Even Brady Knows He's Not The Best | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even Brady Knows He's Not The Best

083.gif

I don't think anyone has ever considered Brady to be the best raw talent in football. However at the end of the day the goal of each season is to win a championship and no QB does it more than him. He'll end up going down as the GOAT for that reason alone. And being honest for a second. With the damaged image he has he is going to act as humble as possible. The last thing he probably wants is more people going after his character. I can imagine the ****storm if proclaimed himself the GOAT. Brady might think something entirely different when he is off camera.

He may very well be. Most talented? no. Best? Maybe

I would call him the most accomplished. But pound for pound, not the greatest. He had what most of the greatest qb's had, a great coach. Rare guys like Manning did it without a legendary coach. Would Brady have been as successful in a different situation? Very doubtful but you can't take away what he has earned.

Had Brady played in the earlier decades, with those rules, it's unlikely he would still be playing due to the physical toll on his body. He would have retired years ago and not added a couple more SB titles.
His stats also wouldn't look as good because the rules back then favored DBs more and QBs weren't protected as much.
It was a different game in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

The same could be said for any player in the league. If Rothlisberger, Luck, Newton, etc can't get thru a season in this day & age,.......?

I'm of the mind that each generation has to be judged on it's own merits.

Brady may be one of the greatest of his generation (Might be Manning), but if you could time travel and drop him on the 80's and 90's Fins teams and put Marino on these Belichick Pats teams, who do you believe will have the most Super Bowl wins and best stats?

Brady may be one of the greatest of his generation (Might be Manning), but if you could time travel and drop him on the 80's and 90's Fins teams and put Marino on these Belichick Pats teams, who do you believe will have the most Super Bowl wins and best stats?

Marino was in one SB, and he lost. Marino was not very clutch. Brady is the Gold Standard of clutch........

Brady's game is quite reminiscent of Joe Montana. I would expect Brady to have a similar career to Joe Cool during the same time frame.

Marino was in one SB, and he lost. Marino was not very clutch. Brady is the Gold Standard of clutch........

Marino allowed 38 points and 537 yards in the SB. He was a hack.

Brady on the other hand kicked some of the most clutch FG's in SB history. What a leg he has.

Back
Top Bottom