filled by people with big question marks at best. Did Walker maybe come across a bit too hyperbolic at times? Yeah. Does it completely undo the points he made? Nope.
the fact that he didn't even know what happened shows his lack of knowledge and therefore credibility
and replacing Colombo with a question mark is an upgrade because there was no question about how bad he was

In 2 seasons Brandon Marshall dropped more TD passes than he caught. He has been on 1 winning team in his entire football career. (And that was his rookie year in Denver, when he hardly played.) It was addition by subtraction.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Check the teams he was on, clearly wasn't his fault that those teams failed, but its only a team sport when you have to make a case against BM I guess. It was all his fault nobody else could produce here last year receiving right?

Addition by subtraction? LOL...like I said, we'll see when our #1 WR is Hartline.

That's ridiculous, dude. Listen to yourself. He definitely made a misstep with the use of "gutted", but that in no way renders the rest of what he said as invalid. If I tell you the sky is green and then go on to recite some fact based thing afterward, does the green sky remark really mean the rest is suddenly just magically unfactual? Come on. You're really reaching.

You are confusing opinions as facts.

You are confusing opinions as facts.

Am I? It isn't fact that the WR and pass rush situations are atrocious? LOL, come on, dude. I know you are as super homeriffic as it gets, but Jesus. You can't see the forest from the trees. You are willing and able to just blindly disregard an entire article because he said "gutted" and I am the one who is confusing something? That's the funniest damn thing I have heard all week. I couldn't care less what kind of blind optimistic spin you want to put on it. The bottom line is that there were plenty of valid points in the article. Ones with far more merit than what you have to bring to support the opposite.

Am I? It isn't fact that the WR and pass rush situations are atrocious? LOL, come on, dude. I know you are as super homeriffic as it gets, but Jesus. You can't see the forest from the trees. You are willing and able to just blindly disregard an entire article because he said "gutted" and I am the one who is confusing something? That's the funniest damn thing I have heard all week. I couldn't care less what kind of blind optimistic spin you want to put on it. The bottom line is that there were plenty of valid points in the article. Ones with far more merit than what you have to bring to support the opposite.

i dont think it was the just the "gutted" aspect, it was as many other posters referenced, the loss of Colombo and Carey as if they just lost all-pro in their prime anchors to the o-line, he did not explain one was one of the worst lineman in all of the NFL and retired, and the other not a single team has brought in for a visit and it had been a long time coming for Vernon who is just old slow lethargic and goes down easy

he says they gutted the team, but did he mention they resigned one of the best DTs in the NFL in Solia, and for a steal none the less, or added a valuable nickel corner in an all passing league?

Taking a look at the contracts that expire at the end of the season I think it is fair to say Miami is in a complete rebuilding phase.

i dont think it was the just the "gutted" aspect, it was as many other posters referenced, the loss of Colombo and Carey as if they just lost all-pro in their prime anchors to the o-line, he did not explain one was one of the worst lineman in all of the NFL and retired, and the other not a single team has brought in for a visit and it had been a long time coming for Vernon who is just old slow lethargic and goes down easy

he says they gutted the team, but did he mention they resigned one of the best DTs in the NFL in Solia, and for a steal none the less, or added a valuable nickel corner in an all passing league?

Fair enough. That seems like a valid point. However, it still doesn't change the fact that he raised valid points elsewhere. The spirit of what he said seems almost spot on to me aside from the "gutted" comment and talking about the jettisoned linemen. No matter how you slice it, this team is likely going to be mediocre at absolute best, which was his ultimate point- that they are severely lacking in talent at many key positions and likely in a long term rebuilding phase, and are likely looking at a 3rd or 4th place finish.

Instead of focusing on what was inferred, how about focusing on the point of the message: Miami has holes at right tackle and right guard. Doesnt matter how good or bad those positions were in the past, its a hole now. This sort of knitpicking over "what it sounded like" or the word "gutted" should be beneath us. Its no different than saying the rest of the article is completely irrelevant because he misspelled a word in the beginning sentence. Focus on what was said, not over how it sounded.

I'll excuse him for not going head over the moon ecstactic for resigning a player. Should he also swoon over the resigning of Phillip Merling? And im not sure paying 5 million dollars a year for another teams backup, who will be a backup for us in certain formations, is considered all that noteworthy. Well, all that noteworthy in a positive way.

Point of his article: Miami is rebuilding and do not be surprised if they are picking in the top 10 next offseason. To everywhere who disagrees with it: insulting the writer or dismissing the article because the author used a single word that you dislike does nothing to convince people that we will win alot of games this season.

Am I? It isn't fact that the WR and pass rush situations are atrocious? LOL, come on, dude. I know you are as super homeriffic as it gets, but Jesus. You can't see the forest from the trees.

The pass rush situation is atrocious???? We have the guy that's statistically the best pass rusher in the league. Does he need help? Yes, but I'd hardly call the situation atrocious, and we have no reason to believe we wont resign him unless his demands aren't in line with his production. Sounds like you are the opposite of "as super homerific as it gets", and that doesn't mean you're realistic.

"...the Dolphins lost their starting right guard and starting right tackle in free agency..."

Or they were dumped and still unemployed... I guess I missed them being scooped up by some other team
You are missing the point. No one is arguing that they sucked, the point of the article is that have yet to be replaced. You have to replace talent with talent, and we haven't done so.

Personally I think the article was well written and spot on. I was going to start a thread about the defense a few weeks ago, but what makes our defense so special?? Nolan was more the reason our defense was good last year rather than talent. We are good against the run, that is our claim to fame. But that is like hearing "she has a good personality", when you ask, "how does she look". The NFL is about passing and stopping the pass, and like the man says, we can do neither. Todays NFL defense is about getting intelligent playmaking safeties, we have NONE. The closest things we had to an average safety is no longer on the team. No wonder teams didn't run on us, they didn't have to, passing was just too easy. And I see no reason for ANY improvment this year. Acutally much like Reggie Bush's numbers, I expect the defense to take a step back.

But all of this isnt doom and gloom. If we get people in here that can turn things around it is fine to have a bad couple more years. Just don't kill the messenger when he tells the truth. This isn't a 8-8 football team right now on paper. A top 10 pick in next years draft seems HIGHLY likely to me. Name 10 teams that are sure to do worse than us this year.....and NO college teams don't count.

. It is like eveyone forgets the season. Nobody wanted to play the Dolphins in the second half of last season, no one.

LMAO!!!! Thank you, that made my day!!! You really should do stand up. NFL teams want to play the best, to see where they are. So to say no one wanted to play us is saying we weren't worth playing. Maybe that I can buy into, but if you are sitting here and saying the 2011 dolphins had opposing coach and players up paceing the floor in fear, dude you really gotta lay off the caffine.

Back
Top Bottom